• 86(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-11-18, 01:06)Katch Wrote: yup first mission before any further testing is to get network and ssh working

have you got wifi and wpa sup working on your end yet?

Yes to wifi, it's just a basic scan and connect procedure for unsecured and WEP networks, but no to WPA, which is my primary, so I'll get back to working on that soon. It might work for you if you make your own configuration, who knows. If you test your configuration manually and let me know what kind of errors you get, it may help.
I see the network-manager backend is present - wouldn't the network-manager addon work for wifi configuring?
When I first tested it, it gave me problems. I didn't try it again after that, so I'll leave it up to you to find out.

I have an MK802 II on its way to me. When that gets here I'll make a similar build for it, but from scratch and with the latest sources. Once that works, It'll just be a matter of applying the right hwpacks for the OE/mk802, and I'll have more debugging control over the current problematic packages.
hmm ok script failed trying to use the network manager

disabling the xbmc deamon results in black screen no console

I wonder if it would be worth looking at the configuration app that OpenELEC uses on the RPi as it has a very basic scripted wifi setup (you tell it the interface type and designation (wlan0 etc) the ssid and encryption type and password) - it sets up the necessary files then starts working on reboot.
(2012-11-18, 01:34)Katch Wrote: hmm ok script failed trying to use the network manager

disabling the xbmc deamon results in black screen no console

I wonder if it would be worth looking at the configuration app that OpenELEC uses on the RPi as it has a very basic scripted wifi setup (you tell it the interface type and designation (wlan0 etc) the ssid and encryption type and password) - it sets up the necessary files then starts working on reboot.

How long did you let it sit at that screen waiting for console? it took me upward of 5 minutes at times.

Do you have a link to some info on that app?
it's a part of the standard OS Settings addon in OpenELEC like the settings addon in RASPBMC

Here we go - this give a bit of info;

http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...orking-101
Ah, I just realized why you aren't seeing a prompt.

Go into /etc/bash.bashrc and comment out the last few lines at the bottom starting with the one that begins with "case"
user / passwd?
root root
lol tried all the defualt passwds from linaro and ubuntu etc etc but didn't think to try that
Ok - no luck getting wpa_supplicant to work yet;

I basically followed this guide to the letter

http://prupert.co.uk/2010/06/25/how-to-c...-line-cli/

iwlist scan works on my interface so the realtek drivers are installed an working ok and if I run wpa_supplicant on the interface it associates and reports a CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTION

it then goes on to have issues

I get

ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid Argument
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECT bssid=myapmacaddr reason=0
wlan2: Association request to driver failed
wlan2: Associated with my:ap:mac:addr

and a few others in a continuous and random fashion.

I never get an IP address but it has once reported a sucessfuly WPA PSK negotiation

hope this is useful in someway...

oh and I also noticed wpa_supplicant won't run in the background -B for some reason.
I'll setup a temporary wep network tomorrow to continue testing.
insomnia = setup wep network and keep on playing...

quick couple of questions;

I've added everything I should need to to /etc/network/interfaces but it doesn't connect on boot - have I overlooked something?

Whats the command to launch xbmc from the command line?
(2012-11-18, 05:55)Katch Wrote: insomnia = setup wep network and keep on playing...

quick couple of questions;

I've added everything I should need to to /etc/network/interfaces but it doesn't connect on boot - have I overlooked something?

Whats the command to launch xbmc from the command line?

You can PM me your interfaces setup (removing names and passphrases) and I'll look it over.

Executing directions are in the release post, CD to /etc and run ./xbmc-watchdog.sh
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto wlan2
iface wlan2 inet dchp
wireless-essid myessid
wireless-mode managed
wireless-key xxremovedxx
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15