• 33(current)
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online
This also happens to me.

I setup debugging and, after looking at the source code, have put a minimal repro (below) script in python (removed my email and password):

Code:
import urllib
import urllib2

__apiurl__ = 'http://sharethe.tv/api/'

params = "<user>"
params += "  <version>1.1.0</version>"
params += "  <email>(removed)</email>"
params += "  <password>(removed)</password>"
params += "  <movies>"
params += "    <movie>"
params += "      <imdb>tt1601913</imdb>"
params += "      <title>The Grey</title>"
params += "      <year>2012</year>"
params += "    </movie>"
params += "  </movies>"
params += "</user>"

req = urllib2.Request(url=__apiurl__, data=params, headers={'Content-Type': 'application/xml'})
try:
                response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
except urllib2.URLError, e:
                try:
                               if e.code == 202:
                                               print "Library update sent."
                               elif e.code == 204:
                                               print "Empty movie library so not sending update."
                               elif e.code == 401:
                                               print "Authentication failed."
                               elif e.code == 403:
                                               print "Please update your addon before submitting."
                               else:
                                   print "Unexpected error."
                except AttributeError:
                               print "Unable to contact server but try again soon."

Sure enough, this prints "Unexpected error." which is the message shown in the Apple TV.

After changing the line:

Code:
print "Unexpected error."

to:

Code:
print e

I get the following output:

Quote:HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

Something went wrong on the server while serving the request.

I installed HTTPScoop and got the following full response:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <title>We're sorry, but something went wrong (500)</title>
  <style type="text/css">
    body { background-color: #fff; color: #666; text-align: center; font-family: arial, sans-serif; }
    div.dialog {
      width: 25em;
      padding: 0 4em;
      margin: 4em auto 0 auto;
      border: 1px solid #ccc;
      border-right-color: #999;
      border-bottom-color: #999;
    }
    h1 { font-size: 100%; color: #f00; line-height: 1.5em; }
  </style>
</head>

<body>
  <!-- This file lives in public/500.html -->
  <div class="dialog">
    <h1>We're sorry, but something went wrong.</h1>
    <p>We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.</p>
  </div>
</body>
</html>

So, this appears something that should be fixed on the server. Unless it has something to do with the data passed into it. If the password is wrong the line:

Code:
print "Authentication failed."

is executed correctly. So the server is doing something correct. It fails when the checks pass.
Is there an alternative program that does the same thing or something similar? I really find having my collection list at my fingertips handy.
(2012-09-05, 07:35)freezon Wrote: Is there an alternative program that does the same thing or something similar? I really find having my collection list at my fingertips handy.

Have you tried trakt.tv ?
(2012-09-05, 09:28)eluSive_NZ Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 07:35)freezon Wrote: Is there an alternative program that does the same thing or something similar? I really find having my collection list at my fingertips handy.

Have you tried trakt.tv ?

I have installed service addon trakt.tv (and configured credentials) but my library is not updated with my movies on the site. Not even a single movie is there. I had the impression that this addon is to show what you are watching, not what movies I have.

What I am doing wrong?
(2012-09-05, 10:10)imjorge Wrote: I have installed service addon trakt.tv (and configured credentials) but my library is not updated with my movies on the site. Not even a single movie is there. I had the impression that this addon is to show what you are watching, not what movies I have.

What I am doing wrong?

There are 2 trakt.tv addons. You want the trakt utilities (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98582) as this allows the library sync. You need to download and manually install the zip file to enable this add on.
Once you have this there are a lot more options available.

Hope this helps.
(2012-09-06, 01:50)eluSive_NZ Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 10:10)imjorge Wrote: I have installed service addon trakt.tv (and configured credentials) but my library is not updated with my movies on the site. Not even a single movie is there. I had the impression that this addon is to show what you are watching, not what movies I have.

What I am doing wrong?

There are 2 trakt.tv addons. You want the trakt utilities (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98582) as this allows the library sync. You need to download and manually install the zip file to enable this add on.
Once you have this there are a lot more options available.

Hope this helps.

Ah, I did not know about that. I will check it out when I get home. Thank you very much!
I had this installed on the previous Dharma and it worked great. I cant find it in Eden... Can anyone lend a hand?
Hi All ,

I just upgraded to EDEN, after a long time ... and the first thing I did was to try to find my fav plugin sharethe.tv and I was so very disappointed that there is no support for EDEN ..... I am specially posting here to request native support for EDEN. I LOVED sharethe.tv .......

@eluSive_NZ I will give try to trakt.tv as well and would report ...... but I seriously wish shatethe.tv worked with EDEN as well

PS :: My sig still is showing the OLD xbmc with old sharethe.tv data ...... eager to update my sig with latest EDEN and sharethe.tv ....
XBMC Client:OS: WIN7 64-Bit CPU: [email protected] GhzGPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440
XBMC Version: 11 EDEN Skin: NEON
NAS Server:OS: Unraid Plus CPU: AMD Athalon X2 3Ghz
Storage: 5 TB
^^ UPDATE :::: It works!!

I can see my collection on trakt.tv site ..... cool .... now if it just also has that widget like sharethe.tv which shows recently added movies in your sig ..... it would be perfect .....

Also I am still searching the link on trakt to share my movies among others .....
XBMC Client:OS: WIN7 64-Bit CPU: [email protected] GhzGPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440
^^ Update 2 :::::

I did find a PHP based sig that would update, what I am watching/have recently watched (like it shows in ,y sig) ....... but I am also looking something that would show my collection/recently added movies ........ anyway I am searching ....

PS :: Updated the sig .. Smile
Can any kind person look into the errors?? - I've emailed support (link shown on the ShareThe.TV) website but have had no reply.

AnyoneHuh

Thanks in advance
And a year later Big Grin

With frodo and all this addon uses a completely deprecated api for grabbing the movie list from xbmc library. If some one could help me out on the python part and update that to the new jsonrpc api, I can easyly recreate something simular to sharethe.tv on my own website for shits and gigles. Big Grin

track.tv seems very bloated for my likes and i still want a super simple movie listing of my library online.
AnyoneHuhHuh?

Thanks in advance
Hi guys,

Owner here. There's two main issues with the site which I've put off looking at due to personal reasons for the last year:

1) The host I use locked down the database until I upgrade to a more expensive plan. I've been reluctant to do this because I've already spent hundreds of dollars on it, just as a personal project.

2) The API changes as doc776 mentioned above. That's going to take some work. The last time I looked into using the new API there was a memory leak, I hope that's been fixed since.

I don't want to make any promises guys, but I do feel like working on this over the holidays. I'll start by getting the databases working again so people can update/sign up. Then I'll address a new plugin version. I might put up a Paypal donation button to help with costs.

If anyone has design experience and some free time, please message me.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online7