• 51(current)
Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
(2013-01-25, 16:25)v1n1c1uS Wrote: Hi, 'm using OpenElec, build a Intel project yesterday to update to kernel 3.7.4. But still can not get DTS-MA/TrueHD to work.

Sometimes crackling noise, sometimes static

Before that, I always used Openelec with analog stereo because didn't had a HT in my bedroom.

My setup:

Philips HTS 3541/78(basic HT for my bedroom) connected via HDMI 1 (ARC input) to a Sony Bravia KDL 32ex405 with an hdmi 1.4 cable
HTPC with openelec connected via HDMI 4 on TV with an hdmi 1.4 cable

My HTPC specs:
Openelec Intel x86-64 Build from git master yesterday (Kernel 3.7.4)
Intel i3-2100 (Sandy Bridge - VAAPI)
4GB RAM (2x2gb)
Old 160GB Sata I HDD
Motherboard ECS H61H2-M2 : http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product...3&LanID=12 (with hdmi instead of DVI)

aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: VT1705 Analog [VT1705 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: VT1705 Digital [VT1705 Digital]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 2: VT1705 HP [VT1705 HP]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 0/1

Openelec Settings

Audio Output: HDMI
Channels: 5.1
All decoding ON except AAC
Audio device: [HDA Intel PCH] HDMI 0
Audio passthorugh: [HDA Intel PCH] SNY Sony TV on HDMI

Full xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/wwFGQ6Xy

Did you apply the alsa-lib patch to the OpenELEC build?
Don't know how to do it.

I only get the newest master git running PROJECT=Intel ARCH=x86_64 make release

But I will search how to do it and make a new build with patch
I think it was applied. I checked my packages foldes and it's there. Openelec.tv/packages/audio/alsa-lib.
From the specs I could find online your Philips amp may not support dts-hd?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's because it's Brazilian numeration but it decodes,

From the specs: Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS Digital Surround, Áudio de alta resolução DTS-HD, DTS-HD Master Audio Essential

Here's a picture: http://muszakinetplaza.hu/media/itempic/...1_12_1.jpg

I found a patch that I didn't have before. Gonna try to build with it: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...ping.patch

I already tested with blu-ray discs and the HT decoded properly DolbyTrueHD and DTS-HD
No sucess, same problem.
Seems that the Sony Bravia KDL EX405 only passes 2.1 via HDMI Arc.

I tested my htpc on the living room with an Onkyo HTR-390 and everything went fine, so no audioengine fault....

(2013-01-25, 18:26)v1n1c1uS Wrote: I think it was applied. I checked my packages foldes and it's there. Openelec.tv/packages/audio/alsa-lib.

You need to put this patch in the patches directory under Openelec.tv/packages/audio/alsa-lib and rebuild OpenELEC.

Yeah, I put it and rebuild it.

The problem is my TV only passes 2.1 via HDMI Arc, I tested in my living room HT with an Onkyo HTR-390 receiver and it worked in 5.1 no problem

The problem is my bedrrom is that it's a very basic HT with only one hdmi out(to use with HDMI Arc), and my Sony Bravia KDL 32ex405 only route 2.1 via HDMI Arc.

If I put 2.1 instead of 5.1 it works via HDMI output
i always get

ERROR: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - failed to initialize device "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0"

the strange thing is, that audio plays well over my DENON AVR first time when whatching TV but when i stop that channel and activate again, my card is gone - no more audio.

This only happens the last 2-3 weeks, i never saw that before.

I might resetup my HTPC. =/ any ideas else?

If you pull Openelec from GIT to build it, there is no patch required anymore. They took it into the kernel already.

Only thing you need todo, if you just use HDMI for video/sound is the following:

Ssh in and type nano storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-spdif-for-hd-audio.conf

remove # of these 3:
# blacklist snd_hda_codec_realtek
# blacklist snd_hda_codec_sigmatel
# blacklist snd_hda_codec_cirrus

press Ctrl+O, then press enter and do a reboot.

HD audio works for me on a Celeron G540 with HD2000.
(2013-01-24, 10:03)vicbitter Wrote: ION1 does NOT support HD audio

Is this a hardware limitation? I've got 2x ION1 boxes :-(
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
2 boxes = Twice the hardware limitation, on a bright note you can passthrough LPCM up to 7.1 channels up to 192kHz, which is banging more than some HD channels can do.

uNi
Well, I have had these boxes a good little while and they have served me well - and continue to do so. I just wasn't aware of any particular limitations and liked them better than the ION2 that followed. I'm not running 7.1 here and don't have the room for it to do it well but I still try to tweak things as best they can be. truthfully even AC3 sounds decent to me but I tend to encode rips with DTS whenever possible, THD seems to have issues unfortunately. Ah Well, I enjoy the systems just fine but bummer if technology finally passed them up lol!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
You should have no problem with DTS
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4