• 9(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
yes the syncing with synology cloudstation was causing the issue. I have excluded the Database folder from this syncing and MyPicsDb now works like a dream.

Thanks again for your help.
Mypics db do not work with the last nightly

Code:
17:44:22 T:2875181936   DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/default.py
17:44:22 T:2875181936   DEBUG: Process - Setting the Python path to /home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.module.dialogaddonscan/lib:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/lib:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.module.rssengine/lib:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.module.elementtree/lib:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib:/usr/lib/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gst-0.10:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntu-sso-client:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-client:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-couch:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-installer:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-storage-protocol:
17:44:22 T:2875181936   DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb
17:44:22 T:2875181936   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.image.mypicsdb" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
17:44:23 T:2875181936   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmc::translatePath" must be unicode or str
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/default.py", line 72, in <module>
                                                import MypicsDB as MPDB
                                              File "/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/resources/lib/MypicsDB.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                import  xbmcaddon
                                            TypeError: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmc::translatePath" must be unicode or str
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2012-10-03, 17:47)fmronan Wrote: Mypics db do not work with the last nightly

Code:
17:44:22 T:2875181936   DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/default.py
17:44:22 T:2875181936   DEBUG: Process - Setting the Python path to /home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.module.dialogaddonscan/lib:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/lib:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.module.rssengine/lib:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib:/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/script.module.elementtree/lib:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib:/usr/lib/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gst-0.10:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntu-sso-client:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-client:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-couch:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-installer:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-storage-protocol:
17:44:22 T:2875181936   DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb
17:44:22 T:2875181936   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.image.mypicsdb" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
17:44:23 T:2875181936   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmc::translatePath" must be unicode or str
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/default.py", line 72, in <module>
                                                import MypicsDB as MPDB
                                              File "/home/guevel/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/resources/lib/MypicsDB.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                import  xbmcaddon
                                            TypeError: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmc::translatePath" must be unicode or str
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Yep, I previously reported the same issue with a pre-Frodo build: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1188534

I think there were some Python API changes that need to be updated on the MyPicsDB end, but not sure exactly what needs to be changed. Seems like the argument to translatePath must now be a string, which I guess it currently isn't.
(2012-10-03, 17:47)fmronan Wrote: Mypics db do not work with the last nightly

(2012-09-12, 23:34)Xycl Wrote:
(2012-09-11, 10:29)fiveisalive Wrote: Testing the 1.0.0 version of the add-on with the latest Frodo from git, I get the following error:

MyPicsDB 1.1.0, Frodo 20120909 and Windows 7 work.
But I still had no time to test it with Linux.

I think the devs are heavily changing the python API.
Please consider that Frodo is still alpha.

edit:
(@froman: What OS do you use?)
Okay, I saw your home path in the log. Question is needless. Seems to be a problem with the Linux version.

There are a lot of equal errors like: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141967
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Frodo release
For a quick fix please change in resources/lib/MypicsDB.py:

1a) delete
Code:
try:
    import xbmc
    makepath=xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join)
except:
    makepath=os.path.join
1b) insert
Code:
import xbmc
2) change
Code:
BASE_RESOURCE_PATH = makepath( home, "resources" )
to
Code:
BASE_RESOURCE_PATH = join( home, "resources" )

This should work.
Please give feedback.
No log no help.
It worked for me!

Thanks a lot Big Grin
Does it support indexing of video files (i saw it on the settings but i see no video in video folder ...) ?
hi guys i'm using from first release this add-on combined with aeon nox.
i have set a link to my videos through the mypicsdb.
yesterday i noticed that he lost a couple of videos from the list and doubled some others.
i can't find videos of 2011 ad 2012 folders. i have rescanned but without results.
my pictures/videos are divided into years and i scan years by years
any idea? i thought to delete and rescan everything, have you a tip for me?
peppe

i'm on eden and aeon nox 3.6.1
The video bug and a lot of other bugs like the Frodo one are solved but currently not pushed back to XBMC repository.
If you need videos within MyPicsDB then install "Xycl abandoned Dharma Repository" and afterwards MyPicsDB.
It should have version 1.1.8.1
No log no help.
i'm already on 1.1.8.1 but i have the same issues on videos.
i have the "Xycl abandoned Dharma Repository" so i have uninstalled and reinstalled mypicsDB (always 1.1.8.1) but nothing........
peppe
Please check the file extensions of your videos and the MyPicsDB configuration. The configuration contains a list with video file extensions.
No log no help.
(2012-10-24, 10:53)Xycl Wrote: Please check the file extensions of your videos and the MyPicsDB configuration. The configuration contains a list with video file extensions.

already checked......
are mp4 ad the extension is ther from default
the videos are disappeared...... i had videos in my list now they are vanished and others are doubled.
i think i will delete the database and rescan!
could you tell me the file to delete.
grazie
peppe

It's in the database directory where all the other databases are located
No log no help.
deleted the db, rescanned one of the folders with the vanished videos.
now the videos are there.
peppe
ok, i have rescanned every folders and now everything is in his own place.
i have a question, i have planned to update my system to frodo and re-do all from scratch. could i use the same Mypictures.db file or i have to rescan?
thank you
peppe
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1