• 179(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2012-12-29, 10:53)wmansir Wrote: You can get the official 1.4.0 files here : http://hg.tobiasussing.dk/hgweb.cgi/comm...bae7630ede

Click on "zip" to download them in a single zip file, but the folder containing the files will be named commonxbmc-dfbae7630ede instead of script.module.parsedom.

Thanks Man! Downloaded it, renamed it to match "script.module.parsedom", and replaced the old one in xbmc/addons, still getting the script failed error!!
Maybe a separate thread for people trying random actions to fix it?

Also, pleae no more posts like "login does not work, any tip?"

(2012-12-29, 08:41)redux25 Wrote: YouTube plugin stopped working completely. Receive script failed error attempting anything.

Tried to select search, sent several links from chrome add-on etcetra.

xbmc.log in two parts as is too large for pastebin.
Part 1 http://pastebin.ca/2297550
Part 2 http://pastebin.ca/2297554

You Tube plugin installed from repo's

Pertinent part seems to be:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

22:10:11 T:2962910016 NOTICE: [YouTube-3.3.0] __init__ : 'Done'
22:10:11 T:2962910016 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
22:10:11 T:2962910016 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
22:10:11 T:2962910016 ERROR: Error Contents: invalid literal for float(): 11.0 Git:Unknow
22:10:11 T:2962910016 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 107, in <module>
params = common.getParameters(sys.argv[2])
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py", line 110, in getParameters
if getXBMCVersion() >= 12.0:
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py", line 102, in getXBMCVersion
version = float(version)
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 11.0 Git:Unknow
22:10:11 T:2962910016 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hopefully devs can figure out what's up.

Hey, everyone! I ran into the same issue today with my Ubuntu 12.04-running HTPC and Ubuntu's latest stock version of XBMC. Below is a step-by-step walkthrough of how I fixed it. This assumes you're running Ubuntu; other OSes (or perhaps even distributions of GNU/Linux) might have the same files in different locations. See the end of this post for what to do on Windows. Advanced users may want to go directly to the code diff near the end of the post. This fix assumes you have parsedom 1.5. If you've rolled back to parsedom 1.4 you need to restore 1.5 first.

And now for the step-by-step instructions:
  1. Fire up the terminal as the user you run XBMC as (in my case that user's name is "media") or use SSH to get a console on your HTPC.
  2. Input the following command to back up the file we'll need to edit:
    Code:
    cp ~/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py ~/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py.old
  3. Open the file CommonFunctions.py with "nano", a text editor for the terminal. Ubuntu users should already have nano installed.
    Code:
    nano -wc ~/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py
  4. Use the arrow keys to go down to line 102. You'll be able to see the line number at the bottom of your terminal. Line 102 should look like this:
    Code:
    version = float(version)
    only with four spaces in front of it that this forum doesn't seem to show.
  5. Now, edit it to look exactly like below, except for aforementioned four spaces in front:
    Code:
    version = float(version.split()[0])
  6. Press Ctrl+X to quit nano and then "Y" to save the changes.
  7. That's it. Try using the YouTube plug-in again, though you might have to restart XBMC first.
Instead of nano you can use a more user-friendly editor like gedit (Ubuntu and Unity/GNOME or Unity) or pluma (Linux Mint/MATE) if you have either installed. To do so substitute
Code:
nano -wc ~/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py
for
Code:
gedit ~/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py
or
Code:
pluma ~/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py

Now, for those of you who are more technically inclined here is the diff:
Code:
$ diff /home/media/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py.old /home/media/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py
102c102
<     version = float(version)
---
>     version = float(version.split()[0])

Update for Windows users:
I haven't tried it myself but on Windows 7 and Vista you should be able to apply this fix by opening the file C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib\CommonFunction​s.py with your text editor of choice. Once you've done that proceed to execute steps 4 and 5 from the step-by-step instructions above. On Windows XP look for XBMC's folder under C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserName>\Application Data.
Can someone please provide a similar fix, but for atv2 and windows? Thanks Gurus!
Hi Guys

Having a script error when trying to view youtube videos. OS windows home server 2012 running XBMC Eden
Logs are
13:39:49 T:1868 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:39:49 T:1868 NOTICE: YouTube-3.3.0
13:39:49 T:1868 NOTICE: CommonFunctions Beta-1.5.0
13:39:49 T:1868 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
13:39:49 T:1868 ERROR: Error Contents: invalid literal for float(): 11.0 Git:20120321
13:39:49 T:1868 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 107, in <module>
params = common.getParameters(sys.argv[2])
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib\CommonFunctions.py", line 110, in getParameters
if getXBMCVersion() >= 12.0:
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib\CommonFunctions.py", line 102, in getXBMCVersion
version = float(version)
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 11.0 Git:20120321
13:39:49 T:6348 ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&action=play_video&videoid=O6JjPYzAF40

***************edit fix above worked for me just had to change line 102
Hi guys

I installed the Firefox & Chrome plug-ins , and both display Xbmc when I click on my browser to e.g. login to youtube.

But,
when viewing a video on the browser, no xbmc icon appear to send it to xbmc.
I configured my IP:80 (no usernames) in the options.

I'm using latest versions of FF & Chrome.
Any ideas why no icon appear?
tx

edit: found http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1270891 now the button appears, but doesn't do much , according to xbmc.log nothing to be seen

1) The new version is in the process of being released. If you cannot deal with a manual install wait for it.
2) I think you should move the discussion about beta installations to a separate thread. I should have a realized this would derail when I triggered it, My bad.
3) Why the f post "I cant login" after page after page of post of people whining about not being able to login? If you cant add something then dont post.
4) By the way, if you download a beta and it says it depends on a beta version of something else...do not f*ck with the dependency. Download the depencency of the correct version. You need to download 4 components.
Thanks dbohdan your fix worked for me on windows.
(2012-12-29, 16:05)davidjm Wrote: Thanks dbohdan your fix worked for me on windows.

Same here, thanks!
hi davidjm can you help me i have windows 7 64 bit and i am confused with the fix for windows could you make it easier for me as i dont know what to change

many thanks

wwe
(2012-12-29, 18:08)wwe1 Wrote: hi davidjm can you help me i have windows 7 64 bit and i am confused with the fix for windows could you make it easier for me as i dont know what to change

many thanks

wwe

Just look at a few post above http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1279612

At the bottom you'll find what to do. This worked for me. Just open that file (I found that Wordpad worked best for me) and change the indicated line (just use the search function of Wordpad).

Thanks dbohdan for the manual fix. Subscriptions are working fine now. Much appreciated.
(2012-12-29, 12:03)dbohdan Wrote: [*] Now, edit it to look exactly like below, except for aforementioned four spaces in front:
Code:
version = float(version.split()[0])

Thank you very much. This worked perfectly and also fixed my Vimeo plugin.
Thank You dbohdan!!!! Your workaround has been confirmed to fix this issue on Windows 7 & ATV2!!!! Cheers!
Fix works perfect on OpenELEC 2.0 ION x64. Props to dbohdan for the fast patch!
  • 179(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28