• 3(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
(2012-09-16, 13:49)A600 Wrote: For other platforms, the PVR must be compiled from the sources.

@A600
i want to compile the dvbviewer.addon in Xbian. first i download the file from first post "pvr.zip" uncompress it and make

./bootstrap
./ configure

the log from configure:

config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/jsoncpp/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/libhts/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/tinyxml/Makefile
config.status: creating addons/Makefile
config.status: creating addons/pvr.demo/Makefile
config.status: creating addons/pvr.fortherecord.argus/Makefile
config.status: creating addons/pvr.hts/Makefile
config.status: creating addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/Makefile
config.status: creating addons/pvr.njoy/Makefile
config.status: creating addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/Makefile
config.status: creating addons/pvr.vuplus/Makefile
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands

so you can see there was no Makefile for pvr.dvbviewer created.
can you help me?
(2012-09-19, 18:52)Mrbob2 Wrote: A screen shot of the error,

Note I had just created a group called Test as you can see on the left groups do not show names just a box that is blank.

All channels are there but I cannot group the ones I want such as Favorties and Movies etc into their own group.

Again thanks for your time.

Same problem here the channel manager is a nightmare, someone enlighten us.
All i could do so far was to hide channels i don't want, but reordering the channels according to my linking, example: channel 1 > number1 / channel 2 > number2 .... that is another story
Furthermore, i can't put channels sitting in the ungrouped group to a another group (favorites or whatever)

Also the option move (when you right click on the channels list ) to move up/down a given channel in the list don't seem to work

NB: as a follow up to my previous problems, i have solved both except one thing the cpu resources are low when watching a channel full screen but when i'm in the livetv section it's 37-46 %.. way too high imo

(2012-09-19, 19:51)tvfreak Wrote: so you can see there was no Makefile for pvr.dvbviewer created.
can you help me?

It seems I dind't update configure.ac (sorry about that):

Code:
AC_OUTPUT([Makefile
           lib/Makefile
           lib/jsoncpp/Makefile
           lib/libhts/Makefile
           lib/tinyxml/Makefile
           addons/Makefile
           addons/pvr.demo/Makefile
           addons/pvr.dvbviewer/Makefile
           addons/pvr.fortherecord.argus/Makefile
           addons/pvr.hts/Makefile
           addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/Makefile
           addons/pvr.njoy/Makefile
           addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/Makefile
           addons/pvr.vuplus/Makefile])

About the channel manager, until the weekend I won't have time to look into it.
I just tested the PVR Demo and seems to have the same problem with the channel manager:

In any case, I think the channels should be managed with the DVBViewer channel editor but I have an idea on how to integrate the favourites.xml. If that works, it should please to all those who use it as their main channel list.
Thanks A600, will that give us the ability to create groups then? I normally have things like Favorites, Movies, Kids, News, Documentary in XBMC also like the lock XBMC has so the kids cannot see things they shouldn't, another great feature/reason to split channels into groups.

Appreciate your work very, very much.
(2012-09-20, 18:31)A600 Wrote:
(2012-09-19, 19:51)tvfreak Wrote: so you can see there was no Makefile for pvr.dvbviewer created.
can you help me?

It seems I dind't update configure.ac (sorry about that):

About the channel manager, until the weekend I won't have time to look into it.

I changed the code of configure.ac and added line "addons/pvr.dvbviewer/Makefile" like your example. Makefile ist now created, but make zip fails withe error message:

make[2]: *** [client.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/pvr/addons/pvr.dvbviewer'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/pvr/addons'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

a file "client.o" doesn't exist in directory "dvbviewer.addons".
(2012-09-20, 23:58)A600 Wrote: ... but I have an idea on how to integrate the favourites.xml.

This would be great.
And thank you for this addon. I love it ... Wink

(2012-09-21, 10:23)Mrbob2 Wrote: Thanks A600, will that give us the ability to create groups then? I normally have things like Favorites, Movies, Kids, News, Documentary in XBMC also like the lock XBMC has so the kids cannot see things they shouldn't, another great feature/reason to split channels into groups.

OK, I see now your point about the parental lock. The problem is that there seems to be a bug with XBMC that prevents to use the Group management. My idea is to be able to choose between the favorites from DVBViewer or the channels from channels.dat

The advantage of the DVBViewer favorites if that they can be managed more easily than the main channel list and you can create the favourites.xml suited for your needs that you want to be used with XBMC (at least, that's the idea)

(2012-09-21, 11:13)tvfreak Wrote: I changed the code of configure.ac and added line "addons/pvr.dvbviewer/Makefile" like your example. Makefile ist now created, but make zip fails withe error message:

make[2]: *** [client.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/pvr/addons/pvr.dvbviewer'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/pvr/addons'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

a file "client.o" doesn't exist in directory "dvbviewer.addons".

I'll try to setup a VM with linux and to compile it during the weekend.

btw, I removed the curl dependecies and switched to the official xbmc-pvr-addons repo so that will help people trying to compile it.
(2012-09-21, 13:38)A600 Wrote: OK, I see now your point about the parental lock. The problem is that there seems to be a bug with XBMC that prevents to use the Group management. My idea is to be able to choose between the favorites from DVBViewer or the channels from channels.dat

Would it help if we raised a ticket/bug tracker in XBMC (if I can) to have that bug patched?
Group management is a strong part of the PVR function, works with Mediaportal TV server.
One thing that would be wonderful is a Mini EPG browser because i'm not gonna lie that's how i use dvbviewer on a daily basis since 4 years now. This is the most efficient / fast way to watch tv. Anyone agree with that ? The fact that you have all the info on the mini epg and can actually browse to see what's now/next etc for a given channel, it's the ultimate tool for me.

As far as i am concerned the timeline is only useful in terms of recording (find / search / set the program you want to record)
In terms of browsing / watching tv the mini epg wins big time
(2012-09-22, 08:23)themaster1 Wrote: One thing that would be wonderful is a Mini EPG browser because i'm not gonna lie that's how i use dvbviewer on a daily basis since 4 years now. This is the most efficient / fast way to watch tv. Anyone agree with that ? The fact that you have all the info on the mini epg and can actually browse to see what's now/next etc for a given channel, it's the ultimate tool for me.

+1

This and channel handling (use favorites) would improve it very much. (IMHO)
(2012-09-21, 16:33)Mrbob2 Wrote: Would it help if we raised a ticket/bug tracker in XBMC (if I can) to have that bug patched?
Group management is a strong part of the PVR function, works with Mediaportal TV server.

There is one and a PR with a fix

@tvfreak: I got the opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons compiled with an Ubuntu VM:

pvr.dvbviewer-linux-i486.zip

Patch

Source with the patch applied.

Note that you'll need a recent XBMC build.
@tvfreak: I got the opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons compiled with an Ubuntu VM:

Note that you'll need a recent XBMC build.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for your work. i had compiles it under RASBIAN and installed in RASPBMC (newest nightly with TV support). I can install, activate an configure the plugin. when i set Live-TV on Raspberry starts new..

Seems i must wait for opdenkamps branch. thanks a lot for your help
(2012-09-22, 21:55)tvfreak Wrote: Thanks a lot for your work. i had compiles it under RASBIAN and installed in RASPBMC (newest nightly with TV support). I can install, activate an configure the plugin. when i set Live-TV on Raspberry starts new..

If the latest is from this link yes, you need a build from, at least, 2 days ago.
[/quote]

If the latest is from this link yes, you need a build from, at least, 2 days ago.
[/quote]

No i take the update-programm addon from RASPBMC and update to Version 20120901. In Your link is see no older Version with PVR support.

Maybe my configuration from RASBIAN wasn't correct to compile.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12