• 12(current)
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon
http://pastebin.com/LkMF9g7q

Thanks again and thanks for looking at my log. I hope I did it right and didn't paste too much. I enabled debug and then with as few keystrokes as I could I re-created the issue, and yes Frontline failed.

Hopefully you'll be able to see what's going on.

Hulu is OK but actually there is way more content on your add-on for PBS, They have 34 episodes while your has over 100 I think. Netflix would actually interest me more, but would use Hulu I guess but not as much. I looked at the forum post you sent and holy cow that looks complicated. I'm a noob and on top of it a Mac noob. I tried to install the Bluecop repository and couldn't figure it out. I clicked open from zip but then it just has 2 directories and neither one is what xmbc wants I guess. But I have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me and hopefully my log will reveal something.

Sorry to be such a know-nothing

dudeman
(2012-10-14, 00:30)the_dudeman Wrote: http://pastebin.com/LkMF9g7q

Thanks again and thanks for looking at my log. I hope I did it right and didn't paste too much. I enabled debug and then with as few keystrokes as I could I re-created the issue, and yes Frontline failed.

Hopefully you'll be able to see what's going on.

Hulu is OK but actually there is way more content on your add-on for PBS, They have 34 episodes while your has over 100 I think. Netflix would actually interest me more, but would use Hulu I guess but not as much. I looked at the forum post you sent and holy cow that looks complicated. I'm a noob and on top of it a Mac noob. I tried to install the Bluecop repository and couldn't figure it out. I clicked open from zip but then it just has 2 directories and neither one is what xmbc wants I guess. But I have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me and hopefully my log will reveal something.

Sorry to be such a know-nothing

dudeman

You are getting this error:
Code:
URLError: <urlopen error timed out>

Since the addon is working on my end, I assume something is wrong with your network connection. This is a common error if you enabled proxy settings or if you're behind a firewall. Recently, did you make any changes to your network, proxy settings, or firewall (security software)?

To install addons or repos from zip, read this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...l_from_zip
Yes I saw that in the log but wasn't sure if this was the only problem. No my network hasn't changed and have no proxy. It is just a straight up generic wireless connection, pretty much plug and play settings.

Ironically, Frontline worked last night. But after seeing this error in the log. I decided to pay closer attention and now it's apparent that if it takes more than a couple of seconds to open, it's going to fail.

Can this timeout be adjusted?

Also, I noticed that some episodes and the quality during playback of some episodes varies. Does this depend on the episode or is there a setting I should change in either the addon or in xbmc itself?

I looked at the link for installing from zip and I think what's happening is Safari is unzipping the file already. When I choose install from zip, it doesn't list the zip file, it lists a couple of folders. I'll look up how to resolve this.

dudeman
Oh, btw, and off topic. Do you have any planes for fixing your National Geographic add-on? I love that channel possibly even more than PBS. xbmc lists it as broken.

dudeman
(2012-10-14, 20:05)the_dudeman Wrote: Yes I saw that in the log but wasn't sure if this was the only problem. No my network hasn't changed and have no proxy. It is just a straight up generic wireless connection, pretty much plug and play settings.

Ironically, Frontline worked last night. But after seeing this error in the log. I decided to pay closer attention and now it's apparent that if it takes more than a couple of seconds to open, it's going to fail.

Can this timeout be adjusted?

Also, I noticed that some episodes and the quality during playback of some episodes varies. Does this depend on the episode or is there a setting I should change in either the addon or in xbmc itself?

I looked at the link for installing from zip and I think what's happening is Safari is unzipping the file already. When I choose install from zip, it doesn't list the zip file, it lists a couple of folders. I'll look up how to resolve this.

dudeman

Based off the log, it looks like you're timing out after 10 seconds. That's weird because by default, it shouldn't timeout.

Can you create another log and track how many seconds after clicking on FRONTLINE before you get an error?

Also run speedtest.net and tell me your connection results.

If you didn't figure out Safari, switch to Google Chrome.

(2012-10-15, 23:56)the_dudeman Wrote: Oh, btw, and off topic. Do you have any planes for fixing your National Geographic add-on? I love that channel possibly even more than PBS. xbmc lists it as broken.

dudeman

Yes.
I can't play anything. It looks like the stream URLs are being answered with embedded HTML. Here's a pastebin for when I try to play a NewsHour program (NOVA gives similar output). Any help would be appreciated.
(2012-11-11, 17:12)SorryGoFish Wrote: I can't play anything. It looks like the stream URLs are being answered with embedded HTML. Here's a pastebin for when I try to play a NewsHour program (NOVA gives similar output). Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 111 (Connection refused)

Are you running behind a proxy or did you recently change any firewall settings?

This user had the same issue and the problem was resolved by opening port 1935.

btw, that same video plays fine on my end.
Well developer I don't see any repo or link for your addon for downloading. Further wanna know that whether the contents of your addon are geoblocked? can we watch the PBS content outside USA/UK, thanks.
(2012-11-11, 20:12)Gull Wrote: Well developer I don't see any repo or link for your addon for downloading.

Available in the default XBMC.org repository: System/Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Video Add-ons > PBS
(2012-11-11, 20:12)Gull Wrote: Well developer I don't see any repo or link for your addon for downloading. Further wanna know that whether the contents of your addon are geoblocked? can we watch the PBS content outside USA/UK, thanks.

Sorry. I believe the content is geo-blocked. I just tried playing a video with a UK proxy and got a message that "This content is unavailable...". I've been meaning to add a notification warning users outside of USA.

Can you play the videos from here?
http://video.pbs.org/
(2012-11-11, 21:49)stacked Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 20:12)Gull Wrote: Well developer I don't see any repo or link for your addon for downloading. Further wanna know that whether the contents of your addon are geoblocked? can we watch the PBS content outside USA/UK, thanks.

Sorry. I believe the content is geo-blocked. I just tried playing a video with a UK proxy and got a message that "This content is unavailable...". I've been meaning to add a notification warning users outside of USA.

Can you play the videos from here?
http://video.pbs.org/

The video screen do appears but neither the video plays nor give me any error message for not playing the same video due to geoblocking.
(2012-11-11, 19:20)stacked Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 17:12)SorryGoFish Wrote: I can't play anything. It looks like the stream URLs are being answered with embedded HTML. Here's a pastebin for when I try to play a NewsHour program (NOVA gives similar output). Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 111 (Connection refused)

Are you running behind a proxy or did you recently change any firewall settings?

This user had the same issue and the problem was resolved by opening port 1935.

btw, that same video plays fine on my end.

You win. PGL was blocking the request for some reason. Thanks so much.
I now get freezes, as captured in this error log. While frozen, XBMC is unresponsive (as if the plugin is blocking UI). If it ever recovers, the video is quite corrupt.

Is this due to my low bandwidth, or something I can try to fix (with your help)?

My searches return a bunch of things related to VDPAU, and other issues, but I don't have any problem watching videos generally. Has anybody encountered this? I'll keep googling for now.

Thanks again.
(2012-11-14, 03:26)SorryGoFish Wrote: I now get freezes, as captured in this error log. While frozen, XBMC is unresponsive (as if the plugin is blocking UI). If it ever recovers, the video is quite corrupt.

Is this due to my low bandwidth, or something I can try to fix (with your help)?

My searches return a bunch of things related to VDPAU, and other issues, but I don't have any problem watching videos generally. Has anybody encountered this? I'll keep googling for now.

Thanks again.

I just played that same video and didn't have an issue. Try playing the video again or update XBMC.

Unrelated to above, I'm planning on releasing an update some time this week.

The update will address/add the following issues:
- Restore PBS Kids programs
- Restore missing episodes on some programs
- Automatically play highest video quality available
- Switched from DVDPLAYER to setResolvedUrl/IsPlayable method for video playback. Adds watched and resume capabilities.
- Automatically retry on timeout and connection errors
- Buggalo Error Reporting
- Other minor changes...
Fantastic! Looking forward to the update... it's one of my favorite add-ons.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon2