• 2(current)
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types
i remember the "tvtime" addon, this addon is pseudotv with mods, and you can add online channels, this is a old addon, but in his time works, maybe you can take a look
Can't believe this topic isn't picking up steam... angrycamel great work adding hdhomerun support!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Still can't get this to work. I can generate the files but when I launch his fork of Psuedo TV it says no video files found.

I would donate to the cause to get this working. It would create the ULTIMATE HTPC experience while SLASHING the cable bill.
(2012-11-08, 18:46)XvMMvX Wrote: Still can't get this to work. I can generate the files but when I launch his fork of Psuedo TV it says no video files found.

I would donate to the cause to get this working. It would create the ULTIMATE HTPC experience while SLASHING the cable bill.

Not sure what you are doing wrong... it's pretty straight forward...
I personally suggest starting with a clean settings2.xml (remove old one and let ptv generate a new file).
Then manually edit it using notepad++... you will need your strm files that was created by HDHomerun setup...
here is an example of my setup... I'm running two rules with it so that I can name the channel, and force it to reset everyday (helps keep xmltv in sync).

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I60159.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="hdhomerun://XXXXXXXXX-0/tuner0?channel=qam256:399000000&program=2" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="4734" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="NY1 Live" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_opt_1" value="1" />
I dont know what is different on your script but it is now working!!!!! I have more tweaking to do but I have a HD Homerun stream mixed with a movie channel from My content.

Thanks!!!!!!
Well I am back so soon... I have gotten it to work but have two issues that halt me form implementation.

1. It seems that it hangs most of the time when loading the XMLTV file, I do not know what to do here.

2. If and when it does load ( I general have to go in and create some BS channel from my content to kick in) the TV guide information does not line up with the correct time.

I am back to not sure where to go from here.
Double check:
1 - that you are using the correct xmltv listing name for the channel you want
2 - that ptv is set to automatically update channels
3 - that your system time is correct
4 - that your xmltv grabber is configured properly and that the correct time zone is being used...

If I was you... I would, Like I mentioned before start from scratch, manually edit settings2.xml and I would only build one channel until you worked out the bugs... then add the rest of your live channels... then when that's working add your regular ptv channels...

Also make sure you are using eden ptv isn't working in frodo...

UPDATE - Could be my added rule to update the channel daily? I noticed some xmltv data out of sync
Lunatixz,

Thank you so much for all of your help so far. I can get the channels working somewhat consistantlyit seems but when I load ptv it finds the current time and then will set the EPG to START the current program, this results in the EPG being way off. I hope I am explaining it correctly.

For example:

The time is 6:43pm, on FOX they are showing a re-run of the simpsons. The time marker will be at 6:43, but instead of loading the EPG correctly it loads it in a fasion that The Simpsons is just starting at 6:43 and it should be showing about half way through.

I am missing a setting somewhere, any idea?
Any help solving my last issue would be greatly appreciated!!!!
(2012-11-21, 18:59)XvMMvX Wrote: Any help solving my last issue would be greatly appreciated!!!!

replace all your <setting id="Channel_X_time" value="XXXX" /> with <setting id="Channel_X_time" value="" />
select rebuild option in ptv and should work...
Once again thanks for the reply!

I have tried every setting imaginable and it keeps reverting to starting the current program when I open PTV. This throws everything off and causes it not to line up correctly. Below is a channel from the settings2 file. I have set it like you mentioned about, and all it does is add a time value into the place that I have left blank.

<setting id="Channel_26_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_26_1" value="I9.10667.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_26_2" value="hdhomerun://XXXXXXXX-0/tuner0?channel=auto:26&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_26_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_26_time" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_26_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_26_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_26_rule_1_opt_1" value="FOX" />

I have the setttings set to Real Time for channel times at startup and everytime for time between channel resets. Like I said above I have changed every single one of these settings to every imaginable combination and it keeps doing the same thing.

Thanks!
I've gotten busy and haven't had a chance to follow up on all of these threads. I will try to take advantage of some of the free time over this holiday to get back to some of you. Sorry for the delay.
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I've been doing a lot of debugging tonight trying to work through issues with the EPG not displaying correctly as mentioned above. It's better than it was with 4 channels, but when I added 20, it starting crapping out again. I have fixed a couple issues though, so make sure to get the latest from GitHub.

There is something up with the EPGWindow.py code where it calculates the buttons required in the setButtons method. If anyone wants to take a look, I'd appreciate the help. See around line 291 of the latest commit.

I have it jumping out (line 347) after the number of shows in the playlist for now because it was looping forever for some reason. But that's messing up the refine value and causing a 1000+ iteration in the code below that. It's too late to figure it out tonight, so I'm gonna sleep on it.

Ps - the hdhomerun stream builder app has a feature to automatically configure the settings2.xml file based on the selected favorite channels. I've been using it all night for testing and it works fine. It will build the custom xmltv file as well and drop it in the same directory as the settings2 file. I use it right now as a quick way to refresh everything during testing, as the xmltv gets too old.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Rob,

Thanks for continuing to work on this awesome project!

I tried the latest build and my EPG still loads incorrectly. As I mentioned above it takes the show that is currently airing and displays it as it is starting now, instead of the correct time.

I have tried everything. Look forward to trying more builds later. Thanks again!
Ya I putsed around with it for a while this weekend inbetween family time but I didn't make it much better, so I won't commit again just yet. I'll work on it more as time permits.

If there are any developers out there that want to take a look at it, things would go a lot faster. I have young kids and a busy job that takes a lot of my time.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types2