• 51(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-08-13, 14:20)gimli Wrote: No. The communication with Allwinner is neraly zero.

Well, it's their loss then.
OK, I guess I still can use my mele box as a media server then, but I will not put money on A10 box any more. I think AllWinner has no idea what they are missing.
No A10 for me so.
Will buy a Pivos and then probably an OUYA.
(2012-08-13, 14:20)gimli Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 10:44)Krankdroid Wrote: so. still no news about the Allwinner communications ?

No. The communication with Allwinner is neraly zero.

Well Allwinner should be long working on A10 reeplacement by now, i dont think they care much about it...
According to Eva from Allwinner "Yes. We are still discussing with Gimli for a solution. "
Just received an additional message:

"Gimli and Peter will receive a new version of libVE within today so that you can move on. Allwinner is redeveloping the cedarX by following OPENMAX too and will share with the community once available.

Best regards,
Eva"
Is that hope i smell?
I think they are loosing market to opensource devices like the OUYA that is boosting a Tegra 3, for the same price.. So they have to step up. or rather step down and hand over a reason to get A10 devices now.
Someone on Google+ has announced this. "A tracing wrapper for video players that use the CedarX video decoding chip on Allwinner A10 devices"

https://plus.google.com/u/0/104411502518...ciMRdFqnu2
What a turnaround this is starting to be... Undecided

On a semi-related note for the European members: iBood is offering the MK802+ on it's website for 69,95 + 5,95 €
http://www.ibood.com and select your country. Only for today, because iBood is a deal-of-the-day website.
To me it looks like "we done something but we are not going to do more, so if not enoght too bad", lets hope is enoght.
(2012-08-14, 20:39)Shivansps Wrote: To me it looks like "we done something but we are not going to do more, so if not enoght too bad", lets hope is enoght.

Based on what info are you saying this?
"To me it looks like" that means its a feeling. Maybe i did not spell it right, im not very good at english.
(2012-08-14, 21:46)Shivansps Wrote: "To me it looks like" that means its a feeling. Maybe i did not spell it right, im not very good at english.

Ahn, so you meant: "To me it feels like".

In my opinion, Allwinner has already done more then most large companies (Samsung, LG, ...) would. I'm very curious how the above mentioned files will turn out. Really hope XBMC on my Mele A2000 will be possible. It's a great piece of hardware for an awesome price.
(2012-08-15, 00:40)Nu7s Wrote: In my opinion, Allwinner has already done more then most large companies (Samsung, LG, ...) would. I'm very curious how the above mentioned files will turn out. Really hope XBMC on my Mele A2000 will be possible. It's a great piece of hardware for an awesome price.

Why would you say Allwinner has done more? they havent been doing much, there is already 2 tv top android devices that is getting full support between the XBMC team and the chip manufacuter, the Ouya and Pivos. Now I just want to point out that the Ouya is boosting a Tegra 3 quad core for $99..

• 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15