• 32(current)
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online
(2012-04-17, 03:01)ThaDraGun Wrote: Where did you find it? I dont see it anywhere.

It's just a few pages back.

Hello ,

after hours of search and playing around i manually installed the plugin and then put my e-mail address and password to in XBMC and the kept XBMC running but still my movie collections wont show up ... i was not able to find the plugin under xbmc default skin

only way i was able to find the plugin was by going to ftp page of xmbc
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/addons/dharma/

I am not sure what is wrong with this setup ...

Please advise

Thank you
Hello,

I found this plugin for xbmc media center http://sharethe.tv/
The cool thing about them is they can provide you with a page delectaed to you only

Once sign in the website will display a message
Congratulations, your account has been created! Your next step is to send your first library update from a media centre.

My page: http://sharethe.tv/airbander

that all cool but here is the problem:

I cant find the plugin under XBMC Huh

so i google it and found a work around
i was able to get the plugin from
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/addons/dharma/

I went to C drive program files xbmc and then drop the plugin into it because xbmc did not install from zip nor i was able to find it from xbmc search

i added my user name and password but after running xbmc for 2 days still i am not able to see my media collections

Advise please

Thank you
Once you download.the zip file (say to your desktop), you need to boot up XBMC and go to System>Settings>Addons>Install from Zip (This is the path on the default Confluence Skin). After it is installed you can find it listed in the Programs Menu if needed. Don't forget to sign on (register) at the site so it'll be ready to receive your database.

Looks like i needs a tweak for Eden. "autorun" is wonky .. so just click on it (sharethetv) in the programs menu to force an update when required.

My page is http://sharethe.tv/avront
Hello,

I did all that but agin it did not work
http://sharethe.tv/airbander

Thank you
Hi,

Is ShareThe.TV still working these days? I sign up on the website, installed the add-on on my 11.0 XBMC, configure it with email and password, even turned off and on XBMC several times, but seems to not be working. Sadly.

It doesn't update anything, and nothing shows up on my ShareThe.TV personal website.

Inside XBMC, while on the add-on information screen, the 'update' text is always in red and i'm not able to click on it. I've check many times that the login info is ok (web and XBMC). I have no idea what's going on, anyone wiser than myself has any answers?

Thanks.
Hello,

Try Trakt or follow it they work great and i have no problems getting my media collections

Good luck
Thanks jaclynee, I'll give it a try once i get home. I already signed up and checked it from my mobile phone. At first it seems that ShareThe.TV is a better fit for what I want, since I'm not interested in tracking or sharing, only checking the films that I have while away from my computer.

I'm still interested in getting to work ShareThe.TV, so any help would be much appreciated. It's better the pick the right add-on with all the them working.

Anyway, as i said, I'll check it back home. Thanks.
Hello,

Same here i tried for 2 or 3 days to get ShareThe.TV working i wanted just a list of my media collections i care less about rest of the stuff i am still considering to make my own website to add my list to it

Anyway let me know how it goes in your end
Suddenly ShareThe.TV is working for me! What a nice surprise.

After registering to trakt maybe it got jealous Smile I added the Add-ons menu to the XBMC main screen (which i disabled many time ago), enter there, and click the ShareThe.TV plug-in (it was already installed and logged in since days ago). I have no idea if that did the trick of if it was just something related to their website. Anyways, just in case it helps, but as i said, it's probably a coincidence.

Now my question is, is there any android app, either official or third party, where i can check my database from? Anyone knows?

I really like how ShareThe.TV looks, and it does exactly what I need. No extended options that are useless for me.
Solution to not connecting to Sharethe.TV server / just not working (for those who didn't see the notification)

Hi guys, I did a quick install of my sharetv on Eden (the repository isn't in eden, will need to download the zip and then install add-on from zip). After which I followed the rest of the install guide and thought it would start syncing... it didn't. Researched a bit more and a bunch of you guys had the same issue. Couldn't even get it to sync manually by double clicking on the add-on. It would give me "could not connect to server" type message (windows firewall turned off).

Anyway, simple solution. Disable automatic sync in the add-on config screen. You can then sync manually.

Hope this helps. (perhaps the dev could add this in the faq?)
My first sync worked fine. I added some new movies and went to sync again and got this error and here is the log result

Sharethe.tv Unexpected Error

20:35:58 T:2978488320 NOTICE: ShareThe.TV: Movie count: 227
20:36:12 T:2967769088 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn

Any Ideas?
I am having the same problem. It has been working fine until a few days ago.

Sharethe.tv Unexpected Error

Yep, I'm also having the same problem

Can someone please look into thisHuh?

Thanks in advance
(2012-09-03, 10:55)ady199 Wrote: Yep, I'm also having the same problem

Can someone please look into thisHuh?

Thanks in advance

I don't think anyone is home. Lol.

Sent the dev an email, no response. Abandoned project IMHO.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online7