• 48(current)
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd
HD Audio bitstreaming support will depend on which XBMC build you're planning on using.

With the Windows builds then Intel, Nvidia, & ATI are all fine for HD Audio bitstreaming.

However it's a different story with the Linux & Live XBMC builds, as on these only Nvidia graphics will provide HD Audio bitstreaming for the moment. Intel should support HD Audio via it's Linux drivers however there is a bug preventing bitstreaming working for now, until this is fixed TrueHD can be decoded to LPCM and DTS-MA will be decoded via the 5.1 DTS Core track to LPCM. As for ATI, their Linux audio drivers limit audio output to compressed DD/DTS 5.1 & 2 channel LPCM so no hope of any form of HD Audio.
(2012-08-10, 11:47)jjd-uk Wrote: With the Windows builds then Intel, Nvidia, & ATI are all fine for HD Audio bitstreaming.
I wouldn't generalize it, because not all GPU's can bitstream HD audio.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi,

If anyone can help, it would be really appreciated. I've been trying all sorts of things for days now.

I can't get bitstream to work. My video is jittery and my audio is silent when I turn on the True HD track, but when in the same video I change to an AC3 track, everything is smooth and sound works.I've tried a bunch of different configurations of settings in XBMC (all the Wasapi configurations) and I also tried some EDID overrides which seem to have done nothing!

My setup is as follows:

Asrock H77 Pro 4 M
i3 2105
HMDI to TX SR606 to KDL 52 XBR4

My receiver is capable of HD audio with no issue, however, when I go to playback devices in windows 7, and I click on the properties of TX SR606, it doesn't show under compatible formats that True HD or DTS HD MA are available. It does, however, recognize that the receiver supports up to 192 kHz.

This has been driving me crazy. Do I need to buy a sound card for my HTPC, or is it software related. (I feel like its all about the handshaking between the receiver and the HTPC)

I really appreciate any help!

Thanks

(2012-08-12, 07:27)Julestop Wrote: My receiver is capable of HD audio with no issue, however, when I go to playback devices in windows 7, and I click on the properties of TX SR606, it doesn't show under compatible formats that True HD or DTS HD MA are available. It does, however, recognize that the receiver supports up to 192 kHz.
If Compatible Formats is just showing the ordinary compressed Dolby Digital & DTS formats, then that would suggest to me that you don't have the Intel Management Engine driver installed, this is needed on Intel chipsets to enable HD Audio on processor/motherboard combo's that support HD Audio.

(2012-08-10, 04:29)bluray Wrote: You should be able to bitstream with this "ASRock H77M-ITX LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard" with Intel i3. It included HDMI 1.4a, front USB 3.0 header, etc......

I've got this one too, i should be able to listen to all stuff out of the box right (It's got THX True studio too dont know if that matters though) ? I see some posts about not able to use bitstream but the first post isnt really reffering to anything related to bitstreaming ? Or has it just been editted ?
(2012-08-12, 15:13)jjd-uk Wrote: If Compatible Formats is just showing the ordinary compressed Dolby Digital & DTS formats, then that would suggest to me that you don't have the Intel Management Engine driver installed, this is needed on Intel chipsets to enable HD Audio on processor/motherboard combo's that support HD Audio.

I'll try to download and install the Intel Management software. Thanks for the help. I really hope this works!!!

(2012-08-12, 15:40)Julestop Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 15:13)jjd-uk Wrote: If Compatible Formats is just showing the ordinary compressed Dolby Digital & DTS formats, then that would suggest to me that you don't have the Intel Management Engine driver installed, this is needed on Intel chipsets to enable HD Audio on processor/motherboard combo's that support HD Audio.

I'll try to download and install the Intel Management software. Thanks for the help. I really hope this works!!!
Just in case you're not sure, this is what you need

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...F&lang=eng

(2012-08-12, 16:20)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 15:40)Julestop Wrote:

I downloaded and installed the intel management software, but it didn't work.
I think I'm going to reinstall windows and start from scratch. I feel like I've fiddled with the software too much now and it's worse than before.
Is there another OS I can use that'll work for sure with XBMC to bitstream. Otherwise, I'll just reinstall and try to just download the bare essentials.

This is insane, I opted for high end processor because I didn't want any issues.
I'm also worried its a handshake issue, but my problem lies in the 'Compatible Formats' section of 'playback device'.
(2012-08-12, 15:30)witalik Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 04:29)bluray Wrote: You should be able to bitstream with this "ASRock H77M-ITX LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard" with Intel i3. It included HDMI 1.4a, front USB 3.0 header, etc......

I've got this one too, i should be able to listen to all stuff out of the box right (It's got THX True studio too dont know if that matters though) ? I see some posts about not able to use bitstream but the first post isnt really reffering to anything related to bitstreaming ? Or has it just been editted ?
Yes, the statement is true. With proper configurations, you should be able to playback blu-ray in 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio.....

Ok so u only mean the configurations in XBMC itself ? The stuff that is described at the first post of this thread ? Or are they some kind of software/windows configurations ?
(2012-08-12, 17:27)Julestop Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 15:40)Julestop Wrote: I'll try to download and install the Intel Management software. Thanks for the help. I really hope this works!!!

I think I'm going to reinstall windows and start from scratch. I feel like I've fiddled with the software too much now and it's worse than before.
Is there another OS I can use that'll work for sure with XBMC to bitstream. Otherwise, I'll just reinstall and try to just download the bare essentials.

This is insane, I opted for high end processor because I didn't want any issues.
I'm also worried its a handshake issue, but my problem lies in the 'Compatible Formats' section of 'playback device'.
It doesn't seem that the issues are related to Windows installation.

Since you are using Intel HD3000 iGPU, you need to precisely do as below to playback blu-ray in 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio fluently-

1. Connects: HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables (set AVR to pass-thru video)
2. Install the latest Intel driver from here- Check your system for the latest updates
3. Select Intel High Definition audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound/playback
4. Select "Audio output device WASAPI: "Onkyo TX-SR606" (Intel High Definition......)" in XBMC settings/system/audio output
5. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
6. Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
7. Try to playback BD with HD audio

-If you are still having problem after you done all the above, you can try Realtek HD audio codecs "High Definition Audio Codecs".....

If you need more info on how to bitstream using XBMC, you can check out this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........
(2012-08-12, 17:50)witalik Wrote: Ok so u only mean the configurations in XBMC itself ? The stuff that is described at the first post of this thread ? Or are they some kind of software/windows configurations ?
Please see my latest reply above....

(2012-08-12, 15:40)Julestop Wrote: I'll try to download and install the Intel Management software. Thanks for the help. I really hope this works!!!

Something is wrong either in Windows or with the drivers, you mentioned mucking around with EDID overrides so this may have caused additional problems.

Windows 7 is best OS for HD Audio so you're doing the right thing in using it, so do a new clean install then:

Install drivers including the Intel Management Engine.

Make sure you select the HDMI Output as the Default playback device (with green tick), would normally expect this is be labelled with the name of your Onkyo receiver.

You should then see all the different sounds formats in Supported Formats, including the HD Audio formats.

If still not seeing the HD Audio formats in Supported Formats then take some screenshots of the Windows Sound settings and upload to somewhere like Imageshack so you can link to them on here.

(2012-08-12, 18:01)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 16:20)jjd-uk Wrote: Just in case you're not sure, this is what you need

It doesn't seem that the issues are related to Windows installation.

Since you are using Intel HD3000 iGPU, you need to precisely do as below to playback blu-ray in 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio fluently-

1. Connects: HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables (set AVR to pass-thru video)
2. Install the latest Intel driver from here- Check your system for the latest updates
3. Select Intel High Definition audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound/playback
4. Select "Audio output device WASAPI: "Onkyo TX-SR606" (Intel High Definition......)" in XBMC settings/system/audio output
5. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
6. Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
7. Try to playback BD with HD audio

-If you are still having problem after you done all the above, you can try Realtek HD audio codecs "High Definition Audio Codecs".....

If you need more info on how to bitstream using XBMC, you can check out this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........
(2012-08-12, 17:50)witalik Wrote: Ok so u only mean the configurations in XBMC itself ? The stuff that is described at the first post of this thread ? Or are they some kind of software/windows configurations ?
Please see my latest reply above....

(2012-08-12, 19:24)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 16:20)jjd-uk Wrote: Just in case you're not sure, this is what you need

Something is wrong either in Windows or with the drivers, you mentioned mucking around with EDID overrides so this may have caused additional problems.

Windows 7 is best OS for HD Audio so you're doing the right thing in using it, so do a new clean install then:

Install drivers including the Intel Management Engine.

Make sure you select the HDMI Output as the Default playback device (with green tick), would normally expect this is be labelled with the name of your Onkyo receiver.

You should then see all the different sounds formats in Supported Formats, including the HD Audio formats.

If still not seeing the HD Audio formats in Supported Formats then take some screenshots of the Windows Sound settings and upload to somewhere like Imageshack so you can link to them on here.

Thanks for the reply!!! much appreciated!

I will try to do this tonight or tomorrow (unfortunately, it's a little busy at work) and I'll let you know my results either way.

I really appreciate it. Thanks
Hey Everyone, I just got HD audio to work. I reinstalled windows on a SSD I just purchased. And made sure to disable auto updates. then hit up the intel website and installed the managemnt software and the HD3000 driver. It's all good now.

Thanks for the help!!!
Hi, I'm about to start installing drivers for my new build htpc
Mobo:Asrock z77e Itx
Cpu : i3 2105
4 Gb ram
Is there any particalar driver that causes issues with getting hdd bitstreaming?.... I.e: should I go direct to the asrock update site?, or whatever

Cheers
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd7