• 4(current)
Req SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC
Not wanting to go off-topic, but foobar2000 is a great solution for playing SACD, as they can be used like normal albums in any way including tagging and the sound is very good. The goal here is to get equally good sound in XBMC as to centralize all video and audio in one media centre.
As I understand it, Xbmc with AudioEngine does not develop in the direction of SACD. Very sorry.
Please tell me which player you use to play the SACD on PC(xbmc external player)?
Now there are a few of software players.
HTPC: Asrock H67M-ITX, intel i3 2100T, 8Gb DDR3, WD 3Tbx2, Win 7(x64) - XBMC Frodo RC3 -> Onkyo TX-NR818 -> B&W
(2013-01-19, 00:45)R... Wrote: As I understand it, Xbmc with AudioEngine does not develop in the direction of SACD. Very sorry.
Please tell me which player you use to play the SACD on PC(xbmc external player)?

The only free player is Foobar with the DSD Plugin. Is DSD support for XBMC now officially a non starter?
(2013-01-19, 21:01)Krobar Wrote: The only free player is Foobar with the DSD Plugin. Is DSD support for XBMC now officially a non starter?
DSDIFF still plays:
- Korg AudioGate - freeware
- TEAC HR Audio Player - freeware
HTPC: Asrock H67M-ITX, intel i3 2100T, 8Gb DDR3, WD 3Tbx2, Win 7(x64) - XBMC Frodo RC3 -> Onkyo TX-NR818 -> B&W
(2013-01-19, 21:01)Krobar Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 00:45)R... Wrote: As I understand it, Xbmc with AudioEngine does not develop in the direction of SACD. Very sorry.

The only free player is Foobar with the DSD Plugin. Is DSD support for XBMC now officially a non starter?
I believe one of the developers has SACD support working ( which is based on that plugin) in a private build of XBMC, however I seem to remember seeing something about license issues preventing this from being pushed to mainline XBMC at this time.
(2013-01-19, 22:43)R... Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 21:01)Krobar Wrote: The only free player is Foobar with the DSD Plugin. Is DSD support for XBMC now officially a non starter?
DSDIFF still plays:
- Korg AudioGate - freeware
- TEAC HR Audio Player - freeware

Korg isnt real freeware, it insists on hijacking your Twitter account.
Not sure if this make much difference as Audio Engine is now used but some additional DSD support in Linux is starting to appear. ALSA should be adding support soon: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...px=MTM1NjY
Here is a spin off DSD player: https://github.com/zonque/alsa-dsd-player

The new patches are aimed at DOP although correct identification of DSD is also added which is a start.
That is good news. Thanks.
hello

I have XBMC frodo, can I play sacd? does it support SACD natively or I need to install this plugin?

Thanks
(2012-04-10, 22:03)HeresJohnny Wrote: Hey, I never noticed this thread got some lovin' Smile
Max, the programmer of the foobar2000 sacd plugin has already implemented various decoding optimizations which have made playback between 4-6 times faster than when the plugin was first written. If you people could work more wonders on the optimization part I guess he would be really happy seeing XBMC as having a synergy effect.

A problem that he couldn't tackle so far - and for me this is probably the holy grail - is DSD streaming via HDMI. Many newer universal players can do this, however, there seems to be no real standard. I'd LOVE to see the DSD indicator light up on my Yammy 3067, though... never seen that until now Smile Oppo was going in that direction with DVD-A and Bluray ISOs, but they caved in and removed ISO playback support (I imagine due to legal pressure).

May I also point you guys to the sister thread of this one: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=dvd-audio
DVD-A ISO playback should be just around the corner as MLP decoding is already present in XBMC. Again, Maxim's ISO code might be helpful there.

Oppo have supported DSF streaming on their current player for a few months now and a number Pioneer and Onkyo AVRs support DSF streaming too. The significance of this is more to do with legal pressure, mainstream manufacturers have taken the lid off DSD streaming now. Would UPNP control of the Oppo BDP-103 be a viable solution?

Another thing I've been unclear on is if Nvidia/AMD support of DSD needs only driver support or if it requires firmware/hardware updates too.
(2011-07-26, 21:22)HeresJohnny Wrote: A request with a sidewise glance at the upcoming AE engine:

Would love to see SACD ISO and DSDIFF playback in XBMC. Code can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/
http://sacddecoder.sourceforge.net

Thanks for considering it!

Hello,
I have foobar2000 installed on windows 7, if I have a hybrid SACD, how do I know it is playing in SACD mode or regular CD mode?
thanks
@petercanada

Please ask foobar2000 related questions either in the hydrogenaudio forums or in the Sourceforge forum of the SACD plugin. From your previous previous message I divine that this would turn into a larger support thread unrelated to XBMC.
Is there any update on this? Sony showed quite a few new products supporting DSF files / DSD at Cedia and announced a Partnership with Warner and Universal to provide DSD downloads.
+1 Would like to play SACD ps3iso rips with xbmc.
+1 I am also very much like to play DSD / SACD files on XBMC!
Without this XBMC lags behind Confused

WM
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC5