• 66(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
(2012-09-25, 22:46)Balthazar Wrote:
(2012-09-23, 22:33)fldc Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 22:02)Balthazar Wrote: I would be more interested in finding out if there has been any work to move this to a binary add-on? I've had to abandon it since xvba support was more important in my case than Spotify integration. I couldn't figure out how to merge the two projects, so I've been stuck missing all of the Spotify features I love. I do hope it happens someday.

https://github.com/fldc/spotyxbmc2/commits/master

I did this quick merge, it contains spotyxbmc2/master, fernetmenta/master and xbmc/master, fernetmenta contains xvba and vdpau rewrite. Big Grin

This tree uses libspotify12, so no radio, those commits can easily be reverted though, but this fixes random crashes xbmc suffers from while playing video here. Big Grin

Sweet! Thanks fldc. I'll give this a go in the near future. I can deal with no radio if that is all that's missing.

Update: Big-up fldc! Complied perfectly. Now I have my xvba support and Spotify! Everything is working perfectly. Thanks again.

On a side note, if you wouldn't mind a quick walk-through of how you managed to merge the three projects I would appreciate the knowledge. I had been trying to merge just two projects for several weeks with no luck. I don't think this thread would be the right place for a Github tutorial, but maybe a separate thread in the off-topic section? Just an idea Tongue
Hi,
Compiled and everything seems to be working fine. Able to browse and search music.

But at the end of playing a spotify song, xbmc freezes. Quite strange because logs are still being written from spotify. One error is however produced:
20:11:39.609 E [ap:4172] ChannelError(0, 1, playlist)

I'm running ubuntu 12.04, x86_64.

Any idéa what this can be? Compiling the akezeke works (using libspotify10).
(2012-10-02, 22:28)tisse Wrote: Hi,
Compiled and everything seems to be working fine. Able to browse and search music.

But at the end of playing a spotify song, xbmc freezes. Quite strange because logs are still being written from spotify. One error is however produced:
20:11:39.609 E [ap:4172] ChannelError(0, 1, playlist)

I'm running ubuntu 12.04, x86_64.

Any idéa what this can be? Compiling the akezeke works (using libspotify10).

tisse: I'm having the same problem, just never got around to reporting it. If you figure out how to fix it please post back. Hopefully once Frodo is stable someone will pick up work on this again.
Hi, I'm new here.

I used the instructions from the start post (https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.) to install xbmc with spotyxbmc.
My guess is the problem has something to do with the appkey.h file, beceasue this is named in the errors.
But I placed it in bothe the home/../xbmc (which is the dir i cloned the git file too) and in the home/../xbmc/xbmc (which was build when cloning)

The following errors occur @ make:
Code:
spotyXBMC/session/../../../../appkey.h:1:1: error: âncludeâ does not name a type
spotyXBMC/session/../../../../appkey.h:26:37: error: âg_appkeyâ was not declared in this scope
spotyXBMC/session/Session.cpp: In member function âbool addon_music_spotify::Session::connect()â:
spotyXBMC/session/Session.cpp:89:32: error: âg_appkeyâ was not declared in this scope
spotyXBMC/session/Session.cpp:77:13: warning: unused variable âversionâ [-Wunused-variable]
make[1]: *** [spotyXBMC/session/Session.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/music/music.a] Error 2

I'm running it on:
Code:
$ uname -a
Linux jw-htpc 3.2.0-32-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 26 21:33:09 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'm not completely new to ubuntu, but if more information is required please tell me how to get it.

Thx in advance.

(2012-10-16, 22:54)Hertogjw Wrote: I used the instructions from the start post (https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.) to install xbmc with spotyxbmc.
My guess is the problem has something to do with the appkey.h file, beceasue this is named in the errors.
But I placed it in bothe the home/../xbmc (which is the dir i cloned the git file too) and in the home/../xbmc/xbmc (which was build when cloning)

I'm not completely new to ubuntu, but if more information is required please tell me how to get it.

Thx in advance.

When you clone git, you should get a folder names spotyXBMC in the folder you are in when using the git clone command.

If you're unsure where to put appkey.h, I would recommend that you write: (Because appkey.h is supposed to be in the same folder as Readme.md)
# find / -iname readme.md
and simply copy appkey.h to $path/ where $path/readme.md

However, if your harddrive(s) is/are big, that could take a while. appkey.h is supposed to be in the folder you are standing in when running ./bootstrap ./configure make && make install.

On another note, when running through the install yesterday, I found that I was missing a dependency when running the ./configure.
Turned out to be libtinyxml, so for anyone running into the same problem (ltinyxml... no), simply do
# apt-get install libtinyxml
and run again

Hope it was of some help
... I have to say extremely good work there, I've just compiled it after a week of head scratching and using the wrong libspotify version.

Works an absolute treat, and the audio just seems so much 'punchier' than the when listening to MP3s or FLACs.

A tip of the cap to you kind sir!
Is this project dead now?
(2012-10-28, 13:57)[Ad0] Wrote: Is this project dead now?

Good question - akezeke hasn't logged in to the forums since March, but the current Spotyxbmc master on Github was created over the summer. I am running Windows with Frodo Alpha2 + spotify, but it would be great to hear from one of the people behind the code (Tompen?) whether or not we should look forward to Spotyxbmc for the final Frodo.

A question for the technical minded: Is it possible to take the current version of Spotyxbmc https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2 and integrate the current October-version of XBMC?
(2012-10-28, 22:25)StefanK Wrote: A question for the technical minded: Is it possible to take the current version of Spotyxbmc https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2 and integrate the current October-version of XBMC?

I will do that. I used to maintain an xbmc-pvr + spotify fork. I will now ditch that and use xbmc mainline + spotyxbmc merge until it gets active again. I will publish this on github and get back to you here.
(2012-10-28, 22:29)[Ad0] Wrote: I will publish this on github and get back to you here.

That sounds excellent, I can't wait Big Grin
(2012-10-29, 07:44)StefanK Wrote: That sounds excellent, I can't wait Big Grin

I have successfully merged spotify into mainline XBMC on my HTPC, and I played a couple of songs and it seems to work.
I have to prepare a rep on github, or else I can give you the diff on the commit. It's so time consuming to upload the fork Smile

UPDATE: I think I made it. did some remote trickery, and changed remotes. Hope it works! https://github.com/emilm/spotyxbmc2-updated

Please notify me if you find errors and such, and if I am behind, and you want me to merge and push again Smile
Download in proces Sleepy following the guide originally posted by Gr8rtek http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid882046.

Only change seems to be in point 6. Command should be: git clone git://github.com/emilm/spotyxbmc2-updated.git

It will be 48 hours before I am done with this, I will look into the result during the weekend.
(2012-11-01, 00:30)StefanK Wrote: Download in proces Sleepy following the guide originally posted by Gr8rtek http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid882046.

Only change seems to be in point 6. Command should be: git clone git://github.com/emilm/spotyxbmc2-updated.git

It will be 48 hours before I am done with this, I will look into the result during the weekend.

Ooops... I certainly hope it works, and that I have not wasted your time... what you can do, is to copy a local repository of xbmc on your hard drive, and swap out the remotes with mine. Then you will only get the differences from that and mine.

(2012-10-31, 23:03)[Ad0] Wrote: Please notify me if you find errors and such, and if I am behind, and you want me to merge and push again Smile
Thanks for your work and effort. Smile

Trying to bootstrap your merge on an Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64bit box and seem to get a lot of issues with carriage returns. I did get a bunch of errors with akezeke's build but a simple "find . -type f -exec dos2unix {} +" to change all files in all folders to unix format seems to have fixed that and his build is working fine.

At the moment your build gets stuck when bootstraping lib/libdvd/libdvdnav with the following output..

Code:
autoreconf: Entering directory `lib/libdvd/libdvdnav'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: running: libtoolize --install --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./config.guess'
libtoolize: copying file `./config.sub'
libtoolize: copying file `./install-sh'
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
configure.ac:22: installing `./missing'
examples/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
autoreconf: Leaving directory `lib/libdvd/libdvdnav'
~$

Strangely I have looked over quite a few pages of this thread and haven't noticed anyone else going on about carriage returns. Undecided Maybe it's just me?
(2012-11-01, 00:33)[Ad0] Wrote: Ooops... I certainly hope it works, and that I have not wasted your time...

Don't worry about the 48 hours - I was out of town :-)
However, it doesn't seem to work!

When I get to opening XBMC for Windows.sln with Visual C++ Express the program reads these 2 lines:

C:\Users\Ste\dev\spotyxbmc2-updated\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj.filters : warning : Unable to read the filters file "XBMC.vcxproj.filters". Please unload the project "XBMC.vcxproj" to be able to edit it.
C:\Users\Ste\dev\spotyxbmc2-updated\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj.filters(2619,11): The project file could not be loaded. The 'ItemGroup' start tag on line 287 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'ClCompile'. Line 2619, position 11.

The builds fails, ========== Build: 38 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

I really don't understand any of building and compiling, I am just following Gr8rtek's instructions for Windows... Can anyone else make it work for Windows?
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10