• 63(current)
Artwork Downloader
I have a dumbass question that I couldn't seem to find....

Read first 3 or 4 pages and last 3 pages of this thread and couldn't find how to run in GUI mode? (I THINK it is gui mode I want?) I looked on the wiki and first post shows what it does, how it works and screen shots but when I run artwork downloader it runs through everything (which is fine) but if I wanted to change something specific (fanart, clearlogo, season poster, etc) I apparently I need GUI mode? I am not even sure...

And if this is true....ahhhhh...how to make it work for a COMPLETE noob.

Using my fast computer as a test, meaning fresh install of Eden yesterday and the default aeon nox as well (meaning the normal/stable versions and I don't know how to find out what versions I have). Only have about 4 movies and 3 tv shows as test before I transfer to my NAS. All movies/Tv shows are in separate folders.

Thanks for helping out a noob like me...

@skyking376

Bring up the infoscreen for a title - press "i" on your keyboard. Press to the right (or left) on the tabs listed - refresh, trailer, etc. - until you come to "Get Artwork". That's where the gui for artwork downloader lives.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I always KNOW it is "pilot error" on my part and it is probably right in my face! Thank you for the info and extremely fast response.

Maybe not the right place for this question but is there some sort of key map/quick keys/shortcuts listed somewhere? If there is, again probably right in my face, but it is REALLY easy to get lost on forums and wiki.

Thanks guys...you guys ROCK!
(2012-11-28, 23:43)skyking376 Wrote: I always KNOW it is "pilot error" on my part and it is probably right in my face! Thank you for the info and extremely fast response.

Maybe not the right place for this question but is there some sort of key map/quick keys/shortcuts listed somewhere? If there is, again probably right in my face, but it is REALLY easy to get lost on forums and wiki.

Thanks guys...you guys ROCK!

keyboard (wiki)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-28, 16:49)sergiocos Wrote: you might wanna try a non official release: here

thx a lot sergiocos. just what i needed. Smile
Any idea why a couple of movies in my library won't look for artwork? They are picked up fine by xbmc and scrape without issue, but artwork downloader will not even search for artwork. If I manually start a scan it just immediately stops. The report just says [Artwork]. I am not at home right now to get more info, just hoping someone might have an idea what is going on.
(2012-11-29, 21:44)dpar Wrote: Any idea why a couple of movies in my library won't look for artwork? They are picked up fine by xbmc and scrape without issue, but artwork downloader will not even search for artwork. If I manually start a scan it just immediately stops. The report just says [Artwork]. I am not at home right now to get more info, just hoping someone might have an idea what is going on.

Not sure what was causing the problem, but I was able to fix it by manually going into the database and removing all information for the two movies. Then I re-added them and artwork downloader worked as it was supposed to. It was really strange since everything looked fine in the database file initially.
running XBMC FRODO beta1
trying to install Aeon skin. but to do that, the guide says i need Artwork downloader.
i am trying to download, artwork downloader system> setting>addons> get addons> programs> artwork downloader
i click to install. all that happens is the download percentage shows 0% for a split second then disappears.
addon never downloads. is there a way around this issue?
scuse me if this is already answer somewhere in this thread ( 94 pages are a lot to read...) but I have an issue with fanart, since I went frodo, I update my movie library but if the poster work fine I can't have fanart, if I do a manual search for one movie it works but I can't do a full fanart download for my library...I'm hoping their is a solution because it will be very long to update each film one by one!
also it work fine with tv show but it didn't retrieve season poster...
do you have an idea?
thanks
cheers
@bakito Have you checked the addon settings?
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
yes I did...check fanart and everything...I try to put "french language" at some point thinking it would be the solution but with this artwork downloader just crash...( had to reset my computer...) so...I'm stuck Sad
Best do a debug log as per first post.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Ok will do!
As soon as I have time right now I m drunk
Cheers
Hi there,

I updated to frodo and at first my images where all messed up. It's a known bug, the workaround was to set the media type to nothing for the folder and set it back to movie/tv show.

I've added a new tv show and I ran artwork downloaded to rescan my complete libary and it found some stuff. Now I went into the new added tv show to see if everything is fine, but in the skin (Neon 2.5.5 GIT) no logo was shown and I went into the NFS share where the tv show was and there were no logo.png and all the stuff I can find in my other tv shows folders I added while I was using Eden.

Is the Artwork Downloader not working correctly with Frodo or is this by design?

If you need a debug.log while I try to load the artwork from GUI (which does a scan of the whole tv shows library btw) I'm happy to make one.
The skin you use has not been made Frodo compatible. You don't need local files anymore since they are stored in database now. Best ask the skin dev to make necessary changes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18