• 90(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Just wondering, if we install ubuntu onto an MK802 and then compile empatzero's xbmc from source, does that have any chance of working? Or does servili007's build contain something special?

Thanks
(2012-11-25, 23:16)Vaevictus2 Wrote: j1nx has just posted some useful info about gimli and empatzero's efforts to get xbmc running on allwinner. He hass also uploaded images / build instructions

http://j1nx.nl

Will try to build this one as well, j1nx comments indicate there's not much difference between the 2 builds because the same problems exists in both.
More A10/GK802/I.MX6 stuff on my blog
(2012-11-26, 06:21)Xeno43 Wrote: Just wondering, if we install ubuntu onto an MK802 and then compile empatzero's xbmc from source, does that have any chance of working? Or does servili007's build contain something special?

Thanks

I have built from empatzero/rella repo's on ubuntu 12.10 running on the hackberry. This is the basis for servili007 build.
More A10/GK802/I.MX6 stuff on my blog
The structure of the hackberry image i just more usuable, however the version of gimli has the same problem, by testing i had less gliches by watching an HD content. Even seems me that the content is more fluent, the CPU performance also is higher, however its a kind of useable for the basic watching of streams and movies.

The enoying thing is that everybody released the kernel and scripts for 512MB RAM, a lot of us have 1GB wrrr Smile

In case other people encounter the same issue I had, I finally managed to have XBMC running & playing videos on Mele A1000 using j1nx image (rootfs + kernel).

1. To be able to play videos, I had to modify script.bin as follows:

fb0_pixel_sequence = 1
fb0_scaler_mode_enable = 0

XBMC (alpha) is currently optimized for 720p (1280x720) resolution, and I could get up to 12 fps using VGA output with 1024x768 resolution, but the UI is rendered at over 40 fps when the Mele outputs to HDMI @ 720p.

Source for the fix: http://www.j1nx.nl/buildroot-xbmc-on-mel...mment-1244

Tried j1nx's build. It works (boots into XBMC), but I have nothing to control it with. Btw, does anybody know su user and password for this build? I can connect with SSH, but can't log on.
user/pass: root/xbmc

We are trying to set up wireless (that works now with an modded script.bin) and now we testing network-manger for it, an additional image will come soon.
(2012-11-26, 22:35)jtermors Wrote: user/pass: root/xbmc

We are trying to set up wireless (that works now with an modded script.bin) and now we testing network-manger for it, an additional image will come soon.

Thank you. Wired network works, so I'll try to set up lirc, to have something to control XBMC with.
How to mod script.bin? I mean which tools should I use to modify the file?
(2012-11-26, 23:21)irrs Wrote: How to mod script.bin? I mean which tools should I use to modify the file?

I think you should use bin2fex to convert it to text format, edit it, and then use fex2bin to convert it to binary again. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can find how to do that in this topic, few pages earlier.
I'm a linux noob but I did manage to get it servili007 version running on a MK802. However, I have a USB rj45 adapter but it doesn't allow me to see my network. It worked fine when the stick was on android. Can someone very "slowly" explain how I would get the adapter to function? Thanks.
(2012-11-26, 23:21)irrs Wrote: How to mod script.bin? I mean which tools should I use to modify the file?
https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools
rellla
(2012-11-27, 04:39)starsin2000 Wrote: I'm a linux noob but I did manage to get it servili007 version running on a MK802. However, I have a USB rj45 adapter but it doesn't allow me to see my network. It worked fine when the stick was on android. Can someone very "slowly" explain how I would get the adapter to function? Thanks.

1rst of all any idea what kind of vender it is? if you use servili007 build, check if the modules of the ethernet adapter are in /lib/modules/kernel/drivers/net/
then place in /etc/module the right module for this driver.

the rest would go on if you have dhcp on your network Smile
(2012-11-26, 05:06)cnxsoft Wrote: I've tried your build in Smallart U-Host, but the USB mouse and keyboard do not seem to work.

What linux/image you recommend for this device? Just need shell access from WLAN, maybe some basic desktop. Any links to install instructions are also welcome.
(2012-11-28, 17:07)P.Kosunen Wrote:
(2012-11-26, 05:06)cnxsoft Wrote: I've tried your build in Smallart U-Host, but the USB mouse and keyboard do not seem to work.

What linux/image you recommend for this device? Just need shell access from WLAN, maybe some basic desktop. Any links to install instructions are also welcome.

j1nx and Johan have spent some time to provide a Linaro image for Oval Elephant (same as smallart U-Host). I haven't tried it, but you could download the latest image at thttp://www.j1nx.nl/downloads/?did=12.
I think they mainly work on AMLogic now.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15