• 116(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Very nice skin! Fits perfectly on my ATV 2.

I love the customization options, but there is one option that I would love to have in the "Shelf" customization menu. Under movies and TV Shows it would be very cool if the Shelf could be auto populated with random movies/TV Shows (maybe episodes) instead of Just the recently added ones.

Just an idea :-)

*edit* just saw that you could do this by Tweaking one of the .xml files. That's great. An option in the menu would be easier though :-)

*2nd edit* Have looked at the xml files and I'm seriously lost! Which do I need to look in and what do I need to change in order to get random movies? Please help me :-)
0. THE best/fastest skin I used on AppleTV 2 by now (and I have used them all!)
1. Would be nice to be possible to take off the XBMC (settings, off, ...) from the base home line and put it somewhere up or down in the corner so only when you need it to be accessed.
2. I'm sure that there is guide for this but how to populate the HOME menu with my links? Like [CARTOONS], [LIVE], [CONCERTS] buttons and add backgrounds and icons to them?
3. This looks like the old AppleTV 2 dashboard, and would be nice if you make it like the new one, with the icons. Additionally, would be the best to be able to choose the new or the old ATV look!

Best regards,
S@
Hi,

great skin, works fine on my ATV2. The only thing i want to change is the font size for the listing which is displayed in the Navi-X plugin that i use. Compared to other skins it is hard to read this with Quartz, i want to make the font a bit bigger. I have attached 2 screenshots which do explain what i mean, one is taken from the XTV skin and the other one from the Quartz skin.

I thought that it can be configured in the plugin but Navi-X uses the skin fonts. Unfortunately i have no idea where to change this. Can somebody please help me ?

angryjack
Apple-TV2 with JB 4.2.1, XBMC Eden with Quartz skin
(2012-11-05, 22:15)angryjack Wrote: Hi,

great skin, works fine on my ATV2. The only thing i want to change is the font size for the listing which is displayed in the Navi-X plugin that i use. Compared to other skins it is hard to read this with Quartz, i want to make the font a bit bigger. I have attached 2 screenshots which do explain what i mean, one is taken from the XTV skin and the other one from the Quartz skin.

I thought that it can be configured in the plugin but Navi-X uses the skin fonts. Unfortunately i have no idea where to change this. Can somebody please help me ?
angryjack,

You need to find the skins font.xml file (in skins 1080i sub dir in quartz case, 720p sub dir in the case of xTV-SAF) and change the <size> tag value to something bigger. I'm pretty sure you will need to change the size of font13 (remember because quartz is a 1080i sized skin value will need to be 50% bigger than 720p sized skin).

Now the warning. Pecinko has layed out his skin with the size of fonts that he set in mind, while you might be able to increase the size a little before you see problems, I really don't think you will have a lot of change before you start to mess other things up.
Your mileage will vary.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Thanks for your reply Wyrm but that does not seem to be the solution. I've edited the font.xml file and increased the size of font13 but nothing changes... :-(

Btw, i'm testing on my notebook, not on my ATV2. Could that be the reason ?

angryjack

EDIT: I had searched the wrong section in font.xml and now it works !!! Smile Original value was 22, i changed it to 32. Thanks again !

Code:
        <font>
            <name>listi</name>
            <filename>Arial.ttf</filename>
            <size>32</size>
        </font>
Apple-TV2 with JB 4.2.1, XBMC Eden with Quartz skin
I'm trying to get the xbmc logo onto all of my shelfs in the home menu.

I got the logo from here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2845737/XBMCHomeLogo.png

but unfortunately it sits way at the back of the shelf so doesn't look half as nice.

anyone point me in the right direction of how to figure this out?
Any tutorial how to populate the Home window with custom category? I want to add Cartoons and Concerts. Please point me to right direction.

S@
(2012-11-10, 09:58)skullmonkey Wrote: Any tutorial how to populate the Home window with custom category? I want to add Cartoons and Concerts. Please point me to right direction.

S@

They could be added as submenu item under Movies and Music, if that suits you.
(2012-11-10, 05:04)thebearnecessit Wrote: I'm trying to get the xbmc logo onto all of my shelfs in the home menu.

I got the logo from here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2845737/XBMCHomeLogo.png

but unfortunately it sits way at the back of the shelf so doesn't look half as nice.

anyone point me in the right direction of how to figure this out?

For best results, make logo an rectangle and align it vertically according to your needs.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I don't have the software to do that I don't think. And I dn't know how to do it. Could I use microsoft paint that comes with windows xp in order to make it a rectangle?

Or is there a copy of the logo somewhere that is the same as the one that the skin uses?

thanks for replying btw.
(2012-11-10, 09:58)skullmonkey Wrote: Any tutorial how to populate the Home window with custom category? I want to add Cartoons and Concerts. Please point me to right direction.

S@

You can rename one or two of the existing categories (seetings/skin/home menu customizer). My Categories are as follows for example

Movie Stuff
TV Stuff
Music Stuff
Favourites

You could have

Movies
TV Shows
Cartoons
Concerts

then underneath cartoons you just add some of your cartoons into the favourites and that means you can them add them in underneath your cartoons categories.

PM me or reply here if you get stuck.
pecinko, do you use PseudoTV at all?

The reason I ask is because there are a couple of minor problems when using PseudoTV with Quartz.

When watching PseudoTV the only way to come out of it is to press "Escape" button, but members of my family etc are used to pressing "stop" on the remote. When they press stop or backspace then xbmc crashes.

Have you come across this issue before? Any ideas? (ps. i think it's skin specific because pressing stop seems to work fine in confluence)

here's my log incase it's of any use http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14210

Just realised some extra info: it seems like it's just the home screen menu that gets stuck rather than a real crash because the "s" button still works and all my on-screen harmony remote buttons work fine like my button for music albums, and my button for tv shows.

Would still like to figure out why the menu freezes though because wife and kids will be stuck.
(2012-11-11, 03:40)thebearnecessit Wrote: pecinko, do you use PseudoTV at all?

No, I don't use it but I see a lot of script errors and warnings in your log.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-11-11, 10:44)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 03:40)thebearnecessit Wrote: pecinko, do you use PseudoTV at all?

No, I don't use it but I see a lot of script errors and warnings in your log.

Yeah I noticed that myself when I was cutting and pasting the log. i've played with it a lot over the last year (adding and removing addon's, manually deleting them sometimes, editing xml etc), Sorry to go of topic, but do you think i should just bite the bullet and do a fresh install of xbmc to get rid of these errors?

on the bright side the backup button has started exiting psuedotv properly now, so its just the stop (x) button that causes the home menu to freeze.

I wonder if there is any way I can disable the stop button when pseudotv is running. I'll ask over on the PseudoTV thread now that I think about it, that's probably the correct place for this question.
Hi,

I'm using quartz on my raspbmc flavor of xbmc. It's working nicely apart from one strange behavior: when I favorite a smart playlist which contains my series, and use it as a submenu in the home screen, it opens with zero entry.

However, when I open the playlist from the favorites menu on the home screen, it is working nicely with several entries.

Where should I dig more indepth to solve this issue?

Thanx
(2012-11-11, 21:35)damcha Wrote: Hi,

I'm using quartz on my raspbmc flavor of xbmc. It's working nicely apart from one strange behavior: when I favorite a smart playlist which contains my series, and use it as a submenu in the home screen, it opens with zero entry.

However, when I open the playlist from the favorites menu on the home screen, it is working nicely with several entries.

Where should I dig more indepth to solve this issue?

Thanx

Lets start with debug log.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12