• 45(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2012-12-13, 17:35)yantoucan Wrote: Hey goujam
Do you use Heatsinks on your overclocked RPI?

No there isnt any need as my PI never gets above 60 degrees
(2012-12-13, 17:39)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2012-12-13, 17:32)goujam Wrote: Thanks for your feedback its most helpful, I assumed that it was network speed slowing it down. Why do you think the CPU is at almost 100% all the time? Is it the fact it needs to extract the DTS core from the DTS-MA, If so im sure that if we get the DTS-MA pass thru liecnce this file should play fine.

It also explains the reason why SMB is so terrible at plaing this file due to the extra cpu load.

Yes, the additional ARM CPU processing required to extract the DTS core from DTS-MA will most likely mean that such movies will be choppy over the network (and possibly SD card too) until this workload is transferred to the GPU. Fingers crossed this happens, but obtaining the necessary licences now seems to be the stumbling block.

I thought they may have problems getting DTS-MA liecence, as WDTV have the same problem. They have the TrueHD one fine but DTS wont sell there DTS-MA liecence to a device without a blueray drive. Some how some media player manuafctures have overcome this but if its 100% legit I dont know
(2012-12-13, 17:39)goujam Wrote: I thought they may have problems getting DTS-MA liecence, as WDTV have the same problem. They have the TrueHD one fine but DTS wont sell there DTS-MA liecence to a device without a blueray drive. Some how some media player manuafctures have overcome this but if its 100% legit I dont know

That would be incredibly short sighted of DTS, given the growing interest in streaming (local, and internet) and declining interest in physical media. The only BluRay drive I have (other than the one in the PS3) is in my PC, which I use to rip the disc before streaming to all my players, none of which have drives of any sort (not even HDD!)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2012-12-13, 17:48)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2012-12-13, 17:39)goujam Wrote: I thought they may have problems getting DTS-MA liecence, as WDTV have the same problem. They have the TrueHD one fine but DTS wont sell there DTS-MA liecence to a device without a blueray drive. Some how some media player manuafctures have overcome this but if its 100% legit I dont know

That would be incredibly short sighted of DTS, given the growing interest in streaming (local, and internet) and declining interest in physical media. The only BluRay drive I have (other than the one in the PS3) is in my PC, which I use to rip the disc before streaming to all my players, none of which have drives of any sort (not even HDD!)

The WDTV forum has several threads about it here is one http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-S...216/page/3

I agree if this is true its not very clever from DTS
(2012-12-13, 02:46)MilhouseVH Wrote: Edit: I can boot Beta 5 all the way up to sdram_freq=499, but as soon as I try to use sdram_freq=500 the Pi will fail to boot (2-3 flashes of green LED, then nothing).

This same Pi has been 100% stable with sdram_freq=600 up to and including Beta 3 - something iffy in the post Beta 3 firmware/kernel?

Are you still getting corruption with Beta 5?

Long ago if I overclocked a certain board's gpu by 1 to 251, it would cause corruption first reboot. I thought it was hardware, but now I think the hardware might have actually be fine and it is a firmware issue. I was hoping as firmware matures it might become overclockable but it seems we are going in the opposite direction, lol.

-----

I have been using the un-offical r12669 with the omxplayer fixes, it has been working a treat. The increased buffer has made a decent difference, maybe buffer size could integrated in to gui later down the road, doesn't even have to numbers, something like small, medium, large, extra large, etc.

It has been the best build I have used, runs very fast and stable on a stock 512mb board, faster than old version on a 256mb board with decent overclocking.

The only small thing I notice still wrong with omxplayer is the slight garble of audio in the first second or two when playing files.

Great work, thanks to all the people who work very hard on this projectSmile
Hey everybody

which skin are you mainly using?
(2012-12-14, 15:29)Wanderlei Wrote: Are you still getting corruption with Beta 5?

Long ago if I overclocked a certain board's gpu by 1 to 251, it would cause corruption first reboot. I thought it was hardware, but now I think the hardware might have actually be fine and it is a firmware issue. I was hoping as firmware matures it might become overclockable but it seems we are going in the opposite direction, lol.

Yes, I'm still getting corruption with Beta 5. Earlier in the day I booted Beta 5, left it idle at the menu for a couple of minutes, rebooted the Pi from the XBMC Power menu, and when the Pi came back up the ext4 partition was trashed.

As for overclocking causing corruption, yes I too had a Pi (256MB) that couldn't be overclocked without causing corruption (I've since given it away). However my two 512MB Pis overclock like champions (one of which I use as a "server", the other for testing OpenELEC) and both have proven extremely reliable where SD cards are concerned, which is why I was so surprised (and concerned) to see the sudden onset of SD card corruption with the Betas.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Another 7 fixes for Rpi added to repo Xbmc.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/master

(2012-12-10, 09:16)tfft Wrote: I'm using a 256M vanilla Rpi - no over cloaking, etc (using beta 2.95.4),

1. If I watch anything off of CBSNews the video image is not stretched
to the boarders of my TV. I've tried all the various modes (wide, normal, 4:3,
etc) and it seems to be centered using only half the screen (these are 720p
streams). AlJazeera seems to be fine.

In passing, RedBullTV which streams 1080p (are there others that do HD ?)
seems fine

2. I've seen on 3 occasions in the span of about 1 hour where the Rpi
simply freezes and I have to reboot the board (well power off, power on).
They all occurred when Video was streaming, no complaints, no screen
messages.
A minor/quickie report on 2.95.5.

Both problems 1 and 2 above are still there though the freezing is usually
followed by RPI rebooting itself - these reboots seem to occur much less
frequently now.

I'll add a couple new items to the list above,

3. AirPlay used to work before, now it doesn't and I don't know which
change brought about the problem(s). If I attempt to use AirPlay, I see the
XBMC circling "Working" on the bottom-right of the screen and subsequently
get the following error on the apple device,

An error occurred while connecting to the AirPlay device "XBMC (openelec)".
The network connection timed out.

4. Can support for HFS+ (OSX) be added to openelec in order to be able to
properly mount and view USB drives ?

I currently see no events in /var/log/* when the OSX formatted USB is plugged
even though the LED on the device notes getting power - at a min a dialog
should note the action and note that the drive is not readable or similar.

Can others confirm please.

Thanks.
I can unconfirm no 3. AirPlay works fine here.
What addon do you use to view 1.
2. I think is a known error being worked on.
4. I think you can forget. For now at least.
The download link for newest builds on first post is still the OK ? The Builds there didn't change for Weeks ( r12577 )
Server OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - 2xSatelco EasyWatch-C - streamdev-server git-19.02.15
Client OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - XBMC - Nvidia GT 610 / 331.79
Client Zbox ID84 OpenSuse 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - Nvidia 331.79
(2012-12-15, 18:49)asshep Wrote: The download link for newest builds on first post is still the OK ? The Builds there didn't change for Weeks ( r12577 )

No, the latest development builds can be found at openelec.thestateofme.com.
When i try to load a new skin from a zip file I have the message "dependency not met".
Any help will be welcome.
I use the la openelec build.
(2012-12-15, 18:58)yantoucan Wrote: When i try to load a new skin from a zip file I have the message "dependency not met".

Mentioning the specific skin would help. Is it compatible with the latest Frodo betas?
Any one like Quartz, Slik...
I was reading that s because a script PIL is missing on openelec.
(2012-12-15, 18:58)yantoucan Wrote: When i try to load a new skin from a zip file I have the message "dependency not met".

Refresh the repository would help.

Anyone tested Xperience skin on the Pi?

And what about 1080p/DTS mkv files is this working?
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12