Tvheadend 3.2 beta
@illiac4 just for you (and a couple of other requesters) I've uploaded 3.2beta3 to PPA to include hardy Wink

@beschmid: report on lonelycoder.com/tvheadend

@RageX: unfortunately not, I have asked someone to look at this, but thus far nothing has happened. If it doesn't happen I might add it later, but it won't be until after 3.2.

Adam
since i will probably be using tvheadend and EPG's are specifically mentioned in the OP...does the EPG work with any cable company?

specifically, it mentions service providers in UK, AUT, etc ...but if I use it here in Canada, will it succesfully pull the EPG and I will be able to see what is on schedule on xbmc (well, tvheadend on xbmc)?

also, stupid question...do i need to upgrade to frodo nightlies just to use tvheadend?
I know frodo will have PVR...but what if i don't want the PVR functionality and just want to view my cable tv?

thanks..
(2012-10-12, 13:03)adamsutton Wrote: @illiac4 just for you (and a couple of other requesters) I've uploaded 3.2beta3 to PPA to include hardy Wink

TNX. I have checked and it did not build because of dependency error.
I have one question? Why is libssl needed in TVH and can it be disabled?
I'm asking this because i want to install TVH v3 on Crystalbuntu (AppleTV) which is 8.04 based build and it always gives me this error that it needs libssl1.0.0 or higher which is not available for hardy build.
Thanks Adam. Im just happy to know its on the radar.

Hi. Im currently on Tvheadend 2.12, how do i update to something newer? im running xbmc eden live or xbmcbuntu as I think it's called now.
Look at https://launchpad.net/~adamsutton/+archi...adend-beta - this is Adam's PPA for the beta binaries. Follow the instructions there and you can add this PPA, and after that apt-get update/apt-get upgrade will find the newer versions and install them.
(2012-10-16, 14:26)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Look at https://launchpad.net/~adamsutton/+archi...adend-beta - this is Adam's PPA for the beta binaries. Follow the instructions there and you can add this PPA, and after that apt-get update/apt-get upgrade will find the newer versions and install them.

I've tried that over and over again, but its still showing as 2.12
What do you get if you run apt-show-versions tvheadend from the command line?

Similarly, grep tvheadend /var/log/dpkg.log to see if the apt-get updates have failed for some reason, and also please ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d to show if you have the repository added correctly (so, specifically, there should be a file in that directory called adamsutton-tvheadend-beta-oneiric.list).
Just so you know. The bug you closed on the following site is still a bug in version 3.0. Please take a look at this for the version 3.2.

https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/829
Question 
Hi,

great to know !

.. I'm currently using a special (not the pure lonelycoder) tvheadend version delivered with pulseeight's XBMC PVR packages (http://packages.pulse-eight.net/)..

Are there plans to join the projects ?

Would it at least work to add your PPA and simply upgrade to your version of tvheadend ? Will I loose my settings if I do so ?

Greetz

Lastcoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2012-10-16, 18:48)Prof Yaffle Wrote: What do you get if you run apt-show-versions tvheadend from the command line?

Similarly, grep tvheadend /var/log/dpkg.log to see if the apt-get updates have failed for some reason, and also please ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d to show if you have the repository added correctly (so, specifically, there should be a file in that directory called adamsutton-tvheadend-beta-oneiric.list).

Non of those commands worked for me, i got it updated by grabbing the latest .deb and installing that
So I wonder if you've actually installed a second version in parallel from the .deb, instead of upgrading the version that was there... if you followed the instructions on the web page, you'd have added the PPA to your repositories and then upgraded from there...
(2012-10-18, 14:15)Prof Yaffle Wrote: So I wonder if you've actually installed a second version in parallel from the .deb, instead of upgrading the version that was there... if you followed the instructions on the web page, you'd have added the PPA to your repositories and then upgraded from there...

who knows?? All i know is its working now, all i got to do is get oscam working?
Also why don't all services get mapped when i press map DVB services to channels?
@adamsutton
Maybe you can answer my question.
I have several recordings in XBMC but they all miss channel logo.
I have set channel logo in TVH webinterface and i see them in XBMC.
Is the lack of saving/missing channel icons for recordings a XBMC issue or TVH?
@schumi2004 it sounds like an XBMC UI issue to me. If XBMC shows the channel logos in normal channel list then TVH is clearly sending the relevant info. The only issue is whether the channel link has been lost. This is possible, the way TVH handles these links is prone to failure should you reset your channel line up etc... (though its more likely that you'd just get the wrong images, rather than nothing at all).

Adam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend 3.2 beta0