• 115(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
pecinko great news, thanks for clarification.

Can you help me with my problem?

I've copied and pasted it into this post below:

I'm using artist slideshow, so that when i'm playing music, and i'm in the "now playing" screen I can see fanart of the currently playing artist in the background.

Looks great, but is there anyway in quartz of making the fanart move? I think some skins call it "animated backgrounds" and some call it "pan & zoom"?
pecinko,

I searched the thread and noticed no one has issues with the Master Lock function. I set up the Master Lock option to lock up Settings, Add-ons, & File Manager. But when I click on Settings, Add-ons, or File Manager, the screen locks up. I don't get the pop up box asking me for my numeric code (or I can't see it). I would have to reboot the apple tv in order to get to get out. This is strange because this function works with the Confluence & PM3.HD skins. I haven't tried it on the ATV2 yet, but I'm having this problem on my ATV1.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
(2012-10-22, 10:45)HiJacK Wrote: pecinko,

I searched the thread and noticed no one has issues with the Master Lock function. I set up the Master Lock option to lock up Settings, Add-ons, & File Manager. But when I click on Settings, Add-ons, or File Manager, the screen locks up. I don't get the pop up box asking me for my numeric code (or I can't see it). I would have to reboot the apple tv in order to get to get out. This is strange because this function works with the Confluence & PM3.HD skins. I haven't tried it on the ATV2 yet, but I'm having this problem on my ATV1.

After messing around with this skin some more last night I discovered that the pop-up box does eventually show up after about 50 seconds. I ran a few tests and each time there is a delay of about 50 seconds before the pop-up box pops up for you to enter your numeric code. I took my stopwatch out and tested my times. Here's what I did:

1. Settings > System > Master Lock
2. Master lock code and settings > Numeric password > entered numeric password (twice)
3. Checked items I wanted to lock > ok
4. Clicked on first item to see if Master Lock dialog box pops up (sometimes it works right away on the first try)
5. Click Menu or exit, then go to the next item that I locked. At first, it seems the screens has locked up & you can't do anything.
6. To get out, I would reboot the ATV, but today, I did some testing and by some dumb luck I had to go to the restroom. When I came back the pop-up box appeared.
7. I decided to exit and try again, but this time I used a stopwatch. It took about 50 seconds before the pop-up box appeared. This seems like a timing issue.

I don't get this issue with the Confluence or PM3.HD skins. This is very strange.

(2012-10-23, 05:25)HiJacK Wrote:

After messing around with this skin some more last night I discovered that the pop-up box does eventually show up after about 50 seconds. I ran a few tests and each time there is a delay of about 50 seconds before the pop-up box pops up for you to enter your numeric code. I took my stopwatch out and tested my times. Here's what I did:

2. Master lock code and settings > Numeric password > entered numeric password (twice)
4. Clicked on first item to see if Master Lock dialog box pops up (sometimes it works right away on the first try)
5. Click Menu or exit, then go to the next item that I locked. At first, it seems the screens has locked up & you can't do anything.
6. To get out, I would reboot the ATV, but today, I did some testing and by some dumb luck I had to go to the restroom. When I came back the pop-up box appeared.
7. I decided to exit and try again, but this time I used a stopwatch. It took about 50 seconds before the pop-up box appeared. This seems like a timing issue.

I don't get this issue with the Confluence or PM3.HD skins. This is very strange.

I just finished setting up an ATV2 for a friend and noticed the same issues with the screen freezing and no numeric keypad for at least 40-50 seconds. Another thing I noticed was that on the main menu, if I go to Add-ons > Settings, the screen would lock up for about 3-8 minutes. This was something that I didn't run in my previous test. I really like this skin and hope someone can work out these bugs. I'm also waiting for Fastcolors to release his new ATV style skin.

Hi, could someone please help me.
What changes in which skin.xml I have to do to get random movies and tv-shows in the shelfHuh

Thanks...
(2012-10-24, 08:29)krassest Wrote: Hi, could someone please help me.
What changes in which skin.xml I have to do to get random movies and tv-shows in the shelfHuh

Thanks...

IIRC, it would be in includes-shelf.xml or something like that.
(2012-10-24, 08:29)krassest Wrote: Hi, could someone please help me.

Thanks...

IIRC, it would be in includes-shelf.xml or something like that.
(2012-10-23, 07:17)HiJacK Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 05:25)HiJacK Wrote:

I just finished setting up an ATV2 for a friend and noticed the same issues with the screen freezing and no numeric keypad for at least 40-50 seconds. Another thing I noticed was that on the main menu, if I go to Add-ons > Settings, the screen would lock up for about 3-8 minutes. This was something that I didn't run in my previous test. I really like this skin and hope someone can work out these bugs. I'm also waiting for Fastcolors to release his new ATV style skin.

All runs just fine with Eden release. Either something changed in nightlies or there is a bug in XBMC.
(2012-10-19, 01:23)thebearnecessit Wrote: pecinko great news, thanks for clarification.

Can you help me with my problem?

I've copied and pasted it into this post below:

I'm using artist slideshow, so that when i'm playing music, and i'm in the "now playing" screen I can see fanart of the currently playing artist in the background.

Looks great, but is there anyway in quartz of making the fanart move? I think some skins call it "animated backgrounds" and some call it "pan & zoom"?

I don't like animated stuff much. You could try copy pasting the code from other skins.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I gave this skin a whirl with my Pivos (XBMC-Linux Beta 100912) the other day and had the same issues as HiJacK. Very slow delays, crashes, etc... It looks like a very nice alternative to Confluence but it has some issues on newer builds. I had no issues with an Openelec 2.0 system however.
Running Quartz with the latest Frodo nightlies on ATV2 will freeze xbmc when a video was playing and the subtitle script had been launched during that video. The freeze happens when the video is either stopped from remote or plays to end. I find this reproducable and went through a lot of troubleshooting to pinpoint Quartz as the culprit. Basically what happens is that in debug log only keystrokes are recorded but they dont result in any actions anymore. This is not happening with Confluence, so it must be related to some skinning mechanism I think.
(2012-11-01, 14:23)odt_x Wrote: Running Quartz with the latest Frodo nightlies on ATV2 will freeze xbmc when a video was playing and the subtitle script had been launched during that video. The freeze happens when the video is either stopped from remote or plays to end. I find this reproducable and went through a lot of troubleshooting to pinpoint Quartz as the culprit. Basically what happens is that in debug log only keystrokes are recorded but they dont result in any actions anymore. This is not happening with Confluence, so it must be related to some skinning mechanism I think.

Sorry to hear that but since a lot has been changed in preFrodo regarding skinning it probably should be expected. It might as well be a bug in Xbmc - hard to tell without logs that could be examined by some of the developers.

I will be sticking with Eden for a while until I find some time to update the skin for Frodo.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-11-01, 20:23)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-11-01, 14:23)odt_x Wrote: Running Quartz with the latest Frodo nightlies on ATV2 will freeze xbmc when a video was playing and the subtitle script had been launched during that video. The freeze happens when the video is either stopped from remote or plays to end. I find this reproducable and went through a lot of troubleshooting to pinpoint Quartz as the culprit. Basically what happens is that in debug log only keystrokes are recorded but they dont result in any actions anymore. This is not happening with Confluence, so it must be related to some skinning mechanism I think.

Sorry to hear that but since a lot has been changed in preFrodo regarding skinning it probably should be expected. It might as well be a bug in Xbmc - hard to tell without logs that could be examined by some of the developers.

I will be sticking with Eden for a while until I find some time to update the skin for Frodo.

Thanks for your reply, I didnt really know where to post about this. I will have to check if this is related to ATV2 only and if it doesnt happen on any other platform go to the IOS forum with the debug logs.
Is it just me? I can't seem to figure out where to set the MusicPlayingFanart setting (to enable artist slideshow) without manually editing the guisettings.xml.
(2012-11-02, 19:15)newatv2user Wrote: Is it just me? I can't seem to figure out where to set the MusicPlayingFanart setting (to enable artist slideshow) without manually editing the guisettings.xml.

Enable fanart in MusicPlaying window (OSD, settings) and slideshow will start automatically, provided you have artist slideshow addon installed Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Cool. Thanks.
Firstly, thanks Pecinko for a great skin.
I'm new to these forums but have been tinkering with XBMC for a little while. I've just installed raspbmc on a new raspberry pi, and am using Quartz as my preferred skin. The interface looks great, but I've been noticing some weird performance.

The CPU jumps up to basically 100% when idle on the home screen. It's fine when in the general TV show or Movie pages, but for some reason it on the home screen it thrashes the CPU. It seems isolated to Quartz aswell, as the cpu idles fine in Confluence and even Quartz Reloaded. I'm stumped as to why this might be, Quartz is such a minimal skin, there's no flashy graphics or rss feeds...

It doesn't seem to be an isolated problem either, having been reported by others: http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...pi-100-cpu, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1151595, and in the comments http://youresuchageek.blogspot.com.au/20...ec-on.html.

Any ideas as to why this may be? Is it a problem with Raspbmc, or with the skin? Any help out there would be greatly appreciated, I'm also happy to supply more info if need be.

Nate
(2012-11-03, 04:04)nateshea Wrote: Firstly, thanks Pecinko for a great skin.
I'm new to these forums but have been tinkering with XBMC for a little while. I've just installed raspbmc on a new raspberry pi, and am using Quartz as my preferred skin. The interface looks great, but I've been noticing some weird performance.

The CPU jumps up to basically 100% when idle on the home screen. It's fine when in the general TV show or Movie pages, but for some reason it on the home screen it thrashes the CPU. It seems isolated to Quartz aswell, as the cpu idles fine in Confluence and even Quartz Reloaded. I'm stumped as to why this might be, Quartz is such a minimal skin, there's no flashy graphics or rss feeds...

It doesn't seem to be an isolated problem either, having been reported by others: http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...pi-100-cpu, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1151595, and in the comments http://youresuchageek.blogspot.com.au/20...ec-on.html.

Any ideas as to why this may be? Is it a problem with Raspbmc, or with the skin? Any help out there would be greatly appreciated, I'm also happy to supply more info if need be.

Nate

Nate, it could be number of things, but it most probably is not skin related.

If you disabled rss and recently added and load is still high I would try asking in Rpi support forum.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12