• 5(current)
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside)
moved some posts to the appropriate thread.
please continue the discussion here :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-10-12, 15:36)`Black Wrote: You need banner.jpg in the tv show folder because the tvdb scraper isn't updated yet. It's working fine for me.
indeed there is an updated scraper that jmarshall did but I have no idea what's the hold up with committing it I guess it break backwards
Hi guys,

just noticed

$INFO[Player.Property(TVShowThumb)] is not showing up anymore in fullscreeninfo ...

Do we still have this property ?
PHP Code:
Player.Art(poster
?

EDIT: No, that doesn't work but raises the question as to what should be used for episodes?

episode fanart = tv show fanart
episode banner = tv show banner
episode poster = tv show poster?
episode thumb = ?
buchabay: Player.Art(TVShowThumb) now - all Player.Property -> Player.Art (properties were only used for art).

Hitcher: Player.Art(thumb|poster|banner) for episode thumb|poster|banner (I'd just use the former).

The tvdb scraper update is available on my github:

https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc-scrapers/downloads

Part of it will be pushed to the repo soon - basically everything except the elimination of the prefer posters setting.

Jezz_X: I can rearrange the scraper to push banners first, but this will be different to how local art is done if no thumb exists but poster+banner exists (in that case we'd use poster first). IMO consistency is probably better.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-10-12, 23:52)jmarshall Wrote: .

Jezz_X: I can rearrange the scraper to push banners first, but this will be different to how local art is done if no thumb exists but poster+banner exists (in that case we'd use poster first). IMO consistency is probably better.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Yeah don't do that I've already changed confluence too compensate for it lol
Does anybody get Player.Art(TVShowThumb) to work? I refreshed all shows using the new tvdb scraper and in the library all is good. Just cant get this one to show up.
And what happened to ListItem.Property(SeasonTHumb) and ListItem.Property(TvShowThumb). Those are useful for displaying posters on episode level. I saw ListItem.Art(poster) is available on episode level, but it doesn't automatically get filled with seasonthumb or tvshow thumb.
I have some glaring issues which are related and or directly unrelated to these additions/improvements, since this was a windows testing of this, I wasn't sure where to post. link to the post here instead. Sorry for the mixup
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1213088
Big_Noid: They're ListItem.Art(tvshowthumb) - there's no season thumb, and hasn't been for some time. Notice, however, that ListItem.Property(tvshowthumb) will grab listitem.art(thumb) without fallbacks to poster/banner so may not be exactly what you are after. Once the cleanups I'm doing go in (there's a PR) I might be able to make all the show level art available to the episode.

ListItem.Art(poster) on the episode will show the poster if an episode has one. They probably shouldn't ever have one, though.

uNiversal: See my reply in your other thread.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-10-13, 23:10)jmarshall Wrote: Big_Noid: They're ListItem.Art(tvshowthumb) - there's no season thumb, and hasn't been for some time. Notice, however, that ListItem.Property(tvshowthumb) will grab listitem.art(thumb) without fallbacks to poster/banner so may not be exactly what you are after. Once the cleanups I'm doing go in (there's a PR) I might be able to make all the show level art available to the episode.

ListItem.Art(poster) on the episode will show the poster if an episode has one. They probably shouldn't ever have one, though.

Would be great to have all artwork available on episode level, but it could also be done that listitem.art(poster) on episode level is filled with season poster if its there or else tvshow poster.
I actually already had tried replacing property with art but it returned empty also. Same with Player.Art(tvshowtumb). I've made sure that listitem.art(thumb) (on both tvshow and episode level) is not empty.
listitem.art(tvshowthumb) should work as long as the show has art set for "thumb" in the database. This is non-trivial to determine, but the safest way is to set the thumb explicitly (to something other than what is set for banner and poster) for the tvshow via the tvshow information dialog.

I think the best thing for listitem.art(poster/banner) for episodes is to just not allow it.

Someone getting poster showing up ?

<texture>$INFO[Player.Art(TVShowThumb)]</texture>

returns empty on my end, tried with latest nightly and updated version of tvdb scraper.

I'm doing something wrong?

Thanx in advance.
Done some testing and you need to update the show info for Player.Art(tvshowthumb) to work.

TV Show level -

Season level -

Episode level -

Fullscreen info -

Episode poster can be set via the Video Info per episode but I think this is simply an oversight and will/should be removed.

Episode level (poster set) -

Fullscreen info (poster set) -

Quick question... how do I have to name local art for movies? movie.tbn and poster.jpg doesn't work anymore, scraper uses online posters.

Edit:
Seems that moviename-poster.jpg is required for Art(poster) and moviename-thumb.jpg for Art(thumb). This is crap imo, why can't simply movie.tbn or poster.jpg scanned to both since they're the same for movies anyway?

Edit2:
Ok, got it now (you actually have to enable "movies are in separate folders..." now) but I think that thumb.jpg should also be set as Art(poster) if no extra poster.jpg is present. I don't want the same image twice.

Edit3:
The more I think about it, the more I wonder why Art(poster) is even available? Why not scratch that and have Art(thumb) only? The prefer poster setting in the tvdb scraper is removed anyway, so Art(thumb) is always poster. No need for Art(poster), it only causes confusion all over again. If I don't get the point, then someone explain it please. Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside)2