MP Channels and EPG
I'm slowing making XBMC do what I want it to but I've run into another couple issue.

2 issues with this right now:

1. The EPG data is not correct. Not sure if its showing the information from the wrong time or wrong channels. For example, there are a couple OTA stations that play the same content on 2 channels but one in HD and one is SD but the EPG shows they are different shows.

2. Not all channels appear in the EPG but do appear in the channel list.

Please note that neither of these issues appear in Mediaportal itself on the same machine.

I'll try to get logs up tonight if they would help.

Thanks.
Can you tell me what you're using to provide the guide data, I ran into this issue trying to use Schedules Direct.

I used the xmltv tool to get my guide data setup. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/c9nl5xt

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting....I am using schedules direct but it works inside MP just fine.

I'll look into the xmltv. Does it work in North America? I thought it was more of a EU thing.

Thanks!
(2012-12-28, 17:04)cousinjerry Wrote: Interesting....I am using schedules direct but it works inside MP just fine.

I'll look into the xmltv. Does it work in North America? I thought it was more of a EU thing.

Thanks!

Yes it works fine for me I'm in Virginia.

I tried the other EPG options but the only one I was able to have full success with was the xmltv.
The issue I had with schedules direct was only my channels from the cable box were visible in the guide I was unable to get my QAM channels to appear.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking into the XMLTV and I can't seem to make much sense of it.

What are you using for the data? Zap2it doesn't seem to work anymore.
Follow this tutorial

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/User:ro...and_mc2xml

The link doesn't work but I just found that tutorial on the MP wiki page.

Thanks so much for your help!
Here's a shared link for the xmltv.dtd file. the link on the tutorial site seems wrong.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4dpu7n1awxze8y/xmltv.dtd?m
Following that tutorial along with the files should get your guide working.

One thing I highly recommend is to export (backing up) your channels so you don't have to go through the manual channel input again.

hoopsdavis,

Thank you so much for the help!

Got the XMLTV set up and running using my schedules direct account.

Thanks again!
Just sharing what I've learned here. I'm glad you were able to get it working.

I hope to not upset anyone, but my question is similar. If it should be in another thread, I'd be happy to have a moderator move this to a new thread called, "Yet Another EPG Question".

I have configured my channel lineup in MediaPortal (MePo) and edited the Channel Names to be what I want them to display. Still, XMBC displays the first ones it loaded up with when I enabled PVR support. My settings say to only use backend channels. I'm guessing I did something wrong.

Next, I'm always getting "No Information Available" and every time the selection control goes over EPG: Timeline (it is in TV channels in the pic below), XBMC stops responding and Win7 eventually shuts it down in about 5 minutes of a non-responsive GUI.

I know EPG data is out there, because Win7's Media Player pulls the data up.

I apologize that I can't give you too much more information right now, because it is family time and the family is enjoying their TV while I'm writing this.

I have enabled XmlTV in MePo's TV Configuration, but I have not downloaded Mc2xml. Does this not happen automatically when you enable it on the system? Stupid NOOB!

But, you can post whatever questions you have, and I'll be glad to answer them as soon as I can!
jp2code, here's a link to guide you to get your channels setup

(in this article you'll be asked to download two files, I've included them below for you.)

Links to the files mentioned.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9xnw90egt31q18/mc2xml.exe
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4dpu7n1awxze8y/xmltv.dtd

This info should get your channels setup.

Thanks Mr. hoopsdavis.

So, the mc2xml.exe and xmltv.dtd files are needed and are not installed by the plugin.

Would this be why XBMC crashes every time I try to show the "EPG: Timeline"?

Every time I move the active selected item over "EPG: Timeline", XBMC stops responding for a very long time (2 to 5 minutes) until I finally get this "XBMC has stopped working" message:

Yes this is correct, at the moment xbmc doesn't have channels in the database therefore when you go to the guide it gets stuck looking for the channels.

Once you get your channels setup you'll see no more crash when accessing the guide.

correct, the mc2xml.exe and xmltv.dtd files will create the EPG database for all your channels. Once you follow the setup guide you'll see how it all works together.

Good Luck, if you get stuck I'll be here

(2013-01-04, 05:17)hoopsdavis Wrote: jp2code, here's a link to guide you to get your channels setup

(in this article you'll be asked to download two files, I've included them below for you.)

Links to the files mentioned.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9xnw90egt31q18/mc2xml.exe
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4dpu7n1awxze8y/xmltv.dtd

This info should get your channels setup.

Hi hoopsdavis,

I followed the procedure, copying the files to a new folder called "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\xmltv".

In the "XmlTv > Mappings" tab, I checked "Partial match" then clicked the "Load/Refresh". Instead of seeing the TV lineup after a few seconds, I was immediately presented with this message box: "tvguide.lst file notfound at path [C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst].

I tried copying the [C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.xml] file to [C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst] and clicked Load/Refresh again. This time, however, I was told "Can't read file(s) from the tvguide.lst"

Any idea what I could have done wrong?

I'll admit, the first time I clicked "Load/Refresh", I forgot to check the "Partial match" option - this stuff is hard to do on the Media PC while the family is bitchin' over your shoulder to hurry up (like they are now).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP Channels and EPG0