• 45(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
(2012-08-25, 17:51)crawl Wrote:
(2012-08-25, 06:08)contagius Wrote: Does this work for ATV1?

No it does not.

Is there a place i can get one with instructions? The only one I found is too old and the mirror is dead.
Dude, seriously, the addon is failing installation from the repo.

Had to re-install my whole setup with Ubuntu12.04, running xbmc-xbva from the pvr branch, version 12.0-ALPHA4 Compiled Jul 27 2012.

It worked fine with my previous install (drive got hosed, so had to re-do everything). Free Cable is working great though. FreeCable does install and run, HULU does not.

It kinda installs and marks it as enabled, but not really because clicking on it does nothing and trying to configure shows 'this addon has no options to configure'. When I uninstall and re-install, a couple of times it showed the configure options, but the script would not run and throw an addon script error. Most of the time upon re-install, it just marks it as enabled but does nothing, does not throw errors either.

Already tried: refreshing the repo, re-installing the repo, updating the repo, removing the .zip for the hulu plug-in from disc.
Please enable XBMC debug log (wiki)ging, launch the Hulu add-on and, when it returns an error, locate your debug log (wiki) file, upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL link to the uploaded log here with your reply.
http://pastebin.com/VTbtmLbF

No errors on the gui, but addon still not launching.
For the most part the plugin is working great (use many of Blues other addons as well and they are all fantastic). Only thing I can't get working is the library stuff. I've enabled the option, using default folder since it didn't seem to like using a network/SMB path. The folders are created and added to the source list. I can play fine if I go through Video>Files and select something. If I try to right click and set content, nothing seems to happen. I set as TV and it starts to update and finishes immediately without doing anything. If I go to set content again, it still shows the default/None settings like it didn't save. If I look in the DB, the folder is in the Path table so it does seem to add, but nothing is happening.
Latest XBMC Eden Stable for Windows
MySQL shared database

This is what shows up in the logs, but again when I check the DB the record for the folder does get added, so I'm not sure whats going on:
Code:
22:44:04 T:3680   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
                                            Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\portable_data\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.hulu\\TV\\','','')
22:44:04 T:3680   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\portable_data\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.hulu\\TV\\','',''))
22:44:04 T:3740  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
22:44:04 T:3740  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
This is most likely because there is a module needed by the hulu addon called script.module.crypto or something like that which is located outside the repo that is not available. Keep trying or wait till it becomes available, or you could install it manually:

http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/addons...-1.2.6.zip

Download and install that as an addon

(2012-08-26, 09:19)peter_toyota Wrote: Dude, seriously, the addon is failing installation from the repo.

Had to re-install my whole setup with Ubuntu12.04, running xbmc-xbva from the pvr branch, version 12.0-ALPHA4 Compiled Jul 27 2012.

It worked fine with my previous install (drive got hosed, so had to re-do everything). Free Cable is working great though. FreeCable does install and run, HULU does not.

It kinda installs and marks it as enabled, but not really because clicking on it does nothing and trying to configure shows 'this addon has no options to configure'. When I uninstall and re-install, a couple of times it showed the configure options, but the script would not run and throw an addon script error. Most of the time upon re-install, it just marks it as enabled but does nothing, does not throw errors either.

Already tried: refreshing the repo, re-installing the repo, updating the repo, removing the .zip for the hulu plug-in from disc.

I'm seeing something strange on Pivos/Linux/ARM after I brought in libtrmp head and fixed amlplayer to handle playlists. It looks like a race somewhere. Sometimes, you select an item, it cranks up, plays the 1st segment (typically a short commercial), then stops. And other times it sequences correctly.

There's nothing in xbmc.log to indicate why it works sometimes, other times not.

Any thoughts ?
Right on!
I saw that bit on the log, but until you made the suggestion, I did not realize that the .zip file being curl'd fails because on the online directory itself has been unzipped, ergo no .zip anymore.

Will try your zipped copy and post results.

(2012-08-27, 16:19)phish73 Wrote: This is most likely because there is a module needed by the hulu addon called script.module.crypto or something like that which is located outside the repo that is not available. Keep trying or wait till it becomes available, or you could install it manually:

(2012-08-27, 04:47)thetakerfan Wrote: For the most part the plugin is working great (use many of Blues other addons as well and they are all fantastic). Only thing I can't get working is the library stuff. I've enabled the option, using default folder since it didn't seem to like using a network/SMB path. The folders are created and added to the source list. I can play fine if I go through Video>Files and select something. If I try to right click and set content, nothing seems to happen. I set as TV and it starts to update and finishes immediately without doing anything. If I go to set content again, it still shows the default/None settings like it didn't save. If I look in the DB, the folder is in the Path table so it does seem to add, but nothing is happening.
MySQL shared database

This is what shows up in the logs, but again when I check the DB the record for the folder does get added, so I'm not sure whats going on:
Code:
                                            Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\portable_data\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.hulu\\TV\\','','')
22:44:04 T:3680   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\portable_data\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.hulu\\TV\\','',''))
22:44:04 T:3740  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
This is because you're using mysql for a directory that has \ in it. MySQL can't handle those without escaping them. My solution has always been to have the directory be on a server, where you have forward slashes.

Stephen Andrew Designs
http://www.stephenandrewdesigns.com
(2012-08-27, 16:52)davilla Wrote: I'm seeing something strange on Pivos/Linux/ARM after I brought in libtrmp head and fixed amlplayer to handle playlists. It looks like a race somewhere. Sometimes, you select an item, it cranks up, plays the 1st segment (typically a short commercial), then stops. And other times it sequences correctly.

There's nothing in xbmc.log to indicate why it works sometimes, other times not.

Any thoughts ?

this symptom is what has been seen by a myriad of situations.
- try switching the CDN in your settings.
- most people (from the way it seems) have been just disabling the commercials
- there's another librtmp that's been floating around this forum -- but since you're on linux, don't see how that can help. it's been helping the iOS community.
- also, check your now playing queue. i have found (in the past) that the show gets stuck in the queue, but then gets kicked out, and doesn't play.

oh, yeah... I'm gonna need to see a log. Cool
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2012-08-25, 20:19)contagius Wrote:
(2012-08-25, 17:51)crawl Wrote:
(2012-08-25, 06:08)contagius Wrote: Does this work for ATV1?

No it does not.

Is there a place i can get one with instructions? The only one I found is too old and the mirror is dead.

Are you running crystalbuntu on the ATV1? Or just the normal OS X?
(2012-08-27, 19:55)crawl Wrote:
(2012-08-25, 20:19)contagius Wrote:
(2012-08-25, 17:51)crawl Wrote: No it does not.

Are you running crystalbuntu on the ATV1? Or just the normal OS X?

I used Atvusb-creator. Not sure if that is crystal Ubuntu or not but I do have xbmc installed
(2012-08-27, 19:43)locomot1f Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 16:52)davilla Wrote: I'm seeing something strange on Pivos/Linux/ARM after I brought in libtrmp head and fixed amlplayer to handle playlists. It looks like a race somewhere. Sometimes, you select an item, it cranks up, plays the 1st segment (typically a short commercial), then stops. And other times it sequences correctly.

Any thoughts ?

this symptom is what has been seen by a myriad of situations.
- try switching the CDN in your settings.
- most people (from the way it seems) have been just disabling the commercials
- there's another librtmp that's been floating around this forum -- but since you're on linux, don't see how that can help. it's been helping the iOS community.
- also, check your now playing queue. i have found (in the past) that the show gets stuck in the queue, but then gets kicked out, and doesn't play.

oh, yeah... I'm gonna need to see a log. Cool

xbmc.log Smile what's that ? HAHAHAHA

Anyway, I did the following and it seems to 'fix' this issue.

Uncheck "Network Pre-roll".
Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".

Your suggestion worked.
Thanks for the tip! I was able to complete the Hulu addon install sucessfully.

(2012-08-27, 17:05)peter_toyota Wrote: Right on!
I saw that bit on the log, but until you made the suggestion, I did not realize that the .zip file being curl'd fails because on the online directory itself has been unzipped, ergo no .zip anymore.

Will try your zipped copy and post results.

(2012-08-27, 16:19)phish73 Wrote: This is most likely because there is a module needed by the hulu addon called script.module.crypto or something like that which is located outside the repo that is not available. Keep trying or wait till it becomes available, or you could install it manually:

(2012-08-27, 19:20)sdaconceicao Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 04:47)thetakerfan Wrote: For the most part the plugin is working great (use many of Blues other addons as well and they are all fantastic). Only thing I can't get working is the library stuff. I've enabled the option, using default folder since it didn't seem to like using a network/SMB path. The folders are created and added to the source list. I can play fine if I go through Video>Files and select something. If I try to right click and set content, nothing seems to happen. I set as TV and it starts to update and finishes immediately without doing anything. If I go to set content again, it still shows the default/None settings like it didn't save. If I look in the DB, the folder is in the Path table so it does seem to add, but nothing is happening.
MySQL shared database

Code:
This is because you're using mysql for a directory that has \ in it. MySQL can't handle those without escaping them. My solution has always been to have the directory be on a server, where you have forward slashes.

The logs show double slashes so it is escaped, and if I delete the entry in the DB and copy paste the command from the log, it also adds it fine without error. How did you get it to work on a server? When I tried using a SMB location it wouldn't add at all. I will try that again and post what the log gave there as I dont remember

Edit: Here is what I get when I try to use a SMB path for the library folder (Note that all my other video sources are also SMB paths and work fine)
Code:
18:23:43 T:7700   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
18:23:43 T:7700   ERROR: Error Contents: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: 'smb:'
18:23:43 T:7700   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 35, in modes
                                                xbmclibrary.Main()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 45, in __init__
                                                self.CreateDirectory(MOVIE_PATH)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 96, in CreateDirectory
                                                os.makedirs(dir_path)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\os.py", line 150, in makedirs
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\os.py", line 157, in makedirs
                                                mkdir(name, mode)
                                            WindowsError: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: 'smb:'

Edit 2: I tried deleting the sources from the sources.xml and manually adding one that pointed to the network share as the others as well as manually adding the database to point to the smb dir like all the others. This seems to have worked so far.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17