Streaming using XBMC \ NAS
Hi,

Do i need to install any plugin or is XBMC on its on capable of streaming movies (mkv format) from my Nas box?

Also will it pick up the movie sheets \ movie info?

Is there a how to or any help for how to do this..

Thanks
Sam
No plugin required, yes it can stream movies from your NAS (that's how I do it).

It will pickup the movie sheets, etc. from the movie titles coming from the NAS.

You will have to setup your NAS so that XBMC can access the directory you are storing your movies in, but beyond that, it is very simple. There are posts in the wiki that take you through all those steps. Do a little digging around in the wiki, and if you can't find the answers, post back and I'll see what I can do to point you in the right direction.
See these wiki page for starters: File_sharing (wiki) and SMB (wiki)
Thanks guys, i have it semi working..

Have added the media to the library and it seems to be ok..though i am testing - so added a new movie to the smb share.

am still looking \ reading wiki..but if someone can speed this up for me..i can maybe watch a movie tonight... ;-)
I also cant seem to get the 6 Contextual menu up...?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library
nope i cant seem to figure out how to remove a smb share from the library...

anyone?
(2012-10-29, 22:41)samuk Wrote: I also cant seem to get the 6 Contextual menu up...?
Press "c" on keyboard or click right mouse button to open the context menu for the selected item.

(2012-10-29, 23:10)samuk Wrote: nope i cant seem to figure out how to remove a smb share from the library...
Videos > Files and highlight the entry for your SMB share. Open its context menu (see answer above) and select "Remove source".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming using XBMC \ NAS0