• 8(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
Hello
As Mypics DB user I have question

I the main menu I have difficulty to understand from were Mypics DB is taking the information.
When I use "Browse by keywords" I have results.
When I use "Browse by persons" I have no results.

Maybe it is correct because I do not have the right information at the right place

Is there a table which give foreach line of the main menu from where the information is taken ?
Hi Pierre8991,

the person tag is taken from XMP tag "MPRegTongueersonDisplayName".
Date is taken from EXIF tags "EXIF DateTimeOriginal","EXIF DateTimeDigitized" or "Image DateTime".
Keyword, category, location etc. from their respective IPTC tags.

All recognized tags within your pictures can be found in "browse by tags" or in the "Filter wizard".

Because I know that you use Windows:
1) Microsoft Live Picture Gallery for the person tags
2) Irfan View (Panda icon) for IPTC tags.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Thank you for this clear answer

I am now only to wait until skins will handle legends
(2012-08-08, 16:02)Xycl Wrote: Really good idea. How should the filter look like?
I mean it must be usable for someone without knowledge of boolean algebra and it must not take 10 mins. to set a filter to show pictures from you and me Big Grin
Well - use the current Filter Wizard with a bit of minor (he he Smile) tweaking. Right now all filters are selected at once, which is a problem when creating more advanced filters. This would change the current approach with checkmarks next to the selected elements into a filter statement, that continually updates when the user selects different filters.

Something like this:
  1. The user clicks 'Persons' and selects 'Henry'
  2. The filter statement in the top reads "Persons = 'Henry'".
  3. The user clicks the 'OR' button
  4. The filter statement in the top reads "Persons = 'Henry' OR"
  5. The user select Persons -> 'John'
  6. The filter statement in the top reads "Persons = 'Henry' OR Persons = 'John'"
  7. The user clicks the 'AND' button
  8. The filter statement in the top reads "Persons = 'Henry' OR Persons = 'John' AND"
  9. The user clicks the 'Delete last' button
  10. The filter statement in the top reads "Persons = 'Henry' OR Persons = 'John'"
  11. ... And so much later
  12. The filter statement in the top reads "Persons = 'Henry' OR Persons = 'John' NOT (Persons = 'Michelle' OR Persons = 'Jackie')
Options should include 'AND', 'OR', 'NOT', '()', and 'Delete last'

For the novice user, this approach would still be easy. Finding all images with Persons = 'Mike' is still only one click away, and finding all images with Persons = 'Mike' AND Keywords = 'Baking' is actually easier than it is today. I do believe that even somewhat novice users would be able to predict the outcome of that filter statement.

Latest danish translation at ftp://rlyeh.dk/danish.xml

FFY
Version 1.1.0 released

Changelog:
Code:
Update: Filter wizard now has a "not" function.
        Green checkbox -> picture must contain the tag
        Red checkbox -> picture must NOT contain the tag
Update: Resolution and EXIF:Datetime infolabels set for "Pic Thumbs" view
Fix:    Error "no such column: files.GPS GPSLatitudeRef" now fixed
Fix:    English translation
Update: New dutch translation from mhdebokx

Please read the readme within add-on directory.
No log no help.
(2012-09-12, 11:10)fungify Wrote: The filter statement in the top reads "Persons = 'Henry' OR Persons = 'John' NOT (Persons = 'Michelle' OR Persons = 'Jackie')

Such a condition means that you have to much time to take pictures from persons you don't like Wink

Seriously I know a lot of people including my wife who would write
keyword = 'holiday' and country = 'spain' or country = 'france'
but meaning
keyword = 'holiday' and (country = 'spain' or country = 'france')

I think it's not possible to write a user friendly but advanced filter.
Therefore I'll think about following approach:
1) Save & load filter preferences and select them directly from a menu. This is still for the current filter wizard and should be sufficient for most people.
2) An advanced filter perhaps like the smart playlist editor. Of course, with save and load capability, too.

(2012-09-12, 11:10)fungify Wrote: Latest danish translation at ftp://rlyeh.dk/danish.xml
Please update
Quote:<string id="30610">Markér tags / nøgleord (red checkbox means "not")</string>
I changed this for the currenct release.

Xycl
No log no help.
(2012-09-11, 10:29)fiveisalive Wrote: Testing the 1.0.0 version of the add-on with the latest Frodo from git, I get the following error:

MyPicsDB 1.1.0, Frodo 20120909 and Windows 7 work.
But I still had no time to test it with Linux.
No log no help.
(2012-09-12, 23:13)Xycl Wrote: Such a condition means that you have to much time to take pictures from persons you don't like Wink
Smile Well... On a more serious note. My photo collection is now well over 8000 photos and growing day by day. About 4000 of those are of my son. Recently I had to find a picture of him without his mother or I. That took quite some time. This would have been solved in a single query. Another current example - I need a new profile picture for facebook but don't want to include anyone else but myself. A simple Persons = 'Me' NOT Persons = 'Anybody else' would solve this.

I don't particularly need the more advanced queries, but experience tells me that when an option exists, someone is bound to use it for something great. Did you know that once opun a time XBMC didn't even have a nifty image database addon? Smile
(2012-09-12, 23:13)Xycl Wrote: I think it's not possible to write a user friendly but advanced filter.
Therefore I'll think about following approach:
Looking forward to testing whatever you come up with.
(2012-09-12, 23:13)Xycl Wrote: Please update
Quote:<string id="30610">Markér tags / nøgleord (red checkbox means "not")</string>
I changed this for the currenct release.
Sorry. That one seems to have slipped through my compare.

FFY
(2012-09-12, 23:57)fungify Wrote: Recently I had to find a picture of him without his mother or I. That took quite some time. This would have been solved in a single query.

This problem should be solved with version 1.1.0
Select the person once more and the check box will change from green to red. But don't forget to set "match all tags" because you need the AND instead of the OR.

(2012-09-12, 23:57)fungify Wrote: Another current example - I need a new profile picture for facebook but don't want to include anyone else but myself. A simple Persons = 'Me' NOT Persons = 'Anybody else' would solve this.

That's a nice problem. Perhaps an "exclusive" mode would solve it. A blue check box which means this tag must exclusivly match.
No log no help.
I'm having a few issues with getting this addon to work:

1. Map drive to pictures folder in windows 7 x64
2. Add mapped drive to XBMC (Eden)
3. Add mapped drive to mypicsdb (recursive=on, update=on)
4. Scan folder
5. pictures start being added to the db and then it crashes

If I uninstall/delete the db file and reinstall the addon I get the same result.

Any ideas? Thanks

Part of log below:

07:21:50 T:5432 ERROR: MyPicsDB >>
07:21:50 T:5432 NOTICE: WARNING: problems with charset recognition
07:21:50 T:5432 NOTICE: '\x1b'
07:21:50 T:5432 ERROR: MyPicsDB >> >>> DB_file_insert ...
07:21:50 T:5432 INFO: MyPicsDB >> 06-08-2011 14-15-13 - Day 1 - Burgos - 0608.JPG
07:21:50 T:5432 ERROR: MyPicsDB >> <type 'exceptions.Exception'> - database disk image is malformed
07:21:50 T:5432 ERROR: MyPicsDB >> INSERT INTO files('date created','GPS GPSLatitudeRef','GPS GPSLatitude','Image DateTime','EXIF ExifVersion','mtime','keywords','dcConfusedubject','EXIF Flash','strFilename','GPS GPSLongitude','Image Orientation','EXIF DateTimeOriginal','contact','ftype','EXIF FileSource','EXIF ExifImageLength','Image ResolutionUnit','Image Rating','idFolder','Image YResolution','supplemental category','EXIF ExifImageWidth','EXIF SceneCaptureType','strPath','DateAdded','EXIF DigitalZoomRatio','EXIF DateTimeDigitized','Image Model','Image XResolution','Image Make','UseIt','sha','time created','GPS GPSLongitudeRef','photoshopBig GrinateCreated') values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
Quote:database disk image is malformed
means that your database is corrupted.
1) Is the hard disk okay?
2) Local or remote DB?
3) Did you access the DB from 2 or more XBMC instances simultaneously?
No log no help.
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The userdata folder is a symbolic link to a different location on my hard disc. This location is automatically synced with a synology disk station.

Only one instance of xbmc accessing the folder at the moment but from what you say i'm guess that the symlink and folder sync is causing the issue?

Is the solution to stop doing this Smile or is there a work around?

Thanks
Hi,

the link is okay. I use a lot of links or junctions created with Link Shell Extension.

But stop the synchronisation of the database directory.
Never sync or backup running databases!
Delete the picture database and try to rescan the picture.
No log no help.
Cheers for the link, should make it a bit easier than using the command line.

I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't think about the consequences of syncing the db folder. Stopped this now.

Thanks for your help. I've been looking for something to view my pics by tags for ages.
I hope that syncing the db folder is really the reason for your DB problems.
Please give feedback.
No log no help.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1