XBMC ignores some of my NFO files
Hi,

I recently installed XBMC on my computer to try it out. I'm planning on getting a JB Apple TV2 with XBMC for my movie collection.

At first I tried having XBMC scrape my entire movie collection (using the default MovieDB scraper). This resulted in a massive number of missing movies in XBMC. So I decided to try creating a couple of NFO files (just containing the imdb url) for a couple of the missing movies and scan again. This time the missing movies was found. So far so good.

Also, a lot of the found movies was totally wrong (wrong title being found - WAY off the correct title). I decided to create nfo files for each of my movies. Having roughly 500 movies I decided to use the "iMDB-ID-Fetcher.0.9.1" script to find all my movies and create a NFO file just containing the imdb url. The script only had problems with 10 movies in total (they were all Danish movies with Danish titles), so I created those myself.

I cleared the library in XBMC and tried once again. This time the result wasn't better than the first time I tried scanning my movie collection. I reviewed some of the movies with problems and checked the NFO file. The file contained the correct URL, but the suggested movie from XBMC was WAY off again.

I then tried installing the IMDB scraper. That didn't help either. This time other movies were causing problems.

I've tried disabling the MovieDB scraper, but again problems.

I've tried running the exact same setup twice and I get different results for some movies! Sometimes a series of movies (eg. the Die Hard collection) is only shown as one movie. When checking the information for the movie, the path is writing as it's stacked (containing the patch to all 4 movies). The next time I run the scan, I might get all 4 movies listed, one more scan and I might get Die Hard (the first) listed twice and then Die Hard 3 and 4 listed as well. This happens for a lot of movies and it seems random what happens each time. Some movies still doesn't get picked up during the scan, but there is a NFO file containing the correct URL for the movie!

I haven't checked the setting that I want my movies grouped - I wanna make sure that all movies are found correctly first.

My movies are located in different folders (genres) on my NAS. All movies are only found one place (one genre per movie) in my setup. Each NFO file has the exact same name as the moviefile itself. In my setup I've checked Scan Recursively and points the scraper to X:/Movies/

Example:
X:/Movies/Action/
Die Hard 1.mkv
Die Hard 1.nfo
Die Hard 2.mkv
Die Hard 2.nfo

Contents of Die Hard 1.nfo:
http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0095016/

Contents of Die Hard 2.nfo:
http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0099423/

What am I doing wrong? Why are some of my NFO files ignored?

I'm using XBMC Eden.
Sounds like you've added a stacking regexp, as by default, those don't stack. Getting rid of anything in advancedsettings.xml that you don't need would be the first starting point.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, I'll look, but the only thing I've done is installing XBMC and adding the IMDB scraper.
Nope, my advancedsettings.xml only contains:

<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>.html</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

What should I look for next?
I've found that XBMC sometimes ignores NFO files named"movie.nfo". I've got a couple of movies where I had to name the NFO file MoveiFileNameMinusExtension.NFO for it to be read.

For example, if the movie file is named "AnimalHouse.mkv", you'd name the NFO file "AnimalHouse.NFO"

All my NFO files are called by the filename minus the extension.

I just checked ALL my NFO files and corrected the few errors in URLs and tried again. This time all movies was found.

But, still a some movies are stacked! It's:

Back To The Future
Die Hard
Harry Potter
The Godfather

How can I get rid of this annoying stacking?
(2012-10-09, 19:47)GomezAddams Wrote: I've found that XBMC sometimes ignores NFO files named"movie.nfo". I've got a couple of movies where I had to name the NFO file MoveiFileNameMinusExtension.NFO for it to be read.

For example, if the movie file is named "AnimalHouse.mkv", you'd name the NFO file "AnimalHouse.NFO"

For XBMC to read NFO files named movie.nfo you MUST have your scraper for that source configured with the option 'movies are in folders that match the movie title'
(2012-10-09, 21:28)andefeldt Wrote: All my NFO files are called by the filename minus the extension.

I just checked ALL my NFO files and corrected the few errors in URLs and tried again. This time all movies was found.

But, still a some movies are stacked! It's:

Back To The Future
Die Hard
Harry Potter
The Godfather

How can I get rid of this annoying stacking?

How are you naming your movie titles? Or are you actually referring to them being added to 'Sets'? There is an option in the XBMC settings to not show movies in Sets.
Ah, that's probably what it is - good work gabbott!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I haven't told XBMC to show movies in Sets. Also, I haven't clicked the "Stack" option in the contents menu (the menu on the left side of the screen).

Maybe it's the naming of the movies.

Die Hard is named:

Die Hard_1.mkv
Die Hard_2.mkv
Die Hard_3.mkv
Die Hard_4.mkv

I have more movies with titles like this, and they aren't stacked.

Harry Potter, Back to the Future and Godfather are named like

Back To The Future - Part 1.mkv
Back To The Future - Part 2.mkv
Back To The Future - Part 3.mkv

So I would (to some extend) understand why they are stacked. But Die Hard doesn't make sense to me.

Also, since I haven't told XBMC to stack files I don't understand why some are still stacked, no matter what their filename is. I would love to disable all stacking...
You should name them something that doesn't adhere to XBMCs default stacking matching expressions, I think the Die Hard naming convention you used would also apply. What about adding the year of movie release to the file name? That would solve your issue as well as make scraper matching more accurate.

Edit: although I see that jmarshall mentioned earlier that your Die Hard naming convention shouldn't stack, and if you havent used anything in advancedsettings.xml for stacking then that is strange. I'd still suggest adding the year to the filename, rescan them and then see what happens.
I'll retry renaming the files that stack. I have more movies with titles like the Die Hard movies and they don't stack. I seriously don't understand this, but hopefully a rename will do the trick.
Ok, I tried renaming the trouble makers and now it's working like a charm.

Thanx for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC ignores some of my NFO files0