• 50(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
This thread has been quiet for a while... any progress on the drivers needed?
(2012-08-08, 21:14)juggie Wrote: This thread has been quiet for a while... any progress on the drivers needed?

I second that. I have up and running Ubuntu ALIP on Allwinner box, works decently, I can even play videos on youtube, not smooth though, but usable.
I would also like to know progress of MALI-400 / Cedar support.
Just to know if work is being done at all Smile

Cheers...
Don't get me wrong, I can be patient and let you guys work in piece, but so there is no impression only 2 people follow this thread closely: I check this thread about 3 times a day, so I too would be very happy with a status update. ;-)
Wonder if is possible to have a dedicated wiki page for Allwinner XBMC driver development. Give chipmakers and devs some guideline what need to get drivers into XBMC main line. maybe like what XBMC for android did, showing how many libraries needed to port, etc. I don't know if it helps, just some idea. So many telent devs here, a few hints sharing may get thing crack through. Great place to share here in XBMC community!
There's only three, mali, ump and opengles
Great, looks we are not too far off now. Allwinner promised tech support to the community, just wondering what kind of the communication between the parties? In forums, wiki pages. github repositories or whatever possible open way to get thing going? So far I just see the A10 Datasheet V1.0 on allwinner.com web site, which is good for IC designer, but amery's allwinner-a10-video github is still 5 month old. And I still see Allwinner missing the point to catch up the XBMC train. Allwinner, don't became a loser.
(2012-08-10, 13:18)davilla Wrote: There's only three, mali, ump and opengles

+libve (vpu decoding library)

But is not needed to get XBMC running.
Not Allwinner though, but still arm and cheap Smile so I have to ask how about AMLOGIC? Can it run XMBC with AMFFmpeg?
I decided to give up on Ubuntu as it seems no progress is made (linaro xbmc repo), but if I understood well, AMLOGIC should work fine with AMFFmpeg as HW Codec is implemented inside and XBMC can be built to use it.
However, I don't have enough knowledge to build it myself and I wonder if someone can do it and share APK so that I can test it.

Cheers...
If you followed the ARM threads include this one so far, you will know current XBMC for Android toke advantage of amlplayer specially on Amlogic SoC, it is part of the Android libraries, can not be cross platformed. XBMC team is trying to colonize the video driver to standard frameworks such as OpenMax etc, so that different chipset drivers will be accomodate in XBMC code base easily. includes the version running on Linux. After that, XBMC still requires vendor specific drivers to talk to the different chipsets, but then it will be much easier to add drivers to a cleaner code base. If this explanation make things clear to you.
@Djape, see amlplayer in android for Amlogic SoC. I guess you have not been following the news much.
so. still no news about the Allwinner communications ?
(2012-08-12, 05:16)davilla Wrote: @Djape, see amlplayer in android for Amlogic SoC. I guess you have not been following the news much.

Wow, thx davilla and rere34lm Smile

I see that "enable amlplayer in depends/xbmc/Makefile" is going to do the trick.

Cheers...
(2012-08-13, 10:44)Krankdroid Wrote: so. still no news about the Allwinner communications ?

No. The communication with Allwinner is neraly zero.
(2012-08-13, 14:20)gimli Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 10:44)Krankdroid Wrote: so. still no news about the Allwinner communications ?

No. The communication with Allwinner is neraly zero.

Guess its time for us to spam allwinner with email's again
They probably have some template answer emails ready filtering for the word xbmc, heck maybe even 'support' ...
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15