• 133(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
I have the same issue- streams on both iPlayer and ITV Player run for a second before kicking me back to the menu.
El Bandit: do you have xbmc configured to show projgramme info before playing ? if so, try it without that.

I need to see debug logs to help further.
Hi, there. As of yesterday trying to select a channel (e.g. CBeebies, BBC 1 etc ) or a category (Popular, Highlights etc) on my ATV2 and iPad2 gives me a 'Failed to select URL' error. Live streams also not playing. I was on Eden and so updated to Frodo but exactly the same message appears. I've tried selecting Limelight, Akamai, Any, as stream source, all with same result.
Here's the debug log for my ATV2.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31496
I really, really do appreciate any help that could be given on this. The iPlayer plugin is a big part of my family's life.
(2013-01-31, 13:15)Sniffer8 Wrote: The iPlayer plugin is a big part of my family's life.

Of mine too. My kids love CBEebies
Very happy to report that channel lists etc are now accessible and that programmes are playing via Limelight. Live streams intermittently accessible via Akamai.

(And @Macki, that's what I meant, too. Plus a bit of BBC4 for me)
can anyone explain to me what limelight and akamai actually ARE? I dont understand.
In the add on settings you can select the "stream" which can be either akamai, limelight, level 3 etc
(2013-02-01, 10:04)Sniffer8 Wrote: Very happy to report that channel lists etc are now accessible and that programmes are playing via Limelight. Live streams intermittently accessible via Akamai.

your issue looking at your log is not related to the plugin but a dns issue - your machine being unable to resolve the bbc feeds site. so a networking issue your end, or issue with the dns.
(2013-02-02, 21:05)exobuzz Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 10:04)Sniffer8 Wrote: Very happy to report that channel lists etc are now accessible and that programmes are playing via Limelight. Live streams intermittently accessible via Akamai.

your issue looking at your log is not related to the plugin but a dns issue - your machine being unable to resolve the bbc feeds site. so a networking issue your end, or issue with the dns.
Thanks ever so much for looking at the log, exobuzz. I'll look into the dns/networking issue as best I can. Please, please keep up the good work with the plugin; it's a lifesaver!

Hi Exobuzz

First, THANK YOU for this superb plugin. Living as an expat in the US where TV is unbelievably awful, access to the Beeb is the only thing keeping me sane !

Second; I've got a couple of suggestions to make the plugin more user friendly:

I've found it quite difficult to work out which episode is which by date as the plugin sorts by name rather than the aired date. So I've made some changes:

- In "def list_feed_listings" after "programmes = sort_by_attr(programmes, 'title')" add:
programmes = sort_by_attr(programmes, 'updated')

Also change "xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(handle=__plugin_handle__, sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_LABEL)" to
xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(handle=__plugin_handle__, sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_NONE)

- In "def add_programme" after "date=datestr" add:
date2=datestr[:4] + '-' + datestr[5:7] + '-' + datestr[8:10]

- In "def add_prgramme" at top, add:
xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(504)')

- In the following "listitem.setInfo" add:
'Premiered' : date2,
'Episode' : tracknumber + 1

The effect of these changes is to sort the programmes by aired date, put the programme view mode into "Mode Info" and fill-in the "Aired" and "Episode" labels. Now when you scroll through the programmes you see them in the date broadcast order and this information shows on the right-hand side.

Cheers !

D
Nice addition but beware that xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(504)') will only work for Confluence.

EDIT: Works perfectly, thanks.

Before -

After -

Here's the full default.py (minus the Confluence view selection part) -

http://pastebin.com/KJzi5KzP
@Hitcher - which skin are you using ? On Frodo with Confluence, I don't see the "Aired" or "Episode" filled in before the changes I made....
Just playing with this and the episodes are all over the place. It looks like I will need to do the sort by programme ID, not aired date... Time to play.
Well, that was a little easier than I feared:

CHANGE:

programmes = sort_by_attr(programmes, 'updated')

TO:

programmes = sort_by_attr(programmes, 'pid')

Now all your programmes will be sorted correctly....
(2013-02-05, 01:14)dlake02 Wrote: @Hitcher - which skin are you using ? On Frodo with Confluence, I don't see the "Aired" or "Episode" filled in before the changes I made....

Alaska HD (not yet released) but it works the same in XeeBo -

• 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13