• 22(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2012-10-23, 19:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: No, this option has nothing to do with video playback.

I don't know if a fix is planned (or even possible) for the grey frames. The problem when seeking is the lack of key frames - when one finally comes along, the whole image is corrected. Maybe omxplayer should only seek from key frame to key frame, assuming that is even possible.

Would be good way to fix it.
Who changes/update/fix the omxplayer?
(2012-10-23, 19:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 19:14)MilhouseVH Wrote: <fanartheight>540</fanartheight>
<thumbsize>256</thumbsize>
I have a feeling these aren't being respected. That's worth looking into. Possibly they are only acted on when storoing images to Textures*db. Perhaps we need to apply those limits on initial decode.

At the moment, with the most recent builds (since r12089, maybe r12195) the thumbnails are being resized incorreclty - from 1000x1500 to 1008x720, so no, XBMC isn't respecting the thumbsize (I believe Raspbmc has the same problem).

(2012-10-23, 19:49)popcornmix Wrote: After you've produced a successful Texture*db cache with the 384M GPU split, is browsing reliable after rebooting with 128M?

No, browsing a pre-populated texture cache with 128MB GPU RAM is not reliable.

I am seeing black rectangles where thumbnails should be, and there are OMX errors in XBMC log (see here for example, with debug enabled).

Here's a vcdbg reloc (pastebin) grabbed while browsing Movies - 10 movie thumbnails on screen, three of them black rectangles (fanart is also failing to display - it too just displays as a black background).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2012-10-22, 22:32)tha_lode Wrote: Also when slideshow was running many pictures were lowres or had the wrong aspectratio. I see others have had the same problem, but I haven't found a fix.

I never had problems with lowres pictures, but I also suffer from irregularly stretched photos (being originally 3648x2736, 4:3 in size): All Portrait mode pictures are stretched in Y, all landscape mode pictures in X direction by a factor of approx. 1.4. See these two example "screenshots": portrait, landscape. Thumbnails most of the time are affected, too. Everything else (gui, video) is fine.

Don't know exactly when this started to happen; I'm on r12220 currently, it was ok in r12015. Display is a TV at 1920x1080 via hdmi. The scaling error does not occur if I attach my RPi to a 1280x1024 LCD monitor.

Regards,
Heinz

I see r12253 is online, time to play
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Too bad, photos still out of shape after upgrading to r12253.
i;m still using the 10/11 build cause i prefer to use the android remote, but this issue i have been facing since quite a few days

whenever i reboot my pi, it just wont show the gui ...

i gotta go in delete the guisettings.xml and den reboot and do the settings all over again, wht is happening here?
(2012-10-16, 20:57)Tom. Wrote:
(2012-10-16, 18:35)kindrudekid Wrote: Image

I cannot seem to get XBMC Remote for Android working after the 10/08/2012 Build ?

this is the error i get!

I've made a fork of the official app and got it pretty much fully functional again using json rpc. You can download an apk here, but you'll need to uninstall the official app first as the certificates won't match

tried it still same screenshot error
try Yatse, it is free and it is on the playstore
(2012-10-24, 02:45)kindrudekid Wrote: tried it still same screenshot error

I think you need to clear your phones cache and reboot. A couple of other people had a similar problem and it eventually fixed itself (see here)
for me on my arc s this new remote work's
Build r12256 with GUI 1080p

http://netload.in/dateiI4lIWGWr9b/OpenEL...ar.bz2.htm

Update Instruction:

http://openelec.tv/installation/updating

After update, please delete guisettings.xml and reboot Rpi.

EXPERIMENTAL VERSION. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!. NO SUPPORT FROM XBMC TEAM!!.

(2012-10-23, 20:12)MilhouseVH Wrote: No, browsing a pre-populated texture cache with 128MB GPU RAM is not reliable.
I am seeing black rectangles where thumbnails should be, and there are OMX errors in XBMC log (see here for example, with debug enabled).

Can you try adding these to advancedsettings?
<fanartres>512</fanartres>
<imageres>256</imageres>

(or possibly every smaller values) to see if they fix the problem on 256M board.
Results for 256MB board:

Pre-cached cache (loaded by 512MB board with 384MB GPU RAM):
fanart=512, imageres=256: "insufficient resources"
fanart=416, imageres=208: "insufficient resources"

Cleared cache (rm -fr Database/Textures13.db Thumbnails and reboot)

Even with a cleared cache, fanart=256 and imageres=128, still I had "insufficient resources" errors.

To confirm the settings had an effect, I've just looked at jpg's in the Thumbnails folder (created with fanart=256, imageres=128) and fanart has been crunched down to 240x128, and thumbnails are a mixture of 192x128 and 128x128). I've also got DDS versions.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2012-10-24, 20:35)MilhouseVH Wrote: Results for 256MB board:

Pre-cached cache (loaded by 512MB board with 384MB GPU RAM):

Cleared cache (rm -fr Database/Textures13.db Thumbnails and reboot)

Even with a cleared cache, fanart=256 and imageres=128, still I had "insufficient resources" errors.

Post your advancedsettings.xml and which dist you use ?
(2012-10-24, 20:37)gimli Wrote: Post your advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>0</loglevel>

<splash>false</splash>
  <showexitbutton>false</showexitbutton>

<!-- Following at request of popcornmix -->
<fanartres>256</fanartres>
<imageres>128</imageres>
<!-- End popcornmix -->

<gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
    <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
    <visualizedirtyregions>off</visualizedirtyregions>
  </gui>

<samba>
    <clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
  </samba>

<videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>freenas2-jail</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>freenas2-jail</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://masterprofile/sources.xml</from>
      <to>smb://xxx:xxx@freenas2/.xbmc/sources.xml</to>
      </substitute>

<substitute>
      <from>special://masterprofile/addon_data/</from>
      <to>smb://xxx:xxx@freenas2/.xbmc/addon_data/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>

</advancedsettings>

(2012-10-24, 20:37)gimli Wrote: and which dist you use ?

OpenELEC r12224
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12