• 63(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
They do ship to my country (Belgium), but with shipment and import duties the total cost would be too high.
(2012-09-04, 15:43)Speedst3r Wrote: Fortunately in Australia you can import up to the value of AUD$1000 before Customs collects tax and duty on your items.

Bleh Tongue Some people are very lucky!
[Edit: unintentional repost]
Somethings happening...
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...px=MTE3NTM
(2012-09-05, 15:44)irrs Wrote: Somethings happening...
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...px=MTE3NTM

no update for a few months Wink
oh, my misunderstanding.
I'm sorry if I'm completely off-base on this but... I'm gonna put this out there anyway:

The MK802 uses the Mali-400 graphics chip and so does the Pivos XIOS DS.
if the XIOS has hardware acceleration for XBMC under Android, does that mean hardware acceleration is within the realm of possibility for the MK802?
(2012-09-06, 02:04)sp00k001 Wrote: I'm sorry if I'm completely off-base on this but... I'm gonna put this out there anyway:

if the XIOS has hardware acceleration for XBMC under Android, does that mean hardware acceleration is within the realm of possibility for the MK802?

No. This has been covered already in this thread. The Mali is just the display output. Hardware decoding is performed in a Video Processing Unit (VPU) which differs depending on which SoC is used. So the AmLogic 8726-M1 in the XIOS has a different VPU to the AllWinner A10 in the MK802, meaning no hardware acceleration natively on the MK802 at this time.

AllWinner may be assisting the developers make this a possibility but it is all behind closed doors at the moment.
(2012-09-06, 02:10)Speedst3r Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 02:04)sp00k001 Wrote: I'm sorry if I'm completely off-base on this but... I'm gonna put this out there anyway:

No. This has been covered already in this thread. The Mali is just the display output. Hardware decoding is performed in a Video Processing Unit (VPU) which differs depending on which SoC is used. So the AmLogic 8726-M1 in the XIOS has a different VPU to the AllWinner A10 in the MK802, meaning no hardware acceleration natively on the MK802 at this time.

AllWinner may be assisting the developers make this a possibility but it is all behind closed doors at the moment.

ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Maybe Tom cubie might have a few tricks up his sleeve when he releases his cubie board
a white rabbit ?
(2012-09-07, 02:48)davilla Wrote: a white rabbit ?

Nah, a white rabbit comes out of a hat. Cards come out of a sleeve. Smile
Well wishful thinking lol. To be honest I don't know why Tom is releasing his new board as it's no good for xbmc and the market is already flooded with other cheap well established dev boards. Doesn't make much sense.
(2012-09-07, 08:35)Ribuck Wrote: Well wishful thinking lol. To be honest I don't know why Tom is releasing his new board as it's no good for xbmc and the market is already flooded with other cheap well established dev boards. Doesn't make much sense.

Can you give an example of a dev board that's simular in specs and price?
A lot of GPIO on the Cubieboard, media centre is not the only (and not the main) application for embedded boards.

A great board for a great price, but (currently) unusable for XBMC.

• 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15