• 74(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
(2012-09-26, 22:58)allen00se Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 22:36)kburkart Wrote: By the way are you an ex LinuxMCE user? Name looks familar

LinixMCE... yup i suffered with that for a few years. Got tired of no one caring about the actual Media. All anyone over there wanted was telecom and home automation, and no one cared that the UI was fugly. Plus I got laughed at for saying someone should develop a remote for the iPad instead of that tablet thing... Oh well, if i can get this liveTV sorted out I will finally be content.

Thanks for the heads up on ring buffer, I will try that tonight when I get home. Did you ever see random pixelation too? I would describe it almost like a glitch every few minutes or so. Are you using the USB or PCI version?

Using PCI w/Cincinnati Bell fioptics all channels except premium are CCI=0 so I get close to 230 channels. I think the ring buffer should help the pixelization as well, if not again try VDPAU profiles.

There were some definite things I loved about LinuxMCE, the UI was definitly not one of them, although they are working on that, but the fact that TV was unstable ruined it for me. It would be great if you could take the best parts of XBMC, MythTV and LinuxMCE and mix them together.

Kevin
(2012-09-27, 16:22)kburkart Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 22:58)allen00se Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 22:36)kburkart Wrote: By the way are you an ex LinuxMCE user? Name looks familar

LinixMCE... yup i suffered with that for a few years. Got tired of no one caring about the actual Media. All anyone over there wanted was telecom and home automation, and no one cared that the UI was fugly. Plus I got laughed at for saying someone should develop a remote for the iPad instead of that tablet thing... Oh well, if i can get this liveTV sorted out I will finally be content.

Thanks for the heads up on ring buffer, I will try that tonight when I get home. Did you ever see random pixelation too? I would describe it almost like a glitch every few minutes or so. Are you using the USB or PCI version?

Using PCI w/Cincinnati Bell fioptics all channels except premium are CCI=0 so I get close to 230 channels. I think the ring buffer should help the pixelization as well, if not again try VDPAU profiles.

There were some definite things I loved about LinuxMCE, the UI was definitly not one of them, although they are working on that, but the fact that TV was unstable ruined it for me. It would be great if you could take the best parts of XBMC, MythTV and LinuxMCE and mix them together.

Kevin

100% agree about taking things from each system, I do miss the home automation from LMCE. I think I am going to end up just writing some code for controlling my lights and just have a web frontend.

As far as your Ceton card goes, what signal strength do you usually show (looking at the ceton device web page)? I am wondering if boosting my signal would help as well. The few times I have checked it shows -3 to -4 db and I read online a booster could take it up to -15db.
(2012-09-27, 16:39)allen00se Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 16:22)kburkart Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 22:58)allen00se Wrote: LinixMCE... yup i suffered with that for a few years. Got tired of no one caring about the actual Media. All anyone over there wanted was telecom and home automation, and no one cared that the UI was fugly. Plus I got laughed at for saying someone should develop a remote for the iPad instead of that tablet thing... Oh well, if i can get this liveTV sorted out I will finally be content.

Kevin

100% agree about taking things from each system, I do miss the home automation from LMCE. I think I am going to end up just writing some code for controlling my lights and just have a web frontend.

As far as your Ceton card goes, what signal strength do you usually show (looking at the ceton device web page)? I am wondering if boosting my signal would help as well. The few times I have checked it shows -3 to -4 db and I read online a booster could take it up to -15db.

Have never checked, but since I have fiber optic into the house and then a converter and directly to my ceton, I'm assuming it is fairly strong. I will try and remember to check when I get home. Make sure you have upgraded your firmware etc on your ceton card
can someone confirm what I think I have been reading in this thread?

Are all the changes that made TSP's "special" version of xbmc now merged into the main pvr build? so i can just download the latest nightly pvr version of XBMC and then install the addon?

Also where can I get the actual addon? Up until now I have just used the xbmc builds linked in this thread that have the addon already installed.
Hi guys, good news, i updated little libcmyth and now i reduce time duration of ~6 sec for TV spawn and channel switch. I can commit soon if somebody want to test and confirm improvement. Now i get 7~8 sec to spawn and switch. I think we could be better for future.
removed
(2012-09-23, 21:45)dteirney Wrote: Now that PVR support has been added to XBMC master, it would be great to have a push to get all of the pieces of work that people have done on the MythTV addon into one location so everyone can benefit from the great work that people have been doing.

I was moved into a new job at work 2 months ago and it's been crazy busy so haven't had much spare coding time. I can commit to spending some time over the next 2 weeks to aim to get the remaining differences in libcmyth between XBMC and upstream underway and then look to add in the additions that tsp42 has made.

Where is the master location for the MythTV PVR addon these days?

Who is currently doing development related to the MythTV addon? tsp42, janbar, anyone else?

Hi dteirney,

I found an issue with the addon linked to the length of time before the spawn or switch of channel. In fact, when the files first (MythTV 0.25) and sometimes files between two slots, have a size zero or too small, the backend closes the socket before carrying out the reading [cmyth_file_read ()]. At this time the file switch is not yet completed and the message "QUERY_FILETRANSFER %ld[]:[]REQUEST_BLOCK[]:[]%ld" is sent to the closed socket. The return [select ()] is then obtained after the timeout (~ 6 sec) and then goto out and switch next file.
I identified two sources:
1 - In [cmyth_livetv_chain_setup ()] call for [cmyth_proginfo_get_detail ()] to validate a null length file fails. Furthermore it can not validate the condition of the control socket. Then i comment the call.

2 - [cmyth_livetv_chain_read] or [cmyth_file_read] does not check the state of the control socket.

To solve the problem, I propose to remove the validation for file length in [cmyth_livetv_chain_setup ()] and add the call to backend "QUERY_FILETRANSFER% ld [] [] IS_OPEN" before reading a new file (when file-> file_req == 0). If the socket is closed then we switch immediately to the next file. This addition can do this in the loop function [cmyth_livetv_chain_read () ... do {...} while (retry)].

just built from source with using latest nightly and get the following issue:

18:01:28 T:5668 INFO: msg: Unable to assign function "cmyth_conn_reconnect_ctrl": The specified procedure could not be found.
18:01:28 T:5668 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Failed to load cmyth library!
18:01:28 T:5668 ERROR: ADDON: Dll MythTV cmyth PVR Client - Client returned bad status (4) from Create and is not usable
18:01:28 T:5668 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV cmyth PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv.cmyth (same Thread=no)

any ideas?
(2012-09-28, 02:04)pgjensen Wrote: just built from source with using latest nightly and get the following issue:

18:01:28 T:5668 INFO: msg: Unable to assign function "cmyth_conn_reconnect_ctrl": The specified procedure could not be found.
18:01:28 T:5668 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Failed to load cmyth library!
18:01:28 T:5668 ERROR: ADDON: Dll MythTV cmyth PVR Client - Client returned bad status (4) from Create and is not usable
18:01:28 T:5668 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV cmyth PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv.cmyth (same Thread=no)

any ideas?

I have the same issue with Windows.
Just wanted to start with thanks to everyone working on this project. It is great to see so much action.

I am a bit confused on how to get the latest. Does libcmyth work with xbmc 12 alpha3, or should I stick with Eden?

Now that tsp has been tied up outside this thread for a bit where do I git clone the latest libcmyth code from?

Thanks again for all the work you guys are putting into this.

Ryan
(2012-09-28, 02:23)ryanjennings Wrote: Just wanted to start with thanks to everyone working on this project. It is great to see so much action.

I am a bit confused on how to get the latest. Does libcmyth work with xbmc 12 alpha3, or should I stick with Eden?

Now that tsp has been tied up outside this thread for a bit where do I git clone the latest libcmyth code from?

Thanks again for all the work you guys are putting into this.

Ryan

for xbmc v12, you must run a nightly from mid september or later. eden would need a special pvr build, but don't know how that works as i've been on v12 for a while now.
(2012-09-27, 23:45)janbar Wrote: Hi guys, good news, i updated little libcmyth and now i reduce time duration of ~6 sec for TV spawn and channel switch. I can commit soon if somebody want to test and confirm improvement. Now i get 7~8 sec to spawn and switch. I think we could be better for future.

I would test for you, but with all the recent work happening in this thread I'm not sure where your code is and how to test it.. If you could point me in the right direction I'll try it out.

Hi,

I just committed on my repo: https://github.com/janbar , and soon i pull request to cfetzer.

In the branch "news" you will find the addon from cfetzer "pvr.mythtv.cmyth" and the shared libcmyth updated. With it think, after Make, to copy lib/libcmyth...so ot dll to xbmc/system/ (replacing old file).

In the branch "master" you will find only the addon "pvr.cmyth" that is my updated addon from tsp but it is unofficial. This one does not need to copy manually the library libcmyth...so or dll to the directory xbmc/system/ because library is statically linked with the addon. So just install it as any other addon (zip file). Also i don't know yet if it runs on windows. For the brave.

Note: Before spawn live tv let some time (few seconds or minutes depending of recordings number you have) because addon load in local cache all previews of recording and get a large network bandwidth. Then you can test spawn and switch. And let me know. Thanks
I put the built libcmyth.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\ (2MB vs 1.5MB) now so the add-on loaded, but it crashes xbmc.

"Remote Communication Server - failed to start"

seems it can't connect to the database from a remote host so i have to work on the mysql privileges. but, this causes it to crash and probably shouldn't Smile
I too am experiencing the issue with cfetzer's addon and the error 4 on Linux. I found the following old thread which is related...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid973871

So I guess it is a bad Makefile?
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8