• 171(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2012-12-08, 07:02)amcfarla Wrote: I cannot see a post with someone getting the error I am getting, when I put my logon information and then hit logon it comes and says "Logon Failed False" on my Mac OS X of Version 12 Beta 2. I went to my windows PC and did my logon for youtube on XBMC and it works fine there, but for some reason not on the Mac. I have removed and reinstalled the plugin and still says the same message. Anyone else having this problem?
(2012-12-08, 07:02)amcfarla Wrote: I cannot see a post with someone getting the error I am getting, when I put my logon information and then hit logon it comes and says "Logon Failed False" on my Mac OS X of Version 12 Beta 2. I went to my windows PC and did my logon for youtube on XBMC and it works fine there, but for some reason not on the Mac. I have removed and reinstalled the plugin and still says the same message. Anyone else having this problem?

ok, once I changed the 'max video quality ' from 1080p to 720p it let me logon, but would not allow a logon for 1080p. Is that normal?

I am though getting this message on my Nexus 7 android version of XBMC with youtube plugin, and was not able to successfully log onto that version.
(2012-12-10, 08:07)doctormo Wrote: Looks like the XBMC Youtube firefox plugin no longer works. Also there is no repository with the code that was used to create it, so updating it is impossible. Might make a new one though.

Does anyone else use the plugin?

http://hg.tobiasussing.dk/hgweb.cgi/youtubexbmc/summary

You'll find the source there, I've stopped using the plugin since I use Yatse and the send to XBMC option on my Android device, it seems a few might be interested though and it's always nice to help the devs if you have got the skills.
I'm getting a login error.

using windows xp, eben beta 1, and youtube plugin 2.9.0

(I'm stuck on this version of xbmc because it's the only xbmc.exe file i can find that has spotify integrated.)

heres my log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=20303

hope someone can have look if possible, much appreciated.
Is the dev of this addon on holidays? Wink
I DON'T DO CABLE.
YouTube version 3.3.0 on XBMC Eden. Installed from XBMC repository.

Initially I was having this issue - http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...tail?id=59

Now it won't let me log in at all. Brings up error message "login failed false"

Here is the log file - http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...5312202300

Please can anybody help?
(2012-12-12, 13:49)Rich Pitchshift Wrote: YouTube version 3.3.0 on XBMC Eden. Installed from XBMC repository.

Initially I was having this issue - http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...tail?id=59

Now it won't let me log in at all. Brings up error message "login failed false"

Here is the log file - http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...5312202300

Please can anybody help?
You need to check the settings - YouTube has changed the login details, you must give your Google Account email address as the username not the the Youtube Username.

Quote:You need to check the settings - YouTube has changed the login details, you must give your Google Account email address as the username not the the Youtube Username.

I am using my gmail address as the login name but I still get the error.

(2012-12-12, 15:13)jackparsons Wrote: You need to check the settings - YouTube has changed the login details, you must give your Google Account email address as the username not the the Youtube Username.
Looking back through this thread it looks like a lot of people need to adjust their plugin settings to prevent login fails.
(2012-12-12, 15:17)jackparsons Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 15:13)jackparsons Wrote: You need to check the settings - YouTube has changed the login details, you must give your Google Account email address as the username not the the Youtube Username.
Looking back through this thread it looks like a lot of people need to adjust their plugin settings to prevent login fails.

Dude, the username as email address was done a long time ago, that's not the problem,
the addon needs to be fixed so people can login. Cool
I DON'T DO CABLE.
To be honest, I had to reinstall it again, got the login false like everyone else. I literally sat there and tried close to 30 times in a row, and finally got a login success. That seems to me that it's having trouble establishing a connection.
Hi I also have the login issue.
Yesterday I installed Frodo and since than it doesn't work anymore.
Before installing Frodo I haven't used the YouTube plugin for almost one weeks.
So it could also stopped working some days before with Eden.
(2012-12-12, 16:03)Pednick Wrote: Dude, the username as email address was done a long time ago, that's not the problem,
At the moment it's still working for me, just switched on the machine... and come to think of it, I don't remember changing it from the Youtube username. It's running right now, 3.3.0 on Linux, Frodo rc1, and so far hasn't choked on login.
(2012-12-13, 00:29)jackparsons Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 16:03)Pednick Wrote: Dude, the username as email address was done a long time ago, that's not the problem,
At the moment it's still working for me, just switched on the machine... and come to think of it, I don't remember changing it from the Youtube username. It's running right now, 3.3.0 on Linux, Frodo rc1, and so far hasn't choked on login.

Try from a freash install with no backup, bet it won't work then.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
(2012-12-12, 19:00)Daemaz Wrote: To be honest, I had to reinstall it again, got the login false like everyone else. I literally sat there and tried close to 30 times in a row, and finally got a login success. That seems to me that it's having trouble establishing a connection.

Same here, after several attempts it got connected and any option of this plugin takes too long to refresh.

(2012-12-13, 19:26)cururu Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 19:00)Daemaz Wrote: To be honest, I had to reinstall it again, got the login false like everyone else. I literally sat there and tried close to 30 times in a row, and finally got a login success. That seems to me that it's having trouble establishing a connection.

Same here, after several attempts it got connected and any option of this plugin takes too long to refresh.

Here to, pressed Enter and clicked like crazy finally login success but we shouldn't have to do that. Cool

Edit: Make a backup copy of your plugin.video.youtube folder located at file:.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/
in case they never fix it.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
  • 171(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28