• 21(current)
[RELEASE] veetle.com
(2012-09-07, 05:31)mikeriv Wrote: OK I dont see much love for the Raspberry Pi and Raspbmc. I grabbed and uploaded the file avformat-53-arm.so from a working RC4 install and uploaded it. If someone can point me in the right direction maybe we can come up with a working solution.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=0056...5486493650

It's the same as the openelec version I posted earlier - that was also for a R-Pi:
Code:
04 30 90 E5 00 20 D3 E5 46 00 52 E3 01 00 00 0A 00 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 01 20 D3 E5 4C 00 52 E3 FA FF FF 1A 02 20 D3 E5 56 00 52 E3 F7 FF FF 1A 03 20 D3 E5 04 00 52 E3 F4 FF FF 8A 05 20 D3 E5 00 00 52 E3 F1 FF FF 1A 05 00 93 E5 30 0F BF E6 08 00 50 E3 64 00 A0 83 00 00 A0 93 1E FF 2F E1

to
Code:
04 30 90 E5 00 20 D3 E5 46 00 52 E3 03 00 00 0A 47 00 52 E3 05 00 00 0A 00 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 00 F0 20 E3 02 20 D3 E5 56 00 52 E3 F9 FF FF 1A 03 20 D3 E5 04 00 52 E3 F6 FF FF 8A 05 20 D3 E5 00 00 52 E3 F3 FF FF 1A 05 00 93 E5 30 0F BF E6 08 00 50 E3 64 00 A0 83 00 00 A0 93 1E FF 2F E1

Found at 0x2AB28.

There are only 22 bytes of difference and it's a code change from:
Code:
LDR     R3, [R0,#4]
                LDRB    R2, [R3]
                CMP     R2, #0x46             ;'f'
                BEQ     loc_2AEF0
loc_2AEE8:
                MOV     R0, #0
                BX      LR
loc_2AEF0:
                LDRB    R2, [R3,#1]
                CMP     R2, #0x4C             ;'l'
                BNE     loc_2AEE8
                LDRB    R2, [R3,#2]           ;'v'
                CMP     R2, #0x56
                BNE     loc_2AEE8
                LDRB    R2, [R3,#3]
                CMP     R2, #4
                BHI     loc_2AEE8
                LDRB    R2, [R3,#5]
                CMP     R2, #0
                BNE     loc_2AEE8
                LDR     R0, [R3,#5]
                REV     R0, R0
                CMP     R0, #8
                MOVHI   R0, #0x64
                MOVLS   R0, #0
                BX      LR

to
Code:
LDR     R3, [R0,#4]
                LDRB    R2, [R3]
                CMP     R2, #0x46             ;'f'
                BEQ     oc_2AEF0
                cmp     r2, 'G'
                beq     carry_on
oc_2AEE8:
                MOV     R0, #0
                BX      LR
oc_2AEF0:
                nop
                LDRB    R2, [R3,#2]           ;'v'
                CMP     R2, #0x56
                BNE     oc_2AEE8
carry_on:
                LDRB    R2, [R3,#3]
                CMP     R2, #4
                BHI     oc_2AEE8
                LDRB    R2, [R3,#5]
                CMP     R2, #0
                BNE     oc_2AEE8
                LDR     R0, [R3,#5]
                REV     R0, R0
                CMP     R0, #8
                MOVHI   R0, #0x64
                MOVLS   R0, #0
                BX      LR
internally.
Hey bitbotherer... I was looking through this list and only see two hex editors with ARM disassemblers - "HT Editor" and "beye".

I have used beye (aka biew) on windows for x86 hacking before and it got the job done. The ARM support is fairly new and I've not had reason to try it out before.

Any opinions / comments?
myteemat (on x86 windows) - Are you sure you are using the 'updated' dll netimports posted? His first pass was explicity stated to not work for flv streams, only veetle. He then updated it as per my suggestion to work with both.

myteemat and nuggyblake (on x86 OSX):
If you want something that will work on "your" system, the best bet is to patch "your" particular binary yourself. myteemat uploaded an image (not identified as to what xbmc version or osx version), bitbotherer was nice and ran an x86 disassembler on it and posted the result. I recognize the code structure (and filename) as similar to the gen1 atv image I patched for MY system.

Go to this list and select a hex editor with built in x86 disassembler that will run on your host system. Download a copy of the gen1 atv image I posted earlier. Get a copy of the library from "your" system. Bring up 'my' image in one window, "your" image in another window, and both this and this posts. Locate and disassemble the relevant code in both images in your hex editor. Look at all four (two images, two posts). Put brain in gear.

A Parable: Boss comes to you, hands you a flash drive with a document created with some obscure word processor, written in Russian and asks you to change a few words buried in it. He gives you a written set of instruction on pretty much what changes are needed, what to search for to locate the words, and another document that has already had similar changes made. If you are successful, you get a raise (payoff - you get access to veetle again). You don't have to learn all the intricacies of the word processor (hex editor / disassembler) or Russian (object code). You are free to ask questions about what you see in the various files / documents, but ultimately you have to edit "your" particular file.

Go for it!!
I've not tried any of those - sorry Sad

What I use is IDA Pro - I have a legit version my work bought, though dodgy copies of 6.1 are available I believe.

For simple recompiling of the fixes to get the binary changes out I have been using fasmarm, it's small, simple and quick.

For the binary searching/editing I tend to just use HxD as it's something that is also small, quick and quite capable for what I usually need.

Quick tip for finding where the flv_probe is located - do a search for flv in the data area, you will then see a block of data following it that could be interpreted as addresses in the code Wink if you look at those addresses you will usually find the 'probe' at one of the first few values. It will be recognisible by the load byte then compare register with 'F' etc. construct.

And yes it would definitely be much better for people to modify their own files - at the moment there are lots of different files in this thread that share the same names but have different runtime platforms and architectures.

"A Parable: Boss comes to you, hands you a flash drive with a document created with some obscure word processor, written in Russian and asks you to change a few words buried in it. He gives you a written set of instruction on pretty much what changes are needed, what to search for to locate the words, and another document that has already had similar changes made. If you are successful, you get a raise (payoff - you get access to veetle again). You don't have to learn all the intricacies of the word processor (hex editor / disassembler) or Russian (object code). You are free to ask questions about what you see in the various files / documents, but ultimately you have to edit "your" particular file."

lighten up francis........ Hang on while I prostrate myself infront of your genius.
Lightbulb 
i don't know why people need to binary patch the libraries just for a simple small change. why not just grab the FLV data from server and pass it on to XBMC with correct header (using a local proxy server). in this way just updating the plugin will fix the issue for all peoples on all platforms without requiring binary patch and also makes it easier to keep with their future fiddlings. here is a plugin where local proxy solution has been implemented to grab the data from server, process it and then dump it to XBMC.

Akamai SecureHD Streaming Proxy
(2012-09-07, 14:15)_KSV_ Wrote: i don't know why people need to binary patch the libraries just for a simple small change. why not just grab the FLV data from server and pass it on to XBMC with correct header (using a local proxy server). in this way just updating the plugin will fix the issue for all peoples on all platforms without requiring binary patch and also makes it easier to keep with their future fiddlings. here is a plugin where local proxy solution has been implemented to grab the data from server, process it and then dump it to XBMC.

Akamai SecureHD Streaming Proxy
Seriously - If you can come up with a new veetle addon that does that you will be a hero for many (though obviously everyone will then expect you to support and maintain it).

netimports and I diagnosed problem and implemented quick hacks (which we shared) to get ourselves up and running (and of course everyone starts clamoring 'what about me') And I 100% agree with you about the possibility veetle will continue their 'warfare' and intentionally break things again (which is part of why I don't want to get into the patching everything for everyone business). And I did post two long-term solution approaches that should be explored. (Any volunteers?)

So seriously, if you can build upon what netimports and I diagnosed, by putting together a single script based local proxy server veetle stream tweaker, that will work across various OS / CPU / XBMC / PYTHON versions (without sucking down cpu too much) PLEASE DO. Seriously. Please.

OR - If someone wants to dig into the long-term solutions proposed... For example, We've already confirmed in this thread that veetle DOES have non-flash html5 based streams, that those steams are using "HLS" encoding, and that a Python script that can handle that encoding has already been created for use on a different site... Seriously. Please.

In the meantime, I am willing to help folk who are desperate to patch their own system for short term fix THAT COULD BREAK AGAIN AT ANY MOMENT, but not willing to get into business of creating patched or rebuilt images for every platform / variation. As I said in the referenced post 'any solution that involves tweaking flvdec.c (whether via patch or source code) IS IMPRACTICAL' (and this thread is demonstrating support for my statement).
Why is it that every other addon works fine playing videos and just Veetle isn't playing them?

And btw that supposed fix, where are you suppose to copy it in a pc linux version of xbmc?
I DON'T DO CABLE.
(2012-09-07, 16:05)Pednick Wrote: Why is it that every other addon works fine playing videos and just Veetle isn't playing them?
Because veetle don't want you to watch them with xbmc, so they changed stuff so that it doesn't work with xbmc anymore (the addon is fine, it's xbmc itself). They want you to watch them with your web-browser so that they can also show you ads and earn money to pay for their servers and stuff.
(2012-09-07, 16:05)Pednick Wrote: Why is it that every other addon works fine playing videos and just Veetle isn't playing them?

And btw that supposed fix, where are you suppose to copy it in a pc linux version of xbmc?

I'll ask a 2nd time, have you not been reading the past few pages of this thread??
i search the avformat x86 for ios mac

i`m using xbmc 11.0 eden
veetel didn`t work with avformat x86 10.xx

can anywer help my

my english not so fine i`m german
(2012-09-07, 18:15)Eldorado Wrote:

I'll ask a 2nd time, have you not been reading the past few pages of this thread??

Read them and it doesn't indicate where to place the file.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
Why is the sky blue?
I DON'T DO CABLE.
Tongue 
(2012-09-07, 21:57)Pednick Wrote: Why is the sky blue?

Dude, what are you on? If it's of herbal nature, can you pass me some?
plugh have you tried getting the hls stream to play? i can't get nothing to play it. VLC 2+ has support for hls and i can play the apple demo hls link fine but can't get anything from veetles..
durations in the m3u is so short by the time i try playing it its already expired, so a new m3u is generated every 10seconds?
test stream output:
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:10
#EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:2342
#EXTINF:10
/hls/4fc4d2cf8c0d8_mobileXcode/stream-2342.ts
/hls/4fc4d2cf8c0d8_mobileXcode/stream-2343.ts
/hls/4fc4d2cf8c0d8_mobileXcode/stream-2344.ts
same one again shows: