• 7(current)
NextPVR (NPVR) First Impressions
I used NPVR some time ago, but the GUI just didn't meet the WAF. I'm looking at using it for the backend again, but I'd like to be able to have my HDHRs record to one drive and my Colossus cards to record to a different drive. I can't figure out how to get there. Is this possible?
Choosing the folder to use is by the recording rule not tuner, so you would need to be selective in your rules and how you merge channels.

Martin
That will work as the most important thing is to not have one drive overloaded. I never thought about doing it by recording rule, but that's not a bad idea.

Next I need to figure out how to migrate my recording history from FTR if possible.
Does FTR use a database that is exportable? If it does and you can get it to me I probably could modify my SageTV import utility to bring it in.

Martin
(2012-10-01, 03:31)emveepee Wrote: Does FTR use a database that is exportable? If it does and you can get it to me I probably could modify my SageTV import utility to bring it in.

Martin

I too am very interested in this...

ForTheRecord uses either SQL Server or MySQL. I will PM you a link to my ForTheRecord Database for SQL Server.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks!
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc
I just PM'd you with a link to my exported xml file. It would be nice to do the MySQL or MS SQL link directly if possible.
i've tried the xbmc addon out. its running ok.. but i keep getting random buffering on live tv.. when i dont get it in the npvr application..

i get this error ALL the time

23:16:59 T:5656 ERROR: Previous line repeats 19484 times.
23:16:59 T:5656 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: ReadLiveStream
23:16:59 T:5656 ERROR: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: Socket::receive: (Winsock error=10035) WSA Error

any ideas?
(2012-09-28, 23:35)KRA77 Wrote: Stop teasing and release the damn thing xD

I've actually been "playing" with NPVR this week also (never heard of it before you mention it).
I've run into some problems, but the support from developer (sub) over @ nextpvr forum is damn impressive.

Tomorrow will be the big test when I install all my tuners on nextpvr.

Compiling from git on xbmcbuntu is rather simple, I don't know if you need all this, but this is what I did :

sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential checkinstall autoconf autoconf2.13 libtool libtinyxml-dev zip
git clone git://github.com/sub3/xbmc-pvr-addons
cd xbmc-pvr-addons
./bootstrap
./configure
make zip

compiled without error, zip file for install directly from within xbmc is located xbmc-pvr-addons/addons folder.

Ofcourse I havn't been able to test it yet since I don't have the next release of NPVR.

Using Open-elec on Raspberry Pi, and todays release of NPVR this works fine with SD and HD from UK Freeview apart from BBC HD Channels where the Raspberry struggles., OK with ITV HD and channel 4 HD.

Does anyone know if the Linux addon build by KRA77 on WileeCyote's site is for i386 or if its x86_64 ? (I'm assuming it actually matters for the addon like it did for FTR)
it's 32bit (i386, actually builds as i486), it's built on xbmcbuntu

Regarding porting your FTR recordings, there is a software that will convert your recordings into xml data that xbmc will read. You will not get it in the pvr plugin then, but as a video source. I believe you will find it on 4TR forum.
Thanks KRA77.

Any chance of getting a build for x86_64 if your build environment is setup for it?
I can only seem to find Openelec Frodo builds for x64 for the ION platform at the moment Sad

No worries if not, I'll have to try and get a build environment setup somewhere.
Sorry I'm rather a noob at this, building for openelec is not something I'm about to venture into. Building for 64bit ubuntu should be just as easy as I described in earlier post.

I belive there are some people over at nextpvr forum running the plugin on openelec, maybe you will find it there, or just ask, I'm sure they will share.
(2012-10-01, 17:17)Swifty Wrote: Thanks KRA77.

Any chance of getting a build for x86_64 if your build environment is setup for it?
I can only seem to find Openelec Frodo builds for x64 for the ION platform at the moment Sad

No worries if not, I'll have to try and get a build environment setup somewhere.

I have added a 64 bit build of the NextPVR addon on the build's page. I have ONLY tested this with OpenElec 64 bit ION build (today's build.) It was built on Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, so I would imagine it should work okay with it too.
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc
Thanks so much Smile

I was going to install Ubuntu 64 Bit when I got home today so I could get the addon built, but you saved me the trouble Big Grin
I got this up and running yesterday. It is working fairly well. One thing I have yet to figure out is how to create a season pass or favorite to record a certain series. When I do a search, it never returns any results.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR (NPVR) First Impressions2