• 119(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Please help & I am sorry if i am posting in the incorrect section please forgive me!

I have xbmc and have constellation installed on my ipad.

I can find my xbmc from my ipad by manually keying in info or by the auto find. I get green lights on status for types of setup on both http and jsonrpc.This obviously allows me to search, scan play etc.

The problem im getting is that when i do choose to play something like a movie tv or music it always says nothing is playing. I go into the remote option and again it still says nothing is playing. I can still control the source eg turn volume up and down, skip track etc but its not showing any time, any dvd cover and still says nothing is playing.

Please can someone help. Thank you.
(2012-08-10, 00:47)b7ets Wrote: Please help & I am sorry if i am posting in the incorrect section please forgive me!

I can find my xbmc from my ipad by manually keying in info or by the auto find. I get green lights on status for types of setup on both http and jsonrpc.This obviously allows me to search, scan play etc.

The problem im getting is that when i do choose to play something like a movie tv or music it always says nothing is playing. I go into the remote option and again it still says nothing is playing. I can still control the source eg turn volume up and down, skip track etc but its not showing any time, any dvd cover and still says nothing is playing.

Same problem here, though I can't seem to get jsonrpc to work...
(2012-07-31, 09:05)bj1234 Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 23:16)mrv777 Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 08:28)e2zippo Wrote: Hey, any news on the android version?
Cheers!

+1 on this. Looking forward to having it on all my android devices. Also, I didn't see it announced anywhere but the main site seems to have been down for awhile: http://fss.cc/constellation/
I alway get:
404 Not Found

The request /constellation/ was not found on this server.

Great App though. I borrowed an iPad and tried it. Very well done. Thanks
+1 on this too. Can't wait to do at least a beta/alpha test on my android smartphone. I'm very very excited about that Big Grin

Hate to bump this but I just got an android, and miss this app, its the only one that allows control of plugins right in the app itself!

Hope it comes to android soon, just switched from apple.
So in regards to the problem I posted earlier (see below) I thought I would try connecting my ipad with constellation to my other laptop running xbmc. It connected fine and when playing something it shows what is playing at the top and shows the cd/dvd cover in the remote section. So by process of elimination there is something wrong with my machine that i want to work with this feature or the settings in windows or the xbmc again on the desired machine.

I even copied over the guisettings from the workable machine to the desired machine but again it connects but no dvd/cd case showing still.

I hope that makes sence....please help.

b7ets Wrote:
Please help & I am sorry if i am posting in the incorrect section please forgive me!

I came across this app today by mistake. I was watching a YouTube video on home automation and saw name of this mentioned.. I have no idea how I have never seen this in xbmc forums before..

BRILLIANT app..that's all I can say. Downloaded and 30 seconds later I was clicking on purchas full.

Not read through full thread so no idea if this has been mentioned before but only thing that would make this better for me is to have buttons on main bar for selecting which xbmc box I want to control..."lounge" "kitchen" etc. yes I know I can select easily from connection option but to have them on main bar would be less painfully for me kids.

Superb app though love it
Out of curiosity what does the wake on lan feature of this program do? Does it launch xbmc or simply wake your pc with xbmc on it?
Personally, I'm back! I'm having some problems with xbmc and frodo constellation, it does not send data from movies to facebook, and when the iPad and iPhone screen saver comes on the device goes into save mode.

What is the forecast of launching the new?
Can ANYONE at all help with the jsonrpc issues? I'm close to giving up Sad I've forwarded the ports on my router (9090TCP and 9777UDP) to point to my openelec box, and while HTTP works fine, the RPC just will not connect so I can't see the Now Playing details.

I just can't seem to get it to work at all.
(2012-08-10, 10:53)b7ets Wrote: So in regards to the problem I posted earlier (see below) I thought I would try connecting my ipad with constellation to my other laptop running xbmc. It connected fine and when playing something it shows what is playing at the top and shows the cd/dvd cover in the remote section. So by process of elimination there is something wrong with my machine that i want to work with this feature or the settings in windows or the xbmc again on the desired machine.

I even copied over the guisettings from the workable machine to the desired machine but again it connects but no dvd/cd case showing still.

I hope that makes sence....please help.
Can you give me a bit more information...
  • What version of iOS on your iPad?
  • What version of Constellation?
  • What Operating System on the system that worked?
  • What version of XBMC (from working system)?
  • What version of OS and XBMC from system that didn't work?
  • Do you have an 'advancedsettings.xml' for either system?

(2012-08-10, 22:31)MrTourettes Wrote: I came across this app today by mistake. I was watching a YouTube video on home automation and saw name of this mentioned.. I have no idea how I have never seen this in xbmc forums before..

BRILLIANT app..that's all I can say. Downloaded and 30 seconds later I was clicking on purchas full.

Not read through full thread so no idea if this has been mentioned before but only thing that would make this better for me is to have buttons on main bar for selecting which xbmc box I want to control..."lounge" "kitchen" etc. yes I know I can select easily from connection option but to have them on main bar would be less painfully for me kids.

Superb app though love it
I'm glad you enjoy the app... I'm unsure if they have/had plans to add a "Quick Switch" for systems on the main screen since it is pretty easy to get to in the drop down. I can see the ease in having that, but a majority of the users control a single system (yes, there's a LOT that control multiple systems, but not as many). Even if it was something that was user toggled and/or wouldn't kick in unless multiple systems are detected, I'm sure a feature like that would be more of a 'we may get around to it' type of thing (as opposed to a 'crap, 10% of our users can't get this feature to work' type of thing).

Since you're new to the thread (and a general reminder to everyone else), other than being a lead beta tester, I have no official connection to the developers, so my advice may be wrong in some cases and I do not speak for the company by any means.

(2012-08-11, 11:41)Ghostdivision Wrote: Out of curiosity what does the wake on lan feature of this program do? Does it launch xbmc or simply wake your pc with xbmc on it?
It does NOT launch XBMC, it just sends the 'magic packet' to trigger the WOL protocol for the target system (provided that system is compatible with WOL, normally via BIOS). (In short, only wakes it up)

(2012-08-11, 18:57)iorifly Wrote: Personally, I'm back! I'm having some problems with xbmc and frodo constellation, it does not send data from movies to facebook, and when the iPad and iPhone screen saver comes on the device goes into save mode.

What is the forecast of launching the new?
Which version of Pre-Frodo are you using? (I've tested with up to Aug. 9 with no real problems, haven't tried newer yet)
I hate Facebook so haven't tested those features.
I'm unsure what you reference by "save mode" normally when the devices 'screensaver' goes on, the screen turns black, therefore when you unlock the device again it should return you to the app (sometimes just the home screen).
The latest version was submitted to Apple a little while ago, so should be approved any day now... (I hate how long they take)

(2012-08-12, 03:56)simonk83 Wrote: Can ANYONE at all help with the jsonrpc issues? I'm close to giving up Sad I've forwarded the ports on my router (9090TCP and 9777UDP) to point to my openelec box, and while HTTP works fine, the RPC just will not connect so I can't see the Now Playing details.

I just can't seem to get it to work at all.
I haven't tried OpenELEC in a very long time, but I remember a friend of mine talking a week or two back about he had to forward the "Web Port" for XBMC (the one you find in the Network Settings in XBMC) as well because he had JSON issues. I don't know if it was actually relevant to his (or your) issue, but it seemed to work for him. Also, don't remember if it was recent in this thread of on the official Facebook page, there was a comment about a known issue with OpenELEC and I think they said they were waiting for the next version of that to come out before they do more changes for that system.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Is there a way to make this app to also control AppleTV as well? I hate to have to use a separate app to control AppleTV. There are a lot of time when XBMC crashes and I have to use a different app to have XBMC started again. I don't mind paying extra as in-app purchase for this feature. Thanks.
xuanvu... it can't control the AppleTV itself... just XBMC running on it. I doubt that would be added to Constellation (at least any time soon) since there are so many apps dedicated to controlling the AppleTV already and they are focused on bug fixes, tweaks, new features dedicated to the more overall users as opposed to specific hardware.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?

Can you give me a bit more information...
What version of iOS on your iPad? 5.1.1
What version of Constellation? 2.2.4
What Operating System on the system that worked? Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit
What version of XBMC (from working system)? 11.0 Eden
What version of OS and XBMC from system that didn't work? Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - 11.0 Eden
Do you have an 'advancedsettings.xml' for either system? I dont really know what this means or is so im assuming No I dont

Thank for your assistance so far.
Hello all when will the new. Version be online any date??
I would also love to see it appear on the Android platform, especially now the Android Tablets are gaining market share. There are no comparable apps for the Android yet. Would definitely buy that one.
Sorry it took a couple days (the forums don't seem to email me on responses anymore)...
(2012-08-13, 17:03)b7ets Wrote: Can you give me a bit more information...
What version of iOS on your iPad? 5.1.1
What version of Constellation? 2.2.4
What Operating System on the system that worked? Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit
What version of XBMC (from working system)? 11.0 Eden
What version of OS and XBMC from system that didn't work? Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - 11.0 Eden
Do you have an 'advancedsettings.xml' for either system? I dont really know what this means or is so im assuming No I dont

Thank for your assistance so far.
Based on the above, I have a few ideas, but mostly they boil down to a network issue (either the port is blocked, routed wrong, or in use by something else). Can you verify that the two computers are using DIFFERENT ports for XBMC (found in XBMC's Network Settings). You can have the same username/password/etc. but the port number needs to be changed... (example, on my network I have my HTPC/Server on port 85, test laptop on 86, desktop on 87). If you think it'd be easier to debug this using a normal instant messenger, you can feel free to PM which one you use along with the username and we can try to work it out that way (please do not post your IM username in the open forum, trust me, you don't want spam bots or something getting it).

(2012-08-13, 23:34)Fibre Wrote: Hello all when will the new. Version be online any date??
The newest version was submitted to Apple awhile ago... it pretty much boils down to whenever they release it (as far as I know it wasn't declined)

(2012-08-14, 14:08)taoizt Wrote: I would also love to see it appear on the Android platform, especially now the Android Tablets are gaining market share. There are no comparable apps for the Android yet. Would definitely buy that one.
This has been address MANY times already... they are actively working on the Android version but have not yet reached a stable enough version for Alpha/Beta testing.
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5