XBMC freezes during quit/shutdown 12.04
I've recently switched from a hackintosh to Ubuntu 12.04/ I'm setting the machine up as a file server and HTPC. I would have kept the Mac OS X installed but it was too much maintenance. I feel like the switch is turning out to be way more difficult than just maintaining that build. I've got a few problems but here is my first.

Any time I hit "Shutdown" which is quit in Aeon Nox XBMC locks up. I end up having to go to the command line to kill the processes everytime before I can get back to the desktop. As my girlfriend will also be using the HTPC, and she has no ability with computers, I'm hoping to get this fixed. Here is the debug log from when I quit:

Sorry if that's a bit long. Is there anyway to fix this issue? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Here is the link to the log file.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Please upload the complete debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) to www.xbmclogs.com and post just the URL link here.
  • Posting logs directly here creates too much clutter. Please edit your post and remove the log information and replace it with the URL link to your uploaded log.
  • Posting a snippet of a log isn't as useful as the complete log, since some key information needed for problem diagnosis may be in the section(s) that you left out.
Thanks.
Sometimes my XBMC takes some time as well. How long did you wait before you defined the system as being stuck Wink
line 68: 14:00:16 T:140618329769728 ERROR: Error Contents: No space left on device

this seems to be not ok on your device. can you confirm that you have space left on your hdd?
I don't know if this is a cause for concern or not:
Code:
14:00:16 T:140618329769728   ERROR: Error Contents: No space left on device
What kind of system are you running, an ATV? Don't know if this has any bearing or not on your shutdown problem. It's possible that if XBMC isn't able to write information to storage as part of the shutdown process, it may hang.

It appears you selected the Shutdown action here:
Code:
14:01:46 T:140618712524672   DEBUG: OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
14:01:46 T:140618712524672   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Shutdown()
14:01:46 T:140618712524672   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To Shutdown()

Is this when you issued the command to kill the XBMC process?
Code:
14:01:53 T:140618009384704    INFO: Python script interrupted by user
14:01:53 T:140618009384704   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 140618009384704 terminating
If so, that's only 7 seconds after Shutdown was requested. This isn't a very long time to wait before you decide the system isn't responding and you have to take manual action to abort the process. Am I misreading or misunderstanding something here?
No that's not incorrect. However when I do shut down xbmc and it works the time it takes to shut down is < 3sec. I have plenty of hard drive space. 50gb+ and the install is on a SATA III SSD.

I reinstalled a different build of XBMC and the problem has since lifted.

What could I do to allow it to write if it happens again? Give it permissions?
I have similar problem. When set skin to cirrusextended.2 is ok but when set skin to ex realaska xbmc freezes. Pasting below xmbc.log

(Edit: Removed log)
Glad you got it sorted out.

(2012-09-17, 12:36)Shakin_Handz Wrote: What could I do to allow it to write if it happens again? Give it permissions?
We'll have to revisit it at that time, as the circumstances may be different then.
(2012-09-17, 17:40)Kuba Wrote: I have similar problem. When set skin to cirrusextended.2 is ok but when set skin to ex realaska xbmc freezes. Pasting below xmbc.log
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Please start your own thread as your problem is not identical to the thread originator's. Since you've identified your problem as being related to a particular skin, please post your thread in the appropriate skin support subforum. Also, please do not post logs directly into the forums. Refer to post #2 above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC freezes during quit/shutdown 12.040