• 6(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
Here is how you can identify which tracks have English audio and Swedish subtitles.
Code:
mkvmerge --ui-language en --identify-verbose "D:\input\Somefile.mkv" | find /i ": audio (" | find /i "language:eng"

mkvmerge --ui-language en --identify-verbose "D:\input\Somefile.mkv" | find /i ": subtitles (" | find /i "language:swe"

Then you just need som logic to handle answer and get the track numbers and then make the command which should loke something like:
Code:
mkvmerge -o "D:\output\Somefile.mkv" -a 1 -s 4 "D:\input\Somefile.mkv"
Hi guys, great addon but why does it make 3 copys of the film all different sizes? and i have handbrake to compress set in the file cheers for any help
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2012-07-26, 21:14)wints Wrote: Hi guys, great addon but why does it make 3 copys of the film all different sizes? and i have handbrake to compress set in the file cheers for any help

It normally shouldn't, but if your disc has three streams on it all over 3600 seconds, then it grabs all of them as it can't tell which one you actually want. This rarely happens as usually there is only one main video stream but can happen. Just have to delete the ones you do not want after.

If the probably persists with a lot of other discs, let me know and I'll take a look at it, but this issue should be a rare one. I have it listed in the known issues section as there isn't much that can be done about it.

(2012-07-26, 21:05)kaffekask Wrote: Here is how you can identify which tracks have English audio and Swedish subtitles.
Code:
mkvmerge --ui-language en --identify-verbose "D:\input\Somefile.mkv" | find /i ": audio (" | find /i "language:eng"

mkvmerge --ui-language en --identify-verbose "D:\input\Somefile.mkv" | find /i ": subtitles (" | find /i "language:swe"

Then you just need som logic to handle answer and get the track numbers and then make the command which should loke something like:
Code:
mkvmerge -o "D:\output\Somefile.mkv" -a 1 -s 4 "D:\input\Somefile.mkv"

Thank you very much for sharing this with everyone Kaffekask +1 rep
ok cheers Spinalcrack i'll keep you informed Wink
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

This looks like a great addon and I'll definitely be giving it a try tonight. I have a few questions. Does the script select all, or no subtitles, or just the forced subtitles? Or, is there a way to make the script select just English forced subtitles? Same question for audio streams. For a Blu-ray, will it select all audio streams, or just the HD audio stream?

Thanks
Seems like a very good program if, and I believe I have it setup properly. Goes makemkv no problem. Gets to handbreak and works for a long time to compress, but I end up with a small beginning portion of both films I've tested. I get the folder and rip and its only like 100kb every time.

Thanks for your work Spinal, can't wait to get it working fully.
(2012-08-06, 01:42)Willy Stroker Wrote: Seems like a very good program if, and I believe I have it setup properly. Goes makemkv no problem. Gets to handbreak and works for a long time to compress, but I end up with a small beginning portion of both films I've tested. I get the folder and rip and its only like 100kb every time.

Thanks for your work Spinal, can't wait to get it working fully.

That is really bizarre... handbrake may be crashing. What you can do to trouble shoot it, is in windows open up a terminal window (windows key+R then type cmd and hit enter). Then put in
Code:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD
(or where ever you installed AutoRipDVD) and then type
Code:
AutoRipDVD.bat
and hit enter with a movie in your drive. You will see the script run and output to that terminal window, and when it gets to the handbrake part it should spit out any errors it may be having.

Post them here and I'll take a look. You could also check on the handbrake forums and see if anyone else has had a similar problem. May just have to tweak this line at the top of the AutoRipDVD.bat file to get the handbrake encoding working:

Code:
Set X264=b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2:subq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all

What all these options mean, can be found here:

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide

Let me know, and if I can help I will.

(2012-08-02, 17:39)seth.sanbower Wrote: This looks like a great addon and I'll definitely be giving it a try tonight. I have a few questions. Does the script select all, or no subtitles, or just the forced subtitles? Or, is there a way to make the script select just English forced subtitles? Same question for audio streams. For a Blu-ray, will it select all audio streams, or just the HD audio stream?

Thanks

All of that work is done with Makemkv. The CLI of MakeMKV (which is what AutoRipDVD uses), takes everything off the disc. So all the audio tracks, subtitles and any video that is longer than the min duration option that you set in AutoRipDVD.bat goes into the MKV container. This can't really be changed as MakeMKV does not have flags to choose only the audio or subtitles to dump into the mkv container.

Handbrake however does. So if you want to turn on handbrake compression and add in the flags to this line in AutoRipDVD.bat (put the new flags between the -x and %X264%)

Code:
Set QUALITY=--ab 64 --mixdown mono --quality 23 -e x264 -x %X264%

you can definitely specify all kinds of things. See here for all the options

The only trade off with this, is you have to wait on the re-encode which takes a long time, but you will end up with the exact file you want.

Example of what to add to that line to specify subtitles

Quote:-N or --native-language: follow this flag with a language code (eng, fre, spa, dut, et cetera) and it will use that language's subtitles if the selected or default audio language differs from your native language. This way, you don't have to run a -t 0 scan first to see what subtitles are in what languages. Just tell HandBrake what language you want, and it will find the correct track if available. For example, if you select "fre" and you encode a title with French audio, you will not get any subtitles, however if you encode the same title with English audio you will get the French subtitles enabled.
Also, for everyone using handbrake with AutoRipDVD, please make sure you have the latest CLI version. It can be downloaded from here:

http://handbrake.fr/downloads2.php

The link in the first post was pointing to the gui version (they changed their site Tongue), but it is updated now. The latest release has a number of bug fixes, so definitely get it.
(2012-08-06, 03:08)Spinalcrack Wrote: Also, for everyone using handbrake with AutoRipDVD, please make sure you have the latest CLI version. It can be downloaded from here:

http://handbrake.fr/downloads2.php

The link in the first post was pointing to the gui version (they changed their site Tongue), but it is updated now. The latest release has a number of bug fixes, so definitely get it.

Ok thanks for the headsup mate Wink

Hi,
I finally got this to work, I tought... Everything works just fine, the rip starts and I can see the MKV-file building up on my NAS. 1gb, 3gb, 5gb, 5,5gb, the DVD ejects and: the folder is empty... What the...?

When I rip the same DVD "manually" using MakeMKV everything works fine and the MKV-file works as it should.

Also, when the rip starts the folder that's created is named "Label The Switch" (DVD name = The Switch) or in Swedish "Etikett The Switch". That folder name won't work in XBMC, I guess?

Need som help with this.
(2012-08-06, 18:33)Aros Wrote: Hi,
I finally got this to work, I tought... Everything works just fine, the rip starts and I can see the MKV-file building up on my NAS. 1gb, 3gb, 5gb, 5,5gb, the DVD ejects and: the folder is empty... What the...?

When I rip the same DVD "manually" using MakeMKV everything works fine and the MKV-file works as it should.

Also, when the rip starts the folder that's created is named "Label The Switch" (DVD name = The Switch) or in Swedish "Etikett The Switch". That folder name won't work in XBMC, I guess?

Need som help with this.

So the folder is empty in windows or only in xbmc? Are there any special characters in Etikett? Accents or anything? Sounds like it may just not like that volume name. Have you tried any other movies? Something with a simple name to see if the script is working properly or not?
(2012-08-06, 19:17)Spinalcrack Wrote: So the folder is empty in windows or only in xbmc? Are there any special characters in Etikett? Accents or anything? Sounds like it may just not like that volume name. Have you tried any other movies? Something with a simple name to see if the script is working properly or not?

The folder is empty in Windows. There are no special characters in Etikettt, Etikett is the word. I have tried 4 DVD's including a small, home made DVD with the same result. The script seems to be working properly as I can see the mkv-file building up, but when it's finished something makes the mkv-file dissapear. Rights issue? This is very strange.

Thanks!
(2012-08-06, 19:28)Aros Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 19:17)Spinalcrack Wrote: So the folder is empty in windows or only in xbmc? Are there any special characters in Etikett? Accents or anything? Sounds like it may just not like that volume name. Have you tried any other movies? Something with a simple name to see if the script is working properly or not?

The folder is empty in Windows. There are no special characters in Etikettt, Etikett is the word. I have tried 4 DVD's including a small, home made DVD with the same result. The script seems to be working properly as I can see the mkv-file building up, but when it's finished something makes the mkv-file dissapear. Rights issue? This is very strange.

Thanks!

Do you have handbrake compression turned on?
(2012-08-06, 19:32)Spinalcrack Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 19:28)Aros Wrote:

Thanks!

Do you have handbrake compression turned on?

No
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9