• 68(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
(2012-11-15, 21:57)StefanK Wrote:
(2012-11-15, 10:39)klikkamongo Wrote: How do you do that? My experience is that airplay don't work with the spotify app(ipad) and that it is random if it shows up when i use it for pictures..
How? Trial and error :-)
I just tried it out again, I have tried so many different things over the last couple of months, so I had to make sure I had not just dreamt about it working. I have two different Windows (7+Vista) laptops running XBMC 12A7+spotify.

I must admit that it is not working absolutely flawless, but I'll share my findings in case some of them could help you. In today's test airplay works just fine on the windows 7 machine. It shows up on the IOS (both iPhone and iPad) and plays when music is thrown at it from either spotify or music library. There seems to be a tendency for XBMC, not during playback, but after the Airplay signal has been sent to another device.

On the windows vista machine it is a little different. At first it didn't show up on the phone. Restarting the computer made it show up. But it did not seem to accept the incoming music - no sound. I tried to restart XBMC and found out that airplay was working fine while still at the loginscreen (which I have active) but not when logged in as either master or regular user.
So I turned the loginscreen off, and now Airplay is working from the home screen. But when I go to the login screen and log in as another user, I get in trouble again. Airplay can still recognize the device, but no sound. Going back to loginscreen or back to original user doesn't help, restart required.

That's how! I hope you get it to work.

Thank you for your information StefanK, I thought audio playback had some DRM issues on Airplay and windows, but looks like these has been figured in the Frodo build.

Now it work flawlessly with xbmc on both my win8 and win7.
1. Just open spotify app on ipad/iphone and play a song,
2. double tap the ipad-button and scroll to the left where you should see the airplay icon.
3. press it and select your xbmc as output source.

Problems:
Cant find the the Airplay symbol on ipad/iphone?
1. Check system->services->airplay in xbmc that Airplay is enabled
2. Reconnect to you wireless network with the ipad/iphone.
3. Restart router and reconnect with computer first, then Ipad/iphone.

I find the icon but the music is not playing
1. Try to send music from the itunes music app.
2. If you here music from ituens, then try Spotify and it works!
(2012-10-31, 23:03)[Ad0] Wrote:
(2012-10-29, 07:44)StefanK Wrote: That sounds excellent, I can't wait Big Grin

I have successfully merged spotify into mainline XBMC on my HTPC, and I played a couple of songs and it seems to work.
I have to prepare a rep on github, or else I can give you the diff on the commit. It's so time consuming to upload the fork Smile

UPDATE: I think I made it. did some remote trickery, and changed remotes. Hope it works! https://github.com/emilm/spotyxbmc2-updated

Please notify me if you find errors and such, and if I am behind, and you want me to merge and push again Smile

Can anyone clarify a couple things for me. I'm using windows xp and would love to have spotify integrated into the music section of xbmc.

Are these statements true?

1. There is no easy exe file available that will allow me to install xbmc 11 with spotify on my windowsxp computer

2. It says on the new github link (posted by AD0) that he is working on making this available. Is that still true ie being worked on?

3. Without that exe file, whats the best way for me to get this working? i used the step by step guide in post 530 a couple years ago and it worked, should i use that guide in post 530 (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid882046) in order to make my own exe but this time use the files from AD0's new version so that it creates an eden 11 version?

please chime in with any comments at all, much appreciated
(2012-12-03, 14:04)thebearnecessit Wrote: Are these statements true?

1. There is no easy exe file available that will allow me to install xbmc 11 with spotify on my windowsxp computer

2. It says on the new github link (posted by AD0) that he is working on making this available. Is that still true ie being worked on?

3. Without that exe file, whats the best way for me to get this working? i used the step by step guide in post 530 a couple years ago and it worked, should i use that guide in post 530 (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid882046) in order to make my own exe but this time use the files from AD0's new version so that it creates an eden 11 version?

1. Correct.
The API key from spotify is personal, I don't really know if anything prevents us from sharing exe-files, since login is per user account, not API. So probably more a legal issue (not less important) than a practical issue.

2. I can't find that quote. But I will rephrase to Ad0: Is there a Frodo Beta + Spotify version on its way, or can we hope for a Frodo Final + Spotify?

3. Yes. I used the instructions from Gr8rtek in post 530.
Since you have tried it before you probably won't get complications. If you do, you might want to check my posts on page 99 and 100 of this thread to see if they correspond, and share your experience, in order for an updated guide to be written.
Hm, I was wondering why the API key needed to be in an own .h file. Can't this be in addon settings instead? Or is that illegal?
1+2 (getting an exe for beginners and noobs etc to intall a version of xbmc that has spotify included & integrated in the music section). Thanks for replying. With regards the quote that i read, i've just re-read it and it seems i picked it up wrong. the quote says "It is now being prepared to be lifted out to a binary addon." halfway down the github page made by AD0 here: https://github.com/emilm/spotyxbmc2-updated.

obviously an exe would be great but an addon would be equally great. Anything that stops me from compiling because it took me over 8 hours last time, and is far far out of reach for most users Smile

NB worth noting i think that StefanK seems to be looking for an exe/addon solution for xbmc v12 aka frodo wheras I'm stuck with xbmc v11 aka eden (old pc) so we're asking for different things Big Grin

3 I think i'll give it a go sometime before christmas because with integration it's just so much better:

a) its better than a separate addon where you cant use xbmc whilst listening to music (like spotyMC).
b) because its much more user friendly for family at christmas.
(2012-12-03, 17:00)[Ad0] Wrote: Hm, I was wondering why the API key needed to be in an own .h file. Can't this be in addon settings instead? Or is that illegal?

That would be an excellent idea. It would still require obtaining a personal API, but all the compiling git thing would be unnecessary. I guess this is the place to ask: https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/apps/

(2012-12-03, 17:33)thebearnecessit Wrote: NB worth noting i think that StefanK seems to be after and exe/addon solution for xbmc v12 aka frodo wheras I'm stuck with xbmc v12 aka eden (old pc) so we're asking fr different things Big Grin

The version you get with Ad0's git is Frodo Alpha 7 IIRC, so we're not that far apart Smile
It is no problem to spread a build with the appkey in it. It is not tied to user credentials in this context.

https://developer.spotify.com/technologi...se-non-us/

Quote:The Application Key must be embedded in your Application, including in all updates and revisions thereto, in a secure manner not accessible by third parties. You agree not to share, transfer or otherwise disclose your Application Key to any other party (it being understood that a group of developers working for the same entity may share the key for purposes of jointly working on the Application) or use it for any other purpose except in connection with the Application you identified when you applied for it.

So in other words - do not publish the key, like in source, but you can distribute the binary as you want, as long as it has spotify branding.
Regarding: It is no problem to spread a build with the appkey in it.
Have you read GPL v2 license?

To be allowed to release a compiled build to the public, you must allow to publish the complete source code that you used when you compiled that build. So you must reveal the spotify appkey (that spotify say that you may not do) and also publish libspotify source code (that we also do not have).
Then the spotify addon already breaks gpl since the .h file is not in the rep. It's above the root directory. Smile
surely someone must have compiled an eden xbmc (with spotify) exe?

would it break any laws for someone to email it to me?
(2012-12-04, 22:02)thebearnecessit Wrote: would it break any laws for someone to email it to me?

It would be against the rules of gmail to attach more than 25 MB.... But I am sure you will get it anyway Smile
I have created a updated merge from mainline (frodo beta2) from akezeke's spotyxbmc here:

https://github.com/NuroPreak/xbmc.git

If xbmc isn't working after compiling and installing please place libspotify.dll in root of xbmc. libspotify.dll is located at root directory of git (where readme etc is also located).

Please note i'm not a really a developer and took me 1.5 evening to get this up and running (zero experience with visual studio etc.) so don't blame me if it isn't working Smile
Nice!

I also updated from mainline yesterday night Smile
does anyone else have these two problems:

1) PROBLEM CLICKING ON ARTISTS IN SEARCH RESULTS: when i search for an artist the results come through fine and everything in the results list works great except for when i click on any artist. xbmc just freezes. when i click on individual tracks, or on albums they all work perfectly.

2) STAR THEN ACCESS THROUGH YOUR OWN LIBRARY: another problem i have is that when i star an item and then try and use it from my library, xbmc freezes again?

i'm using a compiled version that is an xbmc 11 eden beta. maybe that's causing my problem and i need to compile using proper full 11 eden?
hey guys,

it's great to see that people are keeping interested by this plugin. For people who have created a fork of akezeke repository, could you please submit pull request to his repository afterwards? would be useful to keep it in sync.

I merged Frodo beta 2 in https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2 also.

Cheers
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10