• 4(current)
Linux [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC/Kodi and TVHeadend
23.08.2012 18:36:56: PVR Manager: Service still active, monitoring PWR/OTHER: no/no

That means, addon is active and monitoring your remote events (power button and other buttons). If you press power on remote now, the addon will display a message showing in screenshot #1 and the machine will power off after the schedule.
(2012-08-23, 17:57)_BJ1 Wrote: 23.08.2012 18:36:56: PVR Manager: Service still active, monitoring PWR/OTHER: no/no

That means, addon is active and monitoring your remote events (power button and other buttons). If you press power on remote now, the addon will display a message showing in screenshot #1 and the machine will power off after the schedule.

ok tried that with no success, the power button does nothing.

i have made all the changes you describing in the readme file.

thanks.

also i rebooted my xbmc now & i got a message that the script for pvrmanager failed.
i understand that xbmc does not know what the power button from control does. will it work if i select the shutdown command from the interface?

thanks.
> also i rebooted my xbmc now & i got a message that the script for pvrmanager failed.

Sorry I'm on vacation now. We talk about it next week. I need a summary of the xbmc.log when the script fails.
ok no problem.
When I had my htpc record a movie overnight, the htpc would hang and would still be powered on the next day.
When I tried to make a recording at daytime, all went fine.

The solution to my problem was that at night my tv was powered off. Linux wouldn't boot correctly because it couldn't determine the right resolution for my screen. After I saved the EDID-information of my tv to the local hard drive, Linux could boot without the tv turned on.
Now recording at night works fine.

I hope this information is helpful to you.
(2012-08-23, 18:00)esofron Wrote: also i rebooted my xbmc now & i got a message that the script for pvrmanager failed.

There was a mixup of tabs and spaces on some indents that could be the reason for the failure. I have fixed this. Download the zip from post #1 and try again.
Is this addon only for xbmcbuntu and xbmc-live?

My system is Ubuntu 12.04 with pulse-eight.com pvr build.
I get the message "Add-on does not have the correct structure"
(2012-09-25, 22:45)vraa Wrote: Is this addon only for xbmcbuntu and xbmc-live?
Yes. Mostly for standalone and depreciating systems standing in living rooms.
Quote:I get the message "Add-on does not have the correct structure"
If you would give it a try, unzip to ~/.xbmc/addons. And PLEASE, follow the README
I guess something must have gone wrong at the first download, because the second time i download and installed, it worked just fine.

It's up and running now, and i've just verified that it wakes up my pc prior to a scheduled recording. Nice :-)

It's not suspending the pc after recording. Is that normal behaviour?
(2012-09-27, 19:38)vraa Wrote: It's not suspending the pc after recording. Is that normal behaviour?

Can you explain that clearly for me?

The normal behaviour is to shutdown the system after recording. Suspend (to RAM) is much more difficult depending on hardware, (re)loading drivers for the tv-cards etc. epp. Or are you meaning the missing shutdown after recording? I've found a bug just today and fixed it. See first post.
I guess i mean shutdown. Thought the system was suspending.

No it does not shutdown after the recording has ended. Does the update today fix that?
(2012-09-27, 22:02)vraa Wrote: Does the update today fix that?

I hope that. Otherwise you can put the
Code:
~/.xbmc/temp/script.program.pvrmanager/pvrmanager.log
to pastebin. I'll take a look into that.
I've updated the plugin. If i encounter any issues, i'll post a log file.

And by the way, thanx for writing this plugin.
I can't how i would have solved the problem otherwise.
Hi _BJ1

First of all, many thanks for this plugin! It fills a gap in the standard XBMC features.

I know this thread is now rather old, but I hope you are still subscribed...

The script runs OK, but the shutdown command does not do anything.

My system is OpenELEC, running on an Arctic MC001. I have installed the script and made sure that the credentials for accessing TvHeadend are correct. I initially tried to follow the instructions in the README, but I was unable to chown the script (error message: unknown user xbmc), though I was able to make the script executable. The owner of the script is root.

Also, I was unable to run visudo (error message: command not found), so I could not insert the "Cmnd_Alias PVR_CMDS = ... " line. I'm not sure whether it is simply that OpenELEC does not include visudo by default, or something more complicated. A search for sudoers turned up no results. I tried a creating a sudoers file in /etc, but received a "Read-only file system" error.

I suspect that the problem is something to do with the permissions, but because of the way OpenELEC is structured, the add-on probably needs a slightly different setup. (As you may already suspect, I am a long way from being a Linux guru!)

Here's the most recent log contents:
Code:
12.03.2013 12:51:57: PVR Manager: No current recording(s).
12.03.2013 12:51:57: PVR Manager: Next recording in 146 minutes.
12.03.2013 12:51:57: PVR Manager: No PIDFile found, system powered on first time.
12.03.2013 12:51:57: PVR Manager: Service finished but will be possibly restarted.
12.03.2013 12:51:57: PVR Manager: ------------------------------------------------
12.03.2013 12:51:59: PVR Manager: No current recording(s).
12.03.2013 12:51:59: PVR Manager: Next recording in 146 minutes.
12.03.2013 12:51:59: PVR Manager: EPG-Update interval is set to 2 days.
12.03.2013 12:51:59: PVR Manager: Wakeup for Recording by ACPI at 12.03.2013 15:15:59 (UNIX-Time: 1363101359).
12.03.2013 12:52:04: PVR Manager: Instruct the system to shut down.
12.03.2013 12:52:04: PVR Manager: Service finished but will be possibly restarted.
12.03.2013 12:52:04: PVR Manager: ------------------------------------------------
The Wakeup time shown in the log is correct: a recording is due at 15:20.
(2013-03-12, 15:06)Daddy_Dog Wrote: I suspect that the problem is something to do with the permissions, but because of the way OpenELEC is structured, the add-on probably needs a slightly different setup.

Yes, it's indeed a problem with the permission/place of the shutdown.sh which handles the shutdown and the wakeup-timer. Because most of my setups are XBMCbuntu machines I don't know much about OpenELEC. Maybe there is a place where users can run their own shellscripts with root privileges. I think it's better to ask in the OpenElec forums but inform me about possibly solutions so i can implement/modify this into the plugin.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC/Kodi and TVHeadend2