Listening to music while doing other tasks
Sorry if this has been answered already, I looked for a while and couldn't find it. I've got XBMC all set up and everything works great, but I was wondering if there was an addon or a way that would let me listen to music on top of watching a video or playing roms/games through rom browser collection? Kinda like on an xbox 360, where you can pause and turn on some music and it mutes everything else?
Not that I know of. Let me know if you found any.
There's no way to do that.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
You can watch a pictures slideshow, that's it.
So, what I've been thinking as a workaround to do this is to get a MP3 player (I'm using Foobar2000), and I'm going to see if I can't set a button on my remote to bring it to the front so I can just go from there, and then maybe the same button, maybe a different one, to minimize it after I've already made my selection. I'd really like to set a way for it to take precedence over all the other programs in terms of volume (ie it mutes everything else if it's making sound) but that may be a little beyond me. But attaching a mix view of all my applications to it may be another way.

I'm just setting up Foobar now, I haven't even began to screw around with mapping it to my remote or any of the mix/volume stuff. If anyone has any ideas on how to streamline this (I'm kind of just figuring out as I go and I bet there are people who know way more about this than me), that would be greatly appreciated so that I, or anyone else, as there seems to be a few people interested in this, can get this done. I'll keep posting what I learn here, if anyone wants me to. Just let me know.
(2012-09-22, 01:34)manji Wrote: So, what I've been thinking as a workaround to do this is to get a MP3 player (I'm using Foobar2000), and I'm going to see if I can't set a button on my remote to bring it to the front so I can just go from there, and then maybe the same button, maybe a different one, to minimize it after I've already made my selection.

Eventghost will let you do that but it's a learning curve understanding how the macros work.

Messy but it works

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Listening to music while doing other tasks0