• 82(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
(2012-12-23, 18:55)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 07:46)Geezer32 Wrote: Try to replace this line <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args> with this <args>"{1}"</args> and make sure to un-tick "Full screen windows rather than true full screen" in XBMC....

Tried that with the args, no change I'm afraid. Always comes up with "external player active". I do have "Full screen windows rather than true full screen" ticked as well

thanks
What files are you trying to playback with external player?

Playing HD MVK files. PDVD can play the same file ok outside of XBMC. Also if I change the XML code to point to WMP instead, then it works so the issue seems to be with PDVD12
(2012-12-24, 03:10)Geezer32 Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 18:55)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 07:46)Geezer32 Wrote: Try to replace this line <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args> with this <args>"{1}"</args> and make sure to un-tick "Full screen windows rather than true full screen" in XBMC....

Tried that with the args, no change I'm afraid. Always comes up with "external player active". I do have "Full screen windows rather than true full screen" ticked as well

thanks
What files are you trying to playback with external player?

Playing HD MVK files. PDVD can play the same file ok outside of XBMC. Also if I change the XML code to point to WMP instead, then it works so the issue seems to be with PDVD12
If you only need it for MKV file, the external codes below will be better for it....

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="PowerDVD">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I removed this "</rule>" out of the rule code too....with your original rule "<rule filetypes="*.*" player="PowerDVD">", it'll playback every file using PDVD12 and you'll not be able to playback ISO, BDMV and BD without bat files...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-12-23, 21:31)Skank Wrote: Is there a way , to use an external player like mpc-hc but keep the gui of the xbmc player?
I hate the xbmcplayer cause it has lots of issues but love the nice gui
I hate mpc-hc cause of the gui but i just loves the player cause it plays everything without any issue
Also if i use mpc-hc , i cant use the subtitle addon..

Anyone knows?
Yes you can set MPC-HC as an external player, you need to add MPC as a player in the playercorefactory.xml, and set rules/filetypes you want MPC to play.
(2012-12-24, 10:38)acejh1987 Wrote: Yes you can set MPC-HC as an external player, you need to add MPC as a player in the playercorefactory.xml, and set rules/filetypes you want MPC to play.

Thats not what i asked...
I asked if you can set it as external player but keep the gui of the internal one
(2012-12-24, 10:41)Skank Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 10:38)acejh1987 Wrote: Yes you can set MPC-HC as an external player, you need to add MPC as a player in the playercorefactory.xml, and set rules/filetypes you want MPC to play.

I asked if you can set it as external player but keep the gui of the internal one

You can keep using the GUI of xbmc, just that you lose some functionality when using an external player - overlay GUI on pause, On Screen Display's again on playback, now playing OSD etc, xbmc resume GUI not available (though external player can be set to play from last position). Listing and playing from the library views is still available.

You might want to try DSPlayer fork - not in as active development as it was previously, but from what I can gather the builds are fairly stable. It uses Direct Show filters (mpc-hc renderer, LAV, ffdshow etc). Full GUI functionality though

So with dsplayer i keep the gui when i pause movie etc and can use the subtitles addon and syuff?
And it uses mpc-hc as renderer with lav filters? That would be the bestof 2 worlds!
Isit easy to set up?

Sorry, I misunderstood, I wasn't clear of what parts of the GUI you wanted to keep.
You can use the DSPlayer builds, which will keep the full GUI when paused etc and use LAV Filters and the same renderer as MPC, I'm not sure about the subtitle add on though.
Its easy to setup, it just a custom build of XBMC that you can download and install.
(2012-12-24, 14:56)acejh1987 Wrote:

Sorry, I misunderstood, I wasn't clear of what parts of the GUI you wanted to keep.
You can use the DSPlayer builds, which will keep the full GUI when paused etc and use LAV Filters and the same renderer as MPC, I'm not sure about the subtitle add on though.
Its easy to setup, it just a custom build of XBMC that you can download and install.

So i instead of the official install, i take that install? And thats it?
Link?

(2012-12-24, 17:12)Skank Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 14:56)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 10:41)Skank Wrote: Thats not what i asked...

So i instead of the official install, i take that install? And thats it?
Link?
Not quite as straight forward - requires some user intervention, but this isn't the thread for those question's take it to the DSPlayer thread.
Which is right here Smile
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
I'm using Eden with the Aeon Nox v3.6 Skin. My PowerPoint files are stored in "\Movie Library\Slide Shows".

When I select the Pictures menu, then Slide Shows no pps files are listed. If I put a jpg in there for testing it shows up. And of course since there are no pps files listed I don't know if there is a "Play Using..." content menu option.

So it appears that xbmc is ignoring pps files.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pictureextensions>
    <add>.pps</add>
  </pictureextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="PPTviewer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\pptview.exe</filename>
     <args>/S "{1}"</args>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="pps" filetypes="pps" player="PPTviewer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Hi,
I have set up playercorefacory.xml to launch PDVD12 for 3D files. The problem is that XBMC is now defaulting to this player for everything.

Basically I want it to default to internal DVD for everything *except* for files I have prefixed with 3D in the file name, which may or may not be an ISO.

EG
Files called *.3D.MKV = 3D_Player (PDVD12)
Files Called *3DISO.MKV = ISO_Player.bat (Launches Pdvd12 with clonedrive)

I noticed that the default XML file in Program Files \XBMC\Userdata seemed to get updated with a config for PDVD12 but I deleted this, didn't make any difference/

Hope this all makes sence

Here is my playercorefacory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="3DISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>

<player name="3D_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>

<rule filenames="*3D.mkv" player="3D_Player"/>
<rule filenames="*3DISO.iso" player="3DISO_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Assuming your 3D ISO/MKV files are named like this

Try these rules

<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*_3D.*" player="3D_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_3DISO.*" player="3DISO_Player"/>

If your files are named like this

Then use these rules

<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3D.*" player="3D_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*3DISO.*" player="3DISO_Player"/>
(2013-01-04, 12:16)acejh1987 Wrote: Then use these rules

<rule filetypes="mkv" filename="*_3D.*" player="3D_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" filename="*_3DISO.*" player="3DISO_Player"/>

Thanks very much for the response. I am using the rules as above and it for the most part works now. Only issue is with the _3DISO.iso files, they still open with internal player.
Which is odd because If I go to 'play using..' it says 3D_ISOPlayer(Default) yet it still opens with inbuilt player. Yet If I manually select the 3D_ISOplayer option from the play using menu then it does start with the external player
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11