• 11(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2012-10-10, 19:33)fernandovg Wrote: Lets make a POLL (Thread poll) to solve this!
how's that sound?

The only solution is to have a PI with more main memory Wink
What about the addition of some swap...? Is memory availability mainly a problem when caching new thumbnails (OMX resource errors etc.)? If so I'd take a hit on thumbnail conversion performance (which should be a fairly rare event once the library has been scanned, etc.) if it means the GUI can be run at native resolution.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2012-10-10, 20:13)MilhouseVH Wrote: What about the addition of some swap...? Is memory availability mainly a problem when caching new thumbnails (OMX resource errors etc.)? If so I'd take a hit on thumbnail conversion performance (which should be a fairly rare event once the library has been scanned, etc.) if it means the GUI can be run at native resolution.

1.) You can't swap GPU memory.
2.) Software image decoding is too slow, you don't wanna have that.
gimli,
can you check this ? what do you think is the problem?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142370
(2012-10-10, 20:29)fernandovg Wrote: gimli,
can you check this ? what do you think is the problem?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142370

That is know and on my ( long ) TODO list.
Is there any issue/bug created at GITHUB about that problem?

(2012-10-10, 20:52)fernandovg Wrote: Is there any issue/bug created at GITHUB about that problem?

Yes, in our trac http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13378
I can't see why the 720p -> 1080p scaling issue can't be toggled on/off in the settings for those who don't want to use it?
(2012-10-10, 21:20)Trixster Wrote: I can't see why the 720p -> 1080p scaling issue can't be toggled on/off in the settings for those who don't want to use it?

But i do. Running out of GPU memory will cuase a lot of strange errors and frustrate users.
It's perhaps more frustrating to not be given the option? Perhaps it could be offered through one of the configuration files and not through the menus, thus only being available to users who don't mind doing a bit of research, tinkering and putting up with instabilities? Just to remove it with no recourse seems a little drastic.
(2012-10-10, 21:36)Trixster Wrote: It's perhaps more frustrating to not be given the option? Perhaps it could be offered through one of the configuration files and not through the menus, thus only being available to users who don't mind doing a bit of research, tinkering and putting up with instabilities? Just to remove it with no recourse seems a little drastic.

1.) You are going to deal with bug reports out of that ?
2.) Embeded is another world. There we have to work with tricks. And this is one of those.
In answer 1) clearly not, however I hardly see that giving users an option is a bad thing, as long as its clearly stated that it's unsupported and may result in unforeseen issues. As regards to 2) well, I'm not a programmer or developer so ill have to take your word for that.
Which is the last build that played 1080p videos at 1080?
(2012-10-10, 21:46)Trixster Wrote: In answer 1) clearly not, however I hardly see that giving users an option is a bad thing, as long as its clearly stated that it's unsupported and may result in unforeseen issues. As regards to 2) well, I'm not a programmer or developer so ill have to take your word for that.
Which is the last build that played 1080p videos at 1080?

When your settings are 1080p then video is player in 1080p, only the GUI is scaled.
Really? In which case I apologise for the cross examination, I've clearly been getting myself mixed up. I thought 1080p videos were being rendered at 720p then upscaled to 1080. My bad.
(2012-10-10, 21:56)Trixster Wrote: Really? In which case I apologise for the cross examination, I've clearly been getting myself mixed up. I thought 1080p videos were being rendered at 720p. My bad.

Maybe i should have mentioned that and say it clear that the GUI scaling only belongs to GUI and not video rendering.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12