• 38(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
Yeah the audio offset works great like I said workaround is no problem. The receiver issue though has not been touched between builds. But I'll look into it with analog dunno why I had not thought about it.
Is there a way to check how the gpu mem is being used? And is there a limit in XBMC here?
I never got definite answers to this.. :/
(2012-11-27, 17:36)tuxen Wrote: Is there a way to check how the gpu mem is being used? And is there a limit in XBMC here?

Code:
sudo vcdbg reloc
Code:
sudo vcdbg reloc stats

should give info about GPU memory use.
(2012-11-27, 19:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 17:36)tuxen Wrote: Is there a way to check how the gpu mem is being used? And is there a limit in XBMC here?

Code:
sudo vcdbg reloc
Code:
sudo vcdbg reloc stats

should give info about GPU memory use.

Thanks a lot mate.. Much appriciated.
Best rgds tuxen
OE 3.0 Beta 1: Still getting 80-85% CPU usage (according to top) while sat idle at the menu...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Read the post by Ned Scott we are ahead with http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/ (this thread)
I'm heavily overclocked 1050/500/500 +4 force_turbo=1 but rock stable I get 8-16% idle with this release r-pi constantly on unless I need to make/test something ofcause then it's off for a few mins.
(zeroconf and most services off)
(2012-11-27, 17:26)popcornmix Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 17:04)tuxen Wrote: I still have a issue with audio lagging 200ms most people do not notice it but it's there for me. I do not know if it happens on 128MB boards.have not heard any reports though. Please help test!

Almost certainly your receiver. Try with analogue audio to rule that out.

You can select audio offset when playing a video and then select apply to all videos.
Looks like I found something on my end need a little more testing. Thanks for the tip.
Been getting occasional lockups and it freezes becoming completely unresponsive. Tends to right itself in 2 - 5 minutes if left alone. (r12500) (256mb)

Does happen during video playback, any freezing I had before only usually occurred in menus if I was zippity doo darring around.
Could be your sd card is on the way out - what you're describing happened to me until I re-imaged onto another card. The old card is now dead.
OpenElec 3.0 beta 2 is coming.

http://sources.openelec.tv/2.95.2/

(2012-11-28, 13:35)Trixster Wrote: Could be your sd card is on the way out - what you're describing happened to me until I re-imaged onto another card. The old card is now dead.

Cheers I will try different card. (bummer though cause it was a fairly new one)

EDIT Dont think its the card, happens with other card too.

(2012-11-18, 19:45)Wanderlei Wrote: Been having a lot of trouble with SMB shares.

It says 'connection times out' but it dosnt seem to try and connect just instantly says that, about 1 in 10 times it appears to try and the loading circle appears. Other times it will say 'cannot connect to remote server'.

In system info it say its connected and it gets the correct time settings which it wont if there is no connection available.

It is instantly contactable from the windows machine it wont connect to. Sometimes doing this makes it right it self, sometimes it just starts working for no apparent reason.

If I try and add a SMB share while it is like this it says 'Error 2' and wont let me browse for SMB shares, normally with no windows machines on the network you can browse and still see the R-Pi itself called openelec.

Happens with 12381 and r12493, never experienced this before.

Still getting this with r12500.

It seems to slowly creep back. I have clean image of r12500 with my settings, if I revert to it, shares work fine but over time the problem slowly creeps back.

Other devices can use the exact same shares no problem and windows machine can contact the R-Pi.
OpenEles 3.0 beta 2

http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-RPi....2.tar.bz2

Does not seem any charges for r-pi the readme about the update on web says its for others systems, the changelog in .gz2 is excatlt the same as B1. Also quite sure OE betas are not related to frodo betas in anyway

Read back at what Ned Scott wrote about the confusion.
Even though there may not be any changes to the OpenElec OS for r-pi, OE 3.0 B2 uses a newer build of XBMC Frodo so there would be changes which would affect the pi correct?
Correct there should be.. Do you know which build it is? The knowledge will be appriciated. Wink
Nothing on the web..
The scrappers are driving me made again, I do all the scrapping on my PC so they have all the artwork, named correctly, all the required nfo, xml for xbmc and wmc but xbmc scrapper ignores the local info and just goes to the web and grabs everything again and gets alot of stuff wrong or refuses to scrap some content. It so much harder fixing things it scrapped wrong or simply doesn't scrap from inside xbmc.

So much better if xbmc had option to scrap local information and not rely on 3rd party web scrappers. Many people organise media collection on their desktop, we just need xbmc to read the info not gather it again.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12