• 3(current)
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)
Hi Guys

Some of he commands arent available via JSON just yet. As they get added I will add them to the driver. I have the context menu working in my driver (on my work pc so can't post) but you have to run the nightlys (or whatever they called now) and it was a very recent addition.

I have been a little slow in development, our Company acquired another big player in our market so I have been writing drivers for the brands that we are taking on. But I will try find some time to update with the latest stuff...
Hi Craig, Brandonj

I've been working on an XBMC driver for control4 and have it working pretty well. I was planning on releasing commercially, but decided it would be too much hassle to market and support.

I believe the code is reasonably stable and works fairly well, and probably has a few things you've not implemented yet. For example it fires events on control4 when you interact with it and it imports movie data from xbmc into control4.

If you want details send me a message and I'll forward on the code.
I am planning to buy a HC-300 on eBay, will I be able to configure it and install the driver myself or would it have to be done by a dealer?
Do you have instructions on how to do this?

I know Linux and I have general programming knowledge so hopefully I should be able to follow even a pretty basic how-to..

Thank-you very much in advance for any help.
(2012-06-19, 12:48)esmadja Wrote: I am planning to buy a HC-300 on eBay, will I be able to configure it and install the driver myself or would it have to be done by a dealer?
Do you have instructions on how to do this?

I know Linux and I have general programming knowledge so hopefully I should be able to follow even a pretty basic how-to..

Thank-you very much in advance for any help.

unless you have a copy of composer Pro which is what the dealers use to program a C4 system you will need to have a dealer come in and install your hc300 and any other drivers (eg.xbmc driver) into your project BUT once it's installed on the project you can use a copy of composer home (which is free) to program various events in your project. PM me if you need anymore info as I am a C4 programmer
Hello everybody, great work on these two drivers. I am having a problem on getting these drivers to work for me. Both drivers show that the xbmc is online, but they cannot control the system. I put in the ip address, set the ports and nothing. I am xbmc 11, and c4 1.7. Any idea would be greatly appreciated.
You can ignore my last post, I was able to it working. I restarted the apple tv and everything is now fine. I will be testing both as time goes on, I am so happy that you two are willing to share your hard work with us for free. You have made my day, week, month. Keep up the hard work and I will be watching this thread for future updates.
I was wondering if there has been an update to either of these drivers? Keep up the good work everyone, the drivers are great so far.
I haven't given up on the driver, I just haven't had the time. Well actually I intended on updating the driver this last weekend but couldn't get the controller I brought home from work working on my home network (I didn't try very hard). I will get to it one day...
Thank you for the update, I am looking forward to your next update.
Hey, been playing with this, seems pretty neat and definitely works (using craigs driver)

i had one issue though, when i hit "get movie list" it basically does nothing and terminates my connection, all further commands dont work unless i refresh the ip/port or something. not sure whats going on here or what "get movie list" is supposed to do.
Hey

i picked this up as well when i was playing around with the driver again. i think something in JSON changed. i am playing around with importing the movies from XBMC info C4. I havent quite got it there. the biggest challenge i have is that the JSON stuff is still being created and changing all the time. i will check all the functions and re-post an updated driver at some point...
(2012-10-11, 07:22)Craig P Wrote: Hey

i picked this up as well when i was playing around with the driver again. i think something in JSON changed. i am playing around with importing the movies from XBMC info C4. I havent quite got it there. the biggest challenge i have is that the JSON stuff is still being created and changing all the time. i will check all the functions and re-post an updated driver at some point...

Great to hear!

Running XBMC 11 on ATV2 Controlled from HC250 on 2.2.1
J2N
There is no navigation control when using the search feature on add-nos ie(up,down,left,right.)
When selecting the Play Trailer option from movie info; once the trailer is selected and starts playing I lose all control until the trailer is fished. ie (I cant stop, pause or cancel the trailer).
Hey altcool

I cant even use the arrow keys on my pc in the add-on search mode, sounds like an XBMC bug to me... I didnt get a chance to check the trailers...

-----

For everyone following this. I have the driver almost there for when they release Frodo but was wondering what commands guys are/want to use the RED, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW, *, #, DVR, GUIDE buttons for. I want to make them assignable but would like to know what people would like to assign them to...

Does everyone agree that the numbers should be % jumps? EG. pressing number 4 would just to 40% on the movie you watching. Or does someone have another use for the numbers that is worth looking at?

I will post my current driver after some feedback...
Hi Craig,

The number buttons could be used for the PVR to change channel. It's not simple, but kind of works. Hopefully when they get a bit further with the PVR stuff that'll work more smoothly. The other thing I use the red/green buttons for is changing profile. I've got xbmc starting up in a kids profile that only shows kids movies, I then have to switch profile to see all movies.
craig, on my current xbmc driver (IR) i'm using "DVR" to bring up the fullscreen option (brings you back to menu with what you are watching in the background, and brings you back to what you are watching if you hit it again) i couldnt find a more appropriate button for that. additionally i am using red/green/blue/yellow to switch profiles for other people in my house, but i wouldnt expect that to be included as these are specific to my system.

i am not using * or # for anything yet, i also use guide for the video menu (the one with the bookmarks options etc), i'm sure you have another button assigned to this, but the 3 different onscreen setting buttons i'm using are guide, info, menu ,as there appears to be 3 different menus you can get to while watching something.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)3