• 70(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
I am trying to install this add on on my iPad running 11.0. How would I go about this? I have tried using ifile and placing the unzipped addon into var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons but i can not find it anywhere in the xbmc app tonactually use it. Is it hidden or will this not work on the ipad? Thank you.
(2012-09-30, 16:15)xdriver Wrote: I am trying to install this add on on my iPad running 11.0. How would I go about this? I have tried using ifile and placing the unzipped addon into var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons but i can not find it anywhere in the xbmc app tonactually use it. Is it hidden or will this not work on the ipad? Thank you.

This addon only works on Windows and Mac OS X.
Sorry, so is there a zip that has these updated/fixed files -- or are we still waiting on a complete fix?
(2012-10-01, 04:26)eQUIV Wrote: Sorry, so is there a zip that has these updated/fixed files -- or are we still waiting on a complete fix?

I am more than willing to wait for a complete fix. Well, a fix at any rate! Smile XBMC runs all the TVs in my house so to have Netflix working properly is always a big plus. To have it not work for a while is fine though. My PS3 can fill in the gaps for now.
Is it possible that this addon is made for US Netflix only, I am trying to install it and half the movies say they arent available.

I am currently in Canada. If thats the case what do I require to do to make this work in Canada.
I noticed in the last few days after applying these fixes that my instant tv shows stopped working. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a new fix?
Having some issues with this Add-On. After installation, when I try to go into my queue (presumably this will allow me to authorize my Netflix account, correct?) I get a script error and it won't proceed. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Looks like the error in the log is below:
Code:
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\oauth.py", line 148, in from_string
                                                key = params['oauth_token'][0]
05:56:40 T:4764   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=10
05:56:40 T:4764   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=10) failed
05:56:40 T:1148  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
05:56:40 T:1148  NOTICE: ##########################################################
05:56:40 T:1148  NOTICE: Arg1: 0
05:56:40 T:1148  NOTICE: Arg2: ?mode=0
05:56:40 T:1148  NOTICE: Mode: 0
05:56:40 T:1148  NOTICE: ##########################################################
I can't get this add-on to work with Eden 11.0, Win 7. After I installed I was directed to Netflix to verify my account, but after that none of the directories load except the "recommended". None of the movies will play or do anything when I select them though. Also, I now have 2 playercore files. Is this ok, or do I need to combine them? Please help a newb, I'd really like to get Netflix workingSmile
Take a look at this post in an earlier part of this thread. I hope you're up for some hacking.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1198665

(2012-10-06, 13:41)mooncaptain Wrote: Take a look at this post in an earlier part of this thread. I hope you're up for some hacking.

Not working
(2012-10-06, 13:41)mooncaptain Wrote: Take a look at this post in an earlier part of this thread. I hope you're up for some hacking.

What is the best program to open this file? How can I find these lines?
Hi,

I cannot find the way to get this working on Eden on Windows 7 32bits. I Always get Script error!

1. Downloaded and placed plugin.video.xbmcflicks at C:\Users\Jona\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons
2. Created advancedsettings.xml and playercorefactory.xml at C:\Users\Jona\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

playercorefactory.xml :

- <playercorefactory>
- <players>
- <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</filename>
<args>-k "{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
- <rules action="prepend">
<rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="IE" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

advancedsettings.xml:

- <advancedsettings>
- <videoextensions>
<add>.htm</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Here my verbose xbmc.log

http://pastebin.com/axsXanRU

Thanks in advance!
(2012-09-24, 22:35)Svaerke Wrote: Just chiming in to say a big thank you; just as Nedley, I applied your two fixes, and both Instant Movies and Instant TV Shows now work.

The TV shows appeared after the first fix, but did not populate until I applied the second fix. So it seems I experienced the exact same problems other users did, and that your fixes helped me. I have not yet experienced any errors after applying the second fix. I even think the shows populate a lot faster now - but that might be my imagination.

Also, please update this thread if you should manage to (re)build a working add-on - I'd love to try it out! If you need any beta testers, I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks again for your work.

I also applied these fixes and they worked like a charm. Great job and thank you for your time.
(2012-09-24, 20:49)patdavid Wrote: Okay, I've got it solved, but it cost me a bit of time searching and tracing...

Disclaimer: This is a hackish solution to getting TV listings working again. Don't blame me if your TV explodes and you melt things down.

There are two places where you need to modify iqueue.py:

1. First you need to hack a check for the instant availability of your tv show. Find the function that checks for instant availability (this IF statement begins around line 802 in a stock install of xbmc-flicks):
    Code:
    #see if we are filtering for Instant Only Items
        if (instantAvail):
            else:
                #api data will return a string the following regex will parse
                matchIA = re.search(r"delivery_formats': {(.*?instant.*?)}", curQueueItem, re.DOTALL | re.MULTILINE)
                if matchIA:
                    matched = re.search(r"instant", matchIA.group(1))
                    if(not matched):
                        print "Item Filtered Out, it's not viewable instantly: " + curX.Title
                        return curX
                    else:
                        curX.IsInstantAvailable = True
                else:
                    return curX
    See that last "else" statement? We have to suppress the return, and force the addon to say that the show is available for instant streaming...

So replace the very last "return curX" with:
    Code:
    #return curX

The last else statement will now look like this:
    Code:
    else:
        #return curX

I have only tested this in a limited sense, so YMMV.

2. And second we need to fix a URL in a regex later on. Around line 914 you'll find this:
    Code:
    matchAllEpisodesRealID = re.search(r"http://api.netflix.com/catalog/titles/programs/\d{1,15}/(?P<id>\d{1,15})", curXe.TvEpisodeNetflixID, re.DOTALL | re.MULTILINE)

Just change the "api" portion of the URL in the regex so it should look like this:

Code:
    matchAllEpisodesRealID = re.search(r"http://api-public.netflix.com/catalog/titles/programs/\d{1,15}/(?P<id>\d{1,15})", curXe.TvEpisodeNetflixID, re.DOTALL | re.MULTILINE)

A caveat - your episode list for a show will autoexpand to show all the episodes (as opposed to season folders) - still working on that.

Having never programmed in Python before, or written an add-on for XBMC, this was a royal PITA to track down what was happening.

On the other hand, there are a ton of regex's that fekker used (for legacy reasons maybe?) to scrape the data from the API calls to Netflix. Given that most of what is needed to update this addon to something more modern is now available (mainly JSON return objects from netflix calls that should remove the need for any nasty regex building), I think I will just start from scratch (sort of) and rebuild this thing.

Hopefully this hack will hold other users over until I can put something worth using out.

Oh, and let me know if anyone tries this. Hopefully it should work, but if there's problems just get back to me here.

So should my file look like this now?

Code:
#see if we are filtering for Instant Only Items
    if (instantAvail):
        #see if the source is odata, if so, ensure iAvail is set to true (return on fail)
        if(curX.oData):
            if(not curX.iAvail):
                return curX
            else:
        else:
            #api data will return a string the following regex will parse
            matchIA = re.search(r"delivery_formats': {(.*?instant.*?)}", curQueueItem, re.DOTALL | re.MULTILINE)
            if matchIA:
                matched = re.search(r"instant", matchIA.group(1))
                if(not matched):
                    print "Item Filtered Out, it's not viewable instantly: " + curX.Title
                    return curX
                else:
              else:
                  #return curX

Because I get an error upon loading XBMCFlicks with this setting.
Patdavid: Have you figured out how to retrieve more than 150 items from the queue? This script combined with Mylibrary script is awesome, which allows for retriving netflix queue in the xbmc library. Would love to get 30 rock into the library but then we need to do something about the 150 item limit.

Hoping that you are on to it Big Grin

Thanks!
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16