• 43(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
okay how do i enable Background imagges slideshow for tv an movies

TWIST: the fan art is centralized on a network samba share !!!

also can i set different folders for both movies and tv ?
(2012-12-08, 21:55)hkramski Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 20:45)kindrudekid Wrote: also i hate the sub menu for movies and TV shows , the title/tags/genres etc that shows up in web interface or when broswing and pressing back from list of movies, how do i remove it?

See above.

Regards,
Heinz

See above where? how what?
Read the wiki on how to use XBMC, I think you are barking up the wrong thread. (;
ahhhh sorry

its called Nodes, that would have helped me much faster
Hi, I've been using the latest beta release (2.95.4) and I'm seeing the following. I'm using
a 256M vanilla Rpi - no over cloaking, etc.

1. If I watch anything off of CBSNews the video image is not stretched to the boarders of
my TV. I've tried all the various modes (wide, normal, 4:3, etc) and it seems to be centered
using only half the screen (these are 720p streams).

In passing, RedBullTV which streams 1080p (are there others that do HD) seems fine

2. I've seen on 3 occasions in the span of about 1 hour where the Rpi simply freezes and I
have to reboot the board (well power off, power on). They all occurred when Video was
streaming, no complaints, no screen messages.

Looking for confirmation...

If further data/info is needed let me know what you'd like me to do.

Regards.
Slight CEC problem with LG tv,

At r12015 if you changed input and changed back, it would resume functioning by pressing any button.

From possible r12381 and definitely 12500 onwards you must switch CEC 'simplink; on/off on tv for it to resume functionality.
(2012-12-10, 09:16)tfft Wrote: Hi, I've been using the latest beta release (2.95.4) and I'm seeing the following. I'm using
a 256M vanilla Rpi - no over cloaking, etc.

1. If I watch anything off of CBSNews the video image is not stretched to the boarders of
my TV. I've tried all the various modes (wide, normal, 4:3, etc) and it seems to be centered
using only half the screen (these are 720p streams).

In passing, RedBullTV which streams 1080p (are there others that do HD) seems fine

2. I've seen on 3 occasions in the span of about 1 hour where the Rpi simply freezes and I
have to reboot the board (well power off, power on). They all occurred when Video was
streaming, no complaints, no screen messages.

Looking for confirmation...

If further data/info is needed let me know what you'd like me to do.

Regards.

I have been having the same freezing issue with my 256MB pi using the same version of OE as you.
This same.

Same here. Kept happening when I was using the Hulu app.
Not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm trying to password protect a specific TV series in my library (namely The Sopranos). I read that if I enable the Master Lock then I should get a new option in the configuration menu for the source to lock it. This doesn't happen though. If I enable the Master lock, without checking the lock video window or any other options then all my Movies and TV Series just disappear as though my library is empty. The recently added items are still showing above the menu bar and can be selected and played but if I actually click on TV Series or Movies in the menu bar then I don't see any entries. Is this a bug or am I getting it all wrong? What is the correct way to password protect a video source (using only the GUI preferably)?
Thanks.
Does anyone know if the pi version of openelec will support the AX88178 USB to gigabit ethernet adaptor. Its included in the ATV version so im hoping it will work out the box on the PI to try and get less buffering in high bit rate files
No idea look it up (2 words in google). What I do know is that openELEC3 B5 is released running RC1.
Can we get a small list of changes if we ask nicely sraue? (:
OpenELEC Beta 5/2.95.5 is not booting for me (freshly imaged SD card). I couldn't upgrade from Beta 3 either - again, failure to boot after the files are updated.

I don't get the rainbow screen, just a blank screen with 2-3 flashes of the green LED, then just the red LED remains lit and nothing more happens.

I've checked the MD5 for Beta 5 and I've downloaded it correctly, so the boot failure would suggest duff firmware, or maybe kernel.

Edit: 512MB Pi in case it matters. Same config and SD card boots Beta 3 no problem (I skipped Beta 4).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Automatic updates from within the openELEC settings also works with the betas if you are doing it manually. (;

Anyway I have never bumped into or seen that error. Are you overclocked? If so maybe to high it often manifests itself in different odd ways at updates.
(2012-12-13, 01:34)tuxen Wrote: Automatic updates from within the openELEC settings also works with the betas. (;

Yes, I've tried an automatic update (from B3 to B5) and also a manual download of B5 to create a fresh SD card image. Both failed to boot with Beta 5.

Edit: Beta5 failing to boot seems to be related to my config.txt, which is unchanged for months now:
Code:
gpu_mem=128
gpu_mem_256=128
gpu_mem_512=128

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=600
over_voltage=4
over_voltage_sdram=2

current_limit_override=0x5A000020
force_turbo=1

config_hdmi_boost=7
disable_overscan=1

decode_MPG2=0xddddddd
decode_WVC1=0xeeeeeee

Removed the config.txt and Beta 5 booted like a champ. Can't explain that though.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Beta 5 will not boot on my Pi with sdram_freq=600, although all previous builds (up to Beta 3) have booted fine.

Even with sdram_freq=500, the Pi wouldn't boot - this time giving me the rainbow screen. It seems that sub-500 values for sdram_freq are OK.

There is something not good about this latest firmware (though as I didn't try Beta 4 this sdram_freq anomaly could have been introduced then).
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12