• 39(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
Which scraper? imdb works well for me with local content.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
When I checked the settings I only remember seeing that it stated it was the XBMC build as of 11/29/12 (November 29). I don't remember seeing the actual build number sorry. I can check after work. Wink
Information 
I bought a license mpeg2, I use it to watch DVDs in my hard disk.

It works, I can read the vob file, but I have to open a file at a time, and every time I lose the settings for language, subtitle, screen size (16/9, 4/3).

I set it to automatically switch to the next track, this helps, but does not solve the problems I listed.

How can I watch an entire DVD without interruption between the vob file?
(2012-11-28, 13:35)Trixster Wrote: Could be your sd card is on the way out - what you're describing happened to me until I re-imaged onto another card. The old card is now dead.

That reminds me about tips for running an OS like Linux off of a memory chip like a CF. I ran MythTV for about three years with the boot device
being a fast (266) 4GB CF chip. There were sites which suggested minimizing writes to extending the life of the device. This was done
by specifying the option 'noatime' on the f/s mount. I also placed some of the writeable directories (/home, /var) on another HDD as well.

Anyone know if openELEC does something similiar? Or are these newer devices like microSDHC more immune/impervious to writes causing
slow degradation of the memory?
(2012-12-01, 00:49)zanardi Wrote: I bought a license mpeg2, I use it to watch DVDs in my hard disk.

It works, I can read the vob file, but I have to open a file at a time, and every time I lose the settings for language, subtitle, screen size (16/9, 4/3).

I set it to automatically switch to the next track, this helps, but does not solve the problems I listed.

How can I watch an entire DVD without interruption between the vob file?

try ripping to an iso instead of vob, works for me
I think I found a bug in beta2 as I'm pretty sure it was working fine before under the dev builds.

When you watch movie and go to the sound settings I had my movies configured to always play soundtrack 1 as that's usually the AC3 stream. But now it's always starting the DTS tracks which causes stutter as I don't have an amp to the decoding. When I change it back to soundtrack 1 (AC3) and save the settings to apply this to all movies then this isn't working for other movies as it's going back to soundtrack2.

So basically it's not saving my preferences.
(2012-11-30, 16:42)MilhouseVH Wrote: Which scraper? imdb works well for me with local content.

I used the default scrappers. I was gonna try imdb but it was listed as 'broken' in the latest beta when I checked. Some of the ones that were wrong because the year was listed different online to IMDB, 2010 instead 2009, etc

I think the TV scapper searched for local copies because it picked up custom tv shows that I manually created nfos and art for. But I am pretty sure it does do a web search first, then local if it fails. (Not 100% about it though)

Even if the scrappers had an option to do offline or online scraps it would be handy.

I started from scratch completely again for the latest Beta to make sure no bugs were from old upgrades or config files etc, everything completely new. So far so goodSmile

(2012-11-30, 16:43)lowridin_guy Wrote: When I checked the settings I only remember seeing that it stated it was the XBMC build as of 11/29/12 (November 29). I don't remember seeing the actual build number sorry. I can check after work. Wink

Well it seems to use the ram disk system on 512mb boards so it must be pretty new since that was introduced here in r12577.
I am getting mini lock ups on both 256mb boards and 512mb boards, tried different SD cards, also experiencing buffering quite often that only happened very rarely previously. (Latest Beta)
OpenElec 3.0 beta 3

http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-RPi....3.tar.bz2

I got constant freezes with openelec b2.. Hmm set standard clocks and still kept freezing. Tested it roughly one day with around an hour between freezes. 512MB board as said with standard clock.

Went back to r12577 and my overclocking been running 11 hours stable no freezes

I'll try openelec b3 also. Thanks for the link.
(2012-12-04, 12:03)tuxen Wrote: I got constant freezes with openelec b2..

Thanks for posting, man. I was getting disheartened thinking something was wrong with my gear or something.

Gonna try beta 3.

(2012-11-30, 16:28)Wanderlei Wrote: The scrappers are driving me made again, I do all the scrapping on my PC so they have all the artwork, named correctly, all the required nfo, xml for xbmc and wmc but xbmc scrapper ignores the local info and just goes to the web and grabs everything again and gets alot of stuff wrong or refuses to scrap some content. It so much harder fixing things it scrapped wrong or simply doesn't scrap from inside xbmc.

So much better if xbmc had option to scrap local information and not rely on 3rd party web scrappers. Many people organise media collection on their desktop, we just need xbmc to read the info not gather it again.
In earlier versions of XBMC you had to select "Use folder names for lookup" to force the use of local nfo-files (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1160917). I don't know if this is still necessary...

And yes, I totally agree, there really ought to be an option to only use local information rather than this ugly hack... (I haven't tried Frodo yet, so I don't know if it has been "fixed" recently...)
Menu Sounds and Volume Mute not working (not in Beta 3, or any previous builds). Shouldn't these features be working at this point?

The automated update process seems to be working, but two warning messages are displayed during the reboot (not preserving file permissions) as a result of moving the SYSTEM and kernel.img files from ext4 to FAT... using cp and then rm would avoid these messages, which may alarm ordinary users.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2012-12-04, 13:55)MilhouseVH Wrote: Menu Sounds and Volume Mute not working (not in Beta 3, or any previous builds). Shouldn't these features be working at this point?

The automated update process seems to be working, but two warning messages are displayed during the reboot (not preserving file permissions) as a result of moving the SYSTEM and kernel.img files from ext4 to FAT... using cp and then rm would avoid these messages, which may alarm ordinary users.

No AudioEngine -> No GUI Sounds
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12