• 7(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
Then you may post a debug log and I will have a look at it and tell you if there's something wrong with the addon or not, and fix it if it is.
One question, is this service works only when we add music, movies or tv shows, during that XBMC is open?

Because, after added a movie on my NAS, I start my HTPC, and nothing happen.

But after launch cdart Manager, one new folder.jpg was added to my music library, and automaticaly, library watchdog start on the music library...

Thanks in advance.
(2012-08-23, 18:50)Hellnino18 Wrote: One question, is this service works only when we add music, movies or tv shows, during that XBMC is open?

But after launch cdart Manager, one new folder.jpg was added to my music library, and automaticaly, library watchdog start on the music library...

Thanks in advance.

It's an xbmc addon, so yes, it can't detect files when it isn't running. If you want xbmc to update library on startup, there is a setting for that.
(2012-08-23, 19:26)takoi Wrote:
(2012-08-23, 18:50)Hellnino18 Wrote: One question, is this service works only when we add music, movies or tv shows, during that XBMC is open?

Thanks in advance.

It's an xbmc addon, so yes, it can't detect files when it isn't running. If you want xbmc to update library on startup, there is a setting for that.

Ok thanks, I thought that it could know at startup that there are new files. Thanks for your response Wink
Maybe this has already been asked or covered, but I'll ask anyway. Is this set to scan even while playing media, such as watching a video?

Also, thanks for adding the multipath support, works wonderfully!
(2012-08-25, 00:33)westdonkeykong Wrote: Maybe this has already been asked or covered, but I'll ask anyway. Is this set to scan even while playing media, such as watching a video?
It doesn't do any checks for what xbmc is doing, so yes. I don't really copy files while I'm watching a movie so I never bothered with it. Why, is it causing problems for you?
(2012-08-25, 17:18)takoi Wrote:
(2012-08-25, 00:33)westdonkeykong Wrote: Maybe this has already been asked or covered, but I'll ask anyway. Is this set to scan even while playing media, such as watching a video?
It doesn't do any checks for what xbmc is doing, so yes. I don't really copy files while I'm watching a movie so I never bothered with it. Why, is it causing problems for you?

I have a lot of downloads set to watch RSS feeds, and so things happen in the background without me doing anything. With Library Watchdog enabled, it seems that XBMC occasionally locks up after a download has been completed, and the file moved to an XMBC source.

I had a similar issue with the XBMC Library Auto Update addon, which would scan every few hours. (Occasionally during video playback.) Fortunately, it had a setting to disable these scans during playback. I guess the issue you may have with adding such a setting would be how to run the scan after playback is complete if Watchdog notices a new file has been added during playback.
hi, maybe i'm doing something wrong. from what i understand, this is supposed to clean titles out of my library that aren't there any more. I loaded it, enabled it and closed out of xbmc, deleted a couple of movies that i watched this weekend and when i go back into xbmc,it hasn't deleted them, is this not what it is supposed to do?

oh and can someone explain the below. I have my library look at my wifes computer for some movies, i assume I have to do this procedure below to make it work with watchdog.

how to use Library Watchdog with network shares

Mount the share manually to a local directory.
Set this directory as the media source in XBMC.
Goto Settings > Add-ons > Enabled add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Services >
Library watchdog > Configure. Set 'Method' to 'Polling'.
Restart XBMC.
(2012-09-03, 21:54)robl45 Wrote: hi, maybe i'm doing something wrong. from what i understand, this is supposed to clean titles out of my library that aren't there any more. I loaded it, enabled it and closed out of xbmc, deleted a couple of movies that i watched this weekend and when i go back into xbmc,it hasn't deleted them, is this not what it is supposed to do?
As I mentioned previously, this addon just reacts on event, which means xbmc and the addon have to be running for changes to be detected. If you want to update on startup, there is a setting for that.
The startup update only adds, doesn't delete, that's what I thought this would do
I wonder if it is possible to have a delay of the update? I like that it updates automagically when i change a filename. But if i change a lot of filenames it triggers several updates. That don't seem necessary. And with that notification window popping up it is also a little annoying. It would be great if the updates is triggered like maybe 10-15 seconds after the last filechange?

Also, would be nice if the notification window is not shown.
(2012-09-05, 20:45)raptorjr Wrote: I wonder if it is possible to have a delay of the update? I like that it updates automagically when i change a filename. But if i change a lot of filenames it triggers several updates. That don't seem necessary. And with that notification window popping up it is also a little annoying. It would be great if the updates is triggered like maybe 10-15 seconds after the last filechange?

Also, would be nice if the notification window is not shown.

I can add the delay to settings since it already does depend on such delay. Actually, in a older version there was a setting for it, but I removed because i didn't think anyone would need it. As for the notification pop-up: nothing I can do about it. It's forced by xbmc. I guess you could report on trac, if no one has already..
new in version 0.6.3
- added setting for delaying updates
- no longer scans/cleans during playback
Thank you, really nice.
does it still only delete if xbmc is running?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4