• 6(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2013-01-19, 00:47)Antenne71 Wrote: @Xardos
You really have DTS? I have only DD.
How did you connect your receiver? HDMI ?
Another thing is android footer, any chance to skip when watching full screen?
Thanks!

Yes, really DTS or DD sound ! DTS-HD doesn´t work with xbmc.
Android footer:
you have to install the full functional demo version of "hide bottom bar" http://ppareit.github.com/HideBar/. (difference to full version: a little banner)
(2013-01-19, 13:17)dreamers Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 12:37)Xardos Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 10:28)dreamers Wrote: I have a geniatech 510b but with last release of pivos xbmc when start a movie nothing appear only audio.Someone help me?

you have to set the display-settings in system to 1080p50Hz..

From Android settings?
Thanks

Yes, in android system settings. In xbmc you can change the max resolution to 1280x720p (with hide bar demo) only. this is for xbmc only, videos in 1080p will rendered in system-setting-resolution.
(2013-01-19, 13:12)Xardos Wrote: other problem:

1. the aspect ratio is´nt correct -> player options in xbmc are changing the screen bar sector only (movies are always rendered to fullscreen) - not the movie itself are changing - circles in movies look like eggs... ( /sys/class/video/axis have r/w permission)

had this problem - easiest way to check - ssh into the box and do chmod 777 /sys/class/video/axis
after this I restarted XBMC, and aspect works fine now

Best regards
(2013-01-19, 14:19)srle Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 13:12)Xardos Wrote: other problem:

1. the aspect ratio is´nt correct -> player options in xbmc are changing the screen bar sector only (movies are always rendered to fullscreen) - not the movie itself are changing - circles in movies look like eggs... ( /sys/class/video/axis have r/w permission)

had this problem - easiest way to check - ssh into the box and do chmod 777 /sys/class/video/axis
after this I restarted XBMC, and aspect works fine now

Best regards

thx, now does it work ! Rootexplorer were not assumed my settings...

Now only remains my last problem:
2. movies running for a long time ok, then will the sound (HDMI passthrough, equally whether stereo or dts) after 20-30 minutes to the AVR Pioneer VSX-921 dropout. The AVR Display switched to stereo, an then i have video only, no sound.
have tried the geniatech-xbmc-version: only dolby digital sound is good working, dts movies are making heavy noise... that means to me that I have to go back to xios-xbmc-version
(2013-01-19, 17:27)Xardos Wrote: have tried the geniatech-xbmc-version: only dolby digital sound is good working, dts movies are making heavy noise... that means to me that I have to go back to xios-xbmc-version

thanx for the info
i can describe my soundproblem more exact now: (movies running for a long time ok, then will the sound (HDMI passthrough, equally whether stereo or dts) after 20-30 minutes to the AVR Pioneer VSX-921 dropout. The AVR Display switched to stereo, an then i have video only, no sound)

The problem is probably the bitstreaming. I´m playing internet radio over xbmc - same problem. It begins with least drop-outs and at one point or another the ATV1200 lost the connect to Pioneer VSX-921. I have to switch the input-connector to an other signal source (DVD e.g.) and back again. Then i have sound for 10-30 minutes again. Video is every time available. Same problem when the xbmc is in idle, no playing music or movies, the bitstream connection lost too after 10-30 min. Is there an opportunity to configure this ?

-------------------------

Perhaps is anybody interested in this: 3D-mkv s (3D-SBS) run very smoothly ( tested with TRON 3D) - the cpu/gpu has power enough
(2013-01-19, 22:51)Xardos Wrote: i can describe my soundproblem more exact now: (movies running for a long time ok, then will the sound (HDMI passthrough, equally whether stereo or dts) after 20-30 minutes to the AVR Pioneer VSX-921 dropout. The AVR Display switched to stereo, an then i have video only, no sound)

The problem is probably the bitstreaming. I´m playing internet radio over xbmc - same problem. It begins with least drop-outs and at one point or another the ATV1200 lost the connect to Pioneer VSX-921. I have to switch the input-connector to an other signal source (DVD e.g.) and back again. Then i have sound for 10-30 minutes again. Video is every time available. Same problem when the xbmc is in idle, no playing music or movies, the bitstream connection lost too after 10-30 min. Is there an opportunity to configure this ?

-------------------------

Perhaps is anybody interested in this: 3D-mkv s (3D-SBS) run very smoothly ( tested with TRON 3D) - the cpu/gpu has power enough

have not expirienced these problems, I am running audio over optical spdif to a somewhat older sony reciever, no drop outs and audio works on radio, movies, youtube...

i would suggest you try a diffrent cable first Smile make sure that it is not a simple problem

http://www.geniatech.com/news/mx-atv1200...uction.asp

very detailed instructions to update your box to latest firmware
Seems to work quite well now including DTS and over Ethernet.
I have still problems with the SD card. It is not found in the provided Browser.
Anyone an idea? Huh
Thanks!
(2013-01-21, 12:47)Antenne71 Wrote: Seems to work quite well now including DTS and over Ethernet.
I have still problems with the SD card. It is not found in the provided Browser.
Anyone an idea? Huh
Thanks!

no problems @me. Should be found under /storage.
Important: if the SD-Card is ntfs formatted, you need paragon-ntfs to mount the card.
Could someone please clarify whether the ATV1200 will allow me to stream directly from my NAS?

I think from what I've read so far this is the only thing it doesnt support, but not 100%
(2013-01-21, 17:52)jonnyhibbert Wrote: Could someone please clarify whether the ATV1200 will allow me to stream directly from my NAS?

I think from what I've read so far this is the only thing it doesnt support, but not 100%

offcourse it will, using samba (smb), ftp, http and all other network protocols except NFS, for the time beeing

the guys from geniatech promised to add NFS support in future builds
http://www.everbesthk.com/8-download/myg...oteime.htm

found this app - works as a remote throughout android on our boxes, it can work as remote, mouse and keyboard from your android phone/tablet

the mouse cursor lags a bit, but beats having to plugin a keyboard or a mouse

(2013-01-02, 01:20)srle Wrote: - video out on the TV says 1080p, but XBMC and the Android interface are beeing rendered in 720p
- I am not getting DTS/AC3 through optical out - XBMC says Passthrough output device: Error no devices found, and I decided to go with this box exactly because it has both coax and optical audio out...

Sorry to go back to the very first post to comment my experience. I just wanted to share it as soon as I noticed this thread.

I decided to test a chinese rebranded Android player with DVB tuner, as it was quite cheap in a local warehouse near my home. It was cheap, and it featured the AMLogic 8726-M1. Mine was the Optex ORT 945-IP, but a similar design can be found as Energy Sistem Smart TV Box, TVTech GigaTV Android HD620 T, GoClever Android Box 500 and Dyon Andromeda.

I must say that it lasted just one day at home. After some tests, several firmware upgrades and XBMC testing, it was returned for a refund.

I noticed several problems, being two of them the same that you mention.

I immediately found that, although the HDMI resolution was configured to 1080p, all the screens were rendered at 720p and upscaled, confirmed looking at the screen settings within XBMC: windowed 1280x720. I managed to get 1080p just modifying the file /system/build.prop, commenting the line "ro.platform.has.1080scale=2". I am still shocked with the HUUUGE performance hit enabling 1080p for the graphical interface, which was around 7fps with a 100% CPU use. And I am just still wondering whether the videos play @720p or @1080p with the scale enabled. Anyone?

The second problem was a design flaw of the Optex player/tuner. The firmware didn't include the necessary config param in /system/build.prop, which was "ro.platform.has.digitaudio=true". Adding that line made my unit to passthrough AC3 and DTS audio after a reboot.

Kind regards.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17