Is Weather plus broken on EDEN?
I installed the Weather plus addon, v3.0.1 from the repository, but no matter what location I choose no weather information is displayed.
The addon is not marked as broken, but on its githtub repo the last release (v3.0.1) is pre-EDEN
Also when I had a look at the main.py code the indentation seemed all weird, definitely not "phyton" like
I cant tell you what's going on without some debug.log

The version on Eden repo is 3.0.1 ftp://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/xbmc.org/add...atherplus/

You can try to download the zip and install it from zip removing obviously what you have installed.

I dont use Eden so I cant really test.

The addon-support and development (?) is http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95329

uNi
Try the Weather Underground add-on. I've not had much luck using any of the other weather add-ons.
uNi, I reinstalled the addon

It still does not work. I have the log file and a screenshot, I just don't know how to use the attachment manager to put them in this reply.
I can read the log and I see there were some errors, maybe this can give a clue:

Quote:11:22:47 T:1480 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] _fetch_data : Fetching http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/we...l/ARBA0009
11:22:47 T:3008 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 484, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ilomambo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\main.py", line 619, in _fetch_10day_forecast
forecasts = self.WeatherClient.fetch_10day_forecast()
File "C:\Users\ilomambo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\resources\lib\weather.py", line 89, in fetch_10day_forecast
parser = Forecast10DayParser( htmlSource, self.translate )
File "C:\Users\ilomambo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\resources\lib\weather.py", line 705, in __init__
self._get_forecast( htmlSource )
File "C:\Users\ilomambo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\resources\lib\weather.py", line 719, in _get_forecast
headings = [( heading[0][0], heading[0][1].replace("\n","").replace("\t","").split(" ")[1] + " " + heading[0][1].replace("\n","").replace("\t","").split(" ")[2] )]
IndexError: list index out of range
11:22:49 T:1480 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] _fetch_data : Finishing http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/we...l/ARBA0009 (Elapsed Time : 1.887192 sec.)
11:22:49 T:1480 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] Error!
11:22:49 T:1480 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] Retrying...

I really don't think this is a specfic error in my computer, it a brand new PC, with a fresh WIn7 32bit install and fresh EDEN XBMC install.
yes, weatherplus is broken (and has been for a while)
afaik nobody is working on this addon anymore.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
There you go Big Grin

Its broken needs fixing - but there's no one to fix it.

Use weather undergound like artrafael said.

uNi
OK, got it, it's broken (it should be marked as broken in the repository, how does one goes about doing that?)

Weather underground it is, It is a pretty simple addon.
What I wanted from a weather addon is to see an hour by hour forecast, the only practical info you can get,, which underground does not provide.
When you come to think about it, knowing the max/min of the day does not help very much, neither knowing it is going to rain tomorrow, unless you know about which time it will happen.

(2012-11-21, 18:50)ilomambo Wrote: OK, got it, it's broken (it should be marked as broken in the repository, how does one goes about doing that?)
done, thanx for the reminder
(2012-11-21, 18:50)ilomambo Wrote: Weather underground it is, It is a pretty simple addon.
What I wanted from a weather addon is to see an hour by hour forecast, the only practical info you can get,, which underground does not provide.
When you come to think about it, knowing the max/min of the day does not help very much, neither knowing it is going to rain tomorrow, unless you know about which time it will happen.

weather wunderground has grown a lot since eden.
the one included in frodo provides hourly, 36 hour and weekend forecasts.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
And that's assuming any weather report is actually infallible,.

I think of weather reports like the horoscope in the papers, it could invariably apply to something and mostly it does not.

Let me put it like this, and almost everyone can relate something similar.

Walking down the road, and the other side of road is raining and even pouring down, and the side where your on is dry as a bone...

Hilarious, though if anyone came up with such accurate and reliable to the time it will rain, that they would need a truck to carry money to the bank every day.

To quote the best weather report I ever heard. "If you want to know what the weather is doing, look outside the window"

uNi
Always used the weather addon as a guide only, and it is normally correct!
Like ya say, look out the windows the best option!
uNi, you're funny :-)

But sarcasms aside, (your sarcasm, I meant it when I said you're funny) weather forecast has became quite accurate with the use of supercomputers. That is, if you were to apply the supercomputer's model to the exact place you are. But unfortunately, we do not have one supercomputer each, not yet, maybe in some more years we'll have one. You know how our current computers compare with the onboard computer of the Apollo mission to the moon. I am sure that in the world of tomorrow we'll have exact forecast by the minute, calculated on the fly and personalized for your exact GPS location.
So, for now the forecast is for the weather station in the location you chose. Even so, I've seen different providers give wildly different forecasts.
And, there's one more reason to wait for the final release of Frodo.
Its not that accurate but its your opinion... Not to the time it may rain, that's just silly, super computer of not, no prediction works that well for weather. Its a guideline presuming the patterns hold, all it has to happen is a butterfly fart in china, and it rains in Canary Islands instead of New Jersey.

I wasnt trying to be sarcastic, maybe it just comes out that way... Im not native English typist.

I think the butterfly bit is funny made me chuckle because the weather is that fickle.. ANywho, Eden is about to go down in history and the addon still doesnt work, and until someone that understands pythons does something about it, it will never work.

uNi

(2012-11-21, 19:30)ronie Wrote: weather wunderground has grown a lot since eden.
the one included in frodo provides hourly, 36 hour and weekend forecasts.

Do you know if the Frodo Confluence skin is going to be revised to support those? The beta 1 Confluence still provides only the general info and 10 day forecast. I modded the Frodo skin with the added stuff and posted a note to the Weather Underground thread about how to get the mods.
(2012-11-22, 22:01)pkscuot Wrote: Do you know if the Frodo Confluence skin is going to be revised to support those?
yep, pretty soon:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1829
Thanks. I saw that post in the Weather Underground thread after I posted here. I grabbed the files from your pull request and are using those instead. It'll be much nicer to have the extended weather support as part of the core rather than as a mod. Mahalo!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Weather plus broken on EDEN?0