• 7(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
(2012-08-09, 15:22)armyofme Wrote: Spot on...for 1 and 2 :-) THANK YOU! It was the port access. Sadly I still have the same problem mentioned earlier.

Three tracks have just played and then stopped despite six more tracks to follow. When I unlocked the screen Music Pump was still open and linked to the server, strange.

There are several potential problems:
- The connection to the notification port times out or xbmc closes the connection after a while
- The wifi connection turns off during screen lock => notification port closes but app is still running.
- The app may get killed in the background after a while which will prevent the app from playing the next track
- XBMC may not send all notifications

I hope to figure out the problem which is a bit tricky since it takes some time to reproduce it...
Thanks for looking into this...I've had to go back the Official one which incidentally plays all tracks fine...but it isn't half as good! I appreciate your hard work :-)
Tonight I have been using my Tablet continiously and there have been no issues with playback so like you've said it is related to the device going to 'sleep'.I wonder how the official app avoids this issue?
(2012-08-09, 22:10)armyofme Wrote: Tonight I have been using my Tablet continiously and there have been no issues with playback so like you've said it is related to the device going to 'sleep'.I wonder how the official app avoids this issue?

Well the answer is easy. The official app and probably every other xbmc remote queues up all songs in the playqueue on xbmc. Therefore if the app disconnects music playback still goes on. In my app the play queue is managed on the android device, which makes it easier to manage the playqueue and switch output between sound output on android and xbmc and I don't need to poll xbmc for the current state every second

Ahh I guessed there would be a reason like that...and that is one of the reasons this app is so much better in my opinion...the ability to change your track list on the go. Well I hope you can find a work around, love this app! Let me know if you need me to test anything.
I just uploaded a new version to google play. It will be available in a couple of minutes or hours

- Fixed crashes with current nightly builds which where introduced with a recent change in json-rpc
- Fixed playlist downloading from "now playing" screen
- Added a button in Movie details to open the Movie details in the android IMDb app or if it is not available in a browser window.
Getting better with every release - thanks for your efforts.

Also, for your ref, my tablet recently received an update (just a minor one, was already running ICS), which looks to have addressed the wi-fi sleep issue, and playback is seamless Cool
(2012-08-12, 07:00)aldredd Wrote: Also, for your ref, my tablet recently received an update (just a minor one, was already running ICS), which looks to have addressed the wi-fi sleep issue, and playback is seamless Cool
Do you think my intermittent playback could be related to having an earlier OS? (Honeycomb)

I don't think it's the OS as such, but how the manufacturer has implemented it.

On my tablet, its setup when the screen goes off, the wi-fi goes off also - so as to conserve battery.

There's an option to disable this feature (so it stays on), but this never worked, both with HC & ICS.

Instead, I used an app which was able to delay the wi-fi off for 10mins - and after that, playback would stop (as there was no longer available)

However, an update a few days ago seems to have fixed the wi-fi off function, so seems to stay on regardless now, even if the screen is off.

(of course, I could be mistaken and it's something that has been changed in the app, but the wifi was a known issue with this tablet, which appears to no longer occur)
Thanks for letting me know that it works better after the ICS update.

The app actually acquires a WIFI Lock and and a WAKE Lock to prevent the cpu and the wifi from going to sleep therefore in theory you don't have to configure your wifi to stay always on. It should do the same thing as the app you used.
I have discovered that in Honeycomb and ICS a new WIFI Lock mode was introduced especially made for streaming purposes. I have enabled this in my development build and will try this out a couple of days to see if the connection is more stable than using the normal wifi lock which existed in pre honeycomb.

(2012-08-12, 19:20)Millencolin007 Wrote: I have enabled this in my development build and will try this out a couple of days to see if the connection is more stable than using the normal wifi lock which existed in pre honeycomb.

Great! I'm sure you'll work it out :-)
There is an update in the play store.

- Made some changes to prevent music playback from stopping
- play/pause buttons in the notification bar for ICS and Jelly Bean
- Added movie and tv show images in now playing screen
- Fixed some force closes
Great work! I've always wanted to be able to stream music to different zones in my home. This has solved my problem. I actually just finished writing about it on my blog. You can check it out here:

http://www.insanehtpc.com/2012/08/18/how...lay-style/

Keep up the great work!
Wow! App of the year man! Seriously amazing work.

Within 30 seconds of reading this thread I am streaming music to my phone. Works so perfectly. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, I realized I don't even have my WIFI turned on. I always enter in my xbmc box with its dyndns address, and it just worked, first try.

Streaming quality and consistency is perfect over 4G.

How much harder is to to get it to stream video?
(2012-08-19, 05:10)vinistois Wrote: Wow! App of the year man! Seriously amazing work.

Within 30 seconds of reading this thread I am streaming music to my phone. Works so perfectly. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, I realized I don't even have my WIFI turned on. I always enter in my xbmc box with its dyndns address, and it just worked, first try.

Streaming quality and consistency is perfect over 4G.

How much harder is to to get it to stream video?

The problem with video (and audio as well) is that the stream which is returned by xbmc is not seekable and does not play at all or only a couple of seconds on android media players.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7